Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosydar

WHA Draft

Theo, do you want to know what I think is a joke? I think its a joke that a family can not go see a hockey game with good players without mortaging their house. I am in full support of this league. With soaring ticket prices and all that jazz, only wealthy people can really afford to go and watch a game. The most expensive ticket that they are gonna sell is 65 dollars and it will go to 10 dollars. I think this is a great thing, and hopefully some good hockey too. I think the salary idea and marquee players should prove to be a good mix of vets and young kids.

because he is more likely to play. I'm hoping Crosby plays, I'd like to see'em play vs. Men, the majority of players will be AHL or low line NHL players so the defensive aspects should give him a challenge. Plus he's close. PiKappaPhi you made some great points and I agree completely. We have season tickets for the Leafs, only ones we keep are ones I pay for myself, and my dad (who buys the tickets) keep the rest. whats even more of a shame is if you pay all that cash to even goto a game, then realize it's probably regulation and nobody really cares (players wise).

i am so confused at those picks??like how di dtravis green go higher then a lot of wayyy better guys??

The team has a better chance of signing him than say a really good player. Green isnt bad at all, hes a solid centerman who plays really physical. I enjoyed watching him when he played with my Bruins.

Hmmm...the Hamilton guy must either be a Habs/Dogs fan or just want to screw them this year....he took Andrei Kastitsyn (although it's spelled Kostitsyn) in the 3rd round...there is talk that if Montreal can get him signed to a North American deal..he'd be on the Bulldogs roster this year.

I think it'd be better for Crosby to play here. I'd think there's less chance of him getting unjured than playing in the Q, just because I believe he'd have better protection than he would ever have in the Q. I think they'd set him up alot like Gretzky and it'd give the kid an oppurtunity to play at a Pro level where he is able to prove he is the real deal and can play against men. Injury is a constant threat to everyone, the only people I suspect will sit back and wait are the Vets who are financially stable and in a good financial situation to deal with a lock-out.

If Crosby plays in the Q next year and hurts himself, he doesn't make any money and is even more screwed than if he played in the WHA. I think it's a nice alternative to going to Europe for a lot of players. I don't see guys llike Thornton, or Jagr or the big money guys jumping over but I could see a lot of guys who aren't happy with their current teams using it as a tool against them. Like Gomez and Niedermayer with the Devils or Gagne with the Flyers.

Actually I think that if they are pushing for teams to play more offensively, you won't need as much talent as you do in the NHL.

I'm thinking along those lines and from personal experience the lower calibre hockey (and this won't obviously be NHL calibre hockey) there is alot more explosive actions because the overall defense isn't as good and people are more easily beat one on one. Many will say because the NHL is the top league and there isn't anywhere higher to go so people aren't playing a tier below their calibre that is why, but I think it'll help create more scoring. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few teams with one extremely talented lines who are able to produce multiple point games on a regular basis.