Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Numminen going in for heart surgery

Why would the sabres suspend him without pay because he "arrived at camp unfit to preform" or something.....instead of just waiting until right before the season to place him on long term IR? Its not like they are up against the cap.

I could see Teppo hanging up the skates this year though. The comments he made to the local media didn't sound all that confident.....

Its not like the heart is something to mess with, very difficult to replace and my brother had a similar problem and he said it is scary to even play recreationaly because you never know what could happen.

Why would the sabres suspend him without pay because he "arrived at camp unfit to preform" or something.....instead of just waiting until right before the season to place him on long term IR? Its not like they are up against the cap.

They would have to pay him on IR, this way they don't.

I thought long term injuries came off the Cap (ie: Mogilny in NJ).

They do...but the club would still have to pay him. By suspending him, they give him $0.

Zach

Oh sorry...confused "Pay him" with "Cap hit".

yup....

Reading the article in the buffalo news today - both Teppo and Darcy said its nothing but bussiness and that Teppo plans on playing again this season. There was a press conferance the other day and teppo got pissed at a reporter who kept asking him how he felt about the suspension, So apparently its just a bussiness thing ($$$).

The article said 6 weeks, which seems crazy to me considering they are gonna saw his rib cage in half, and replace a valve in his heart :ph34r:

its a pre existing condition, non hockey related. There is specific stuff in the CBA about this kind of situation. Seems kind of foolish to me that its an un-insured contract, but they have also signed him to 3 one year deals, (prolly because of this exact situation). If it was an insured contract Im sure theres no way hes suspended.

I dunno how heartless it is if even teppo doesn't care at all about it.....

i remember him having heart issues during his time in Dallas. that's pretty severe, and hope it goes for the best. the financial side of it should honestly be the last thing on his mind.