Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

phantomowner27

Are new wheels really any better?

So i was in a pinch a couple weeks ago and needed to throw wheels on my skates in a hurry (old ones were breaking on me, all at the same time oddly enough). I threw on some old mr. stickys and 5 or 6 year old labedas (just what my team mates had in there bags)

I have to say that the older wheels feel better than the rink rats hornets i was using.

Almost 3 weeks now and the wheels are hanging in better than any of the new, high-end wheels I had been using.

I know what all the manufacturers say about the new technology and what it does but on my opinion I haven't really found any difference worth what there charging nowadays.

Just curious to see if anyone else has had had similar experiences....

i like the rinkrats better than anything ive had before only because both sets that ive had so far (hornets and hotshots) have lasted well over a year and that includes playing on wood a couple days a week. besides that i really cant tell between old labedas and the new rinkrats

maybe you just dont know how to skate CJ :P heehee

I've gone back to the old wheels and man was it an ugly experience. I can still remember the 1st time I tried my rink rats out, man what a killer set of wheels. I remember take my 1st corner and remembering the bounce I got whilst performing crossovers. It really makes a difference in my sprinting stride having the extra bounce.

Scott you little Rat! Welcome to MSH! It's about time you got on here...

Can't skate? How many goals do you have in the Mudcats-Rinkrat score club? Goes for you too Bronson...and keep this kind of chit chat for pm's.