Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4onthefloor

2008 RBK Skates at Roller Hockey Monkey

I agree. They totally crush the new Missions in looks.

As far as performance goes, I have a pair of CCM Vector 8.0s and Mission Wicked Light 5s. I like the performance and feel of the Tri Di over the Vanguard. Since the new RBKs will incorporate a more streamlined Tri Di Lite chassis for '08, there's no way I'm passing on these.

It looks like my Missions will either be mothballed or put up for auction on eBay soon. Starting bid probably around $50.

I'm definitely liking the 8Ks, too. I'd probably submit a pre-order but they don't have any 7.5Ds. I wear an 8.0D in my Vector 8.0s but I know I can fit into a 1/2 size smaller. I want this next pair of skates to fit real snug. I'll just wear a thinner sock.

The Vectors are the best-fitting and most comfortable skates that I've worn and since the the 8Ks have the same microfiber liner and lightweight metal mesh 1/4s as my 8.0s dropping down to a 7.5D won't be a problem.

i saw all the new rbk and mission skates the 9k is by far the best skate out this year its so light and has such a good feel. the new mission skates hurt just like the wicked ones

damn those are amazing ... i wish stores in the area would carry them so I could compare to the 08 mission line .... they do look far nicer though. Any comments from people that have used them?

Does anyone know if the new RBKs will fit like the old ones? Also, does anyone else think that chassis looks a little flimsy?

Sorry if this has been answered already.

I think those look pretty gross, but it looks like I'm the only one.

You're not the only one. I don't know why there's so much praise for such a nasty looking skate.

I think they are pretty good lookin boots, esp the 8K

I like the Tri-Di frame as it feels like you are skating with the middle of your foot more and seem to get the most out of the stride. Hi-Lo's you seem too on your toes and the all 80's seem too much on your heels.

I have PF10's at the minute and really like them. I may have to give these a closer look ... Some guys I know say the Pump can feel like the blood isn't getting through to your feet ... has anyone found this or is this a bit too much "John Cena" style pumping up??? Guess you could always just not pump up.

i'm skating on the 6k's, and i love them. In my opinion, those skates (my 6k's) are byfar the most comfortable skates i've ever been in. I know it's the tri-di that i love as well. i used to be all mission skates, but after trying those, i'll stay with RBK for a long time now.

As for the pumps, it's a nice feature, but you shouldn't be buying these RBK skates for the pumps. My ice skates are 8k's, without the pump, and i like those much better then the 6k's. The pump is nice, but it's not the selling point in my opinion.

That's what I was saying (kind of). If the top end boots didn't have a pump I would be more tempted. My uncertainty about the pump is what is making my usual impulse purchase tendancies stay hidden .... for a little longer any way ... soon as I get some commission from work it will be all over!!!!!

You're not the only one. I don't know why there's so much praise for such a nasty looking skate.

Because in the 8K's case, less is more. They used a very minimalistic design with only black and white coloring as opposed to missions '08 styling. Theres nothing that jumps out at your eye, and thats why i really dig them.

Does anyone know if the new RBKs will fit like the old ones? Also, does anyone else think that chassis looks a little flimsy?

Sorry if this has been answered already.

Yah,I've skated on the 9ks.

Theyre are just like the old ones. Extremely comfortable.

Also, there not as stiff as like Code Carbons or Wicked 1s, but theyre definately not flimsy.

i don't really understand why Reebok even comes out with a skate since they own CCM and they already have that as an established hockey line.

not to mention most hockey guys could care less about a stupid pump. i thought that would have died in '93.

There are plenty of people that use the pump. Like i said before, it's not a huge selling point, but it does have it's advantages. They've been on the skates for awhile now, and they continue to sell well, so they must be doing something right.

I know i'm in the minority with this next statement, but i prefer RBK over CCM skates. I know i'm mainly a inline player, but i believe that the RBK skates have the right balance between stiffness issues and comfort. We already saw what happened with Missions being too stiff, although everyone wanted durablity with the skates.

I guess my point is the pump is a feature that RBK has, and there really is no reason to lose it. It's still current, and if it really bothered someone, i have to imagine they'd just not pump the skate. I love my RBK skates, and i wouldn't go anywhere else right now, except for the Mission BOSS skates.

i don't really understand why Reebok even comes out with a skate since they own CCM and they already have that as an established hockey line.

not to mention most hockey guys could care less about a stupid pump. i thought that would have died in '93.

Because Reebok is fresh and an innovative company, Ccm (well tacks, which they are best known for) sells more on tradition. The things is, Inline hockey is a new sport with not to much tradition. Also they can offer 2 different fits with keeping the brands seperate with out to much confusion.