Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

srv2miker

Nike looking to sell Bauer

When it all boils down to it, we do what were do because we like helping people. There's nothing like the smile on a kid's face after buying his first stick and skates. Sure we could all go work at NBH or somewhere else but the everyday, hands on experience that we give is our contribution to the hockey world. Our local people appreciate us even though many others don't know that we exist. Every puzzle has many pieces. The LHS is just where our piece fits.

Knowing what we know, the grass is not always greener on the other side. Imagine how all those NBH people feel this morning.

Sven, I have spent too much time the last 6 months inside hospitals, ERs, and rehab facilities with the elderly too know that you certainly don't what to know what goes on the inside in that industry!

She stated that they are not publicly traded, so they probably do not have the capital to purchase Bauer.

That is what debt offerings are for, things such as 144A's, S-4's, etc.

Knowing what we know, the grass is not always greener on the other side. Imagine how all those NBH people feel this morning.

The former CEO of Bauer was let go when the Nike buyout happened and then he went to CCM. If you know what you are doing there will always be a place for you somewhere in the biz. You may just have to settle for working for Warrior :lol:

just when i started liking all the NBH stuff again (xxx,one90..) sigh

So far there has been no indication that anything will be changing along the lines of product. Everything will carry on as planned. An if it gets to the point that the company is sold it wouldn't make too much sense to change the way the best hockey company does things. They have been successful for a reason and Nike recognized that when they initially bought them years ago. They "rebranded" everything with the swoosh but kept letting the Bauer guys do what they do for the most part. We all knew it was still Bauer stuff.

The top management in this industry are always moving around. It is the nature of the beast. In this case, the early storm warning, which had me wondering at the time, was why did NBH CEO Chris Zimmerman leave NBH for the Vancouver Canucks position as President? Well, now we know what he knew! Change was just over the horizon.

Could be. But even working for the top equipment manufacturer may not be enough to feed the hockey "addiction". Everything revolves around the NHL and there is nothing that would top being a part of it. Sure, launching a new line of gear may be exciting but would it beat the feeling of your team winning the Cup?

One sentence of their press release say a lot to me.

"The Company expects the exploration process and any potential sale that maximizes Nike Bauer Hockey's value to Nike will be completed within the current fiscal year."

Today is September 21st. NBHs fiscal year ends May 31st. I think they are already in talks with someone; just my opinion. Eight months seems like a lot of time, but trust me, it really isn't. There is a lot to discuss...

That would be fast if a buyer wasn't already well into the works. The Company I work for (50+ radio station & 2 TV stations..plus a web/interactive division) First talked about selling last Winter (Feb)...that was with the buyer being made public...the formal sale announcement was made in April...and the new company still hasn't taken over (although they are involved in our new budgeting process). Sept to Aug fiscal...The probably are not taking over day to day Ops until Jan '08.

So, if Sept-May is going to be done....they've been talking LONG before any of it got out.

By the way...this company sold for $1.2 BILLION dollars...to a company with not as many existing radio stations...but way more TV & Outdoor ad interests.

I wonder what Bauer is worth?

So, a smaller player buying Bauer is not out of the question. That's how "small" companies get bigger. They have the money to buy bigger/established companies and merge it all together.

The numbers that I'm hearing are lower than the guesses here or what I originally expected.

Correct. I have to retract my previous statement about what my thoughts were to their worth. I was shocked when I heard the number but I think it would be best it we kept that figure to ourselves.

One sentence of their press release say a lot to me.

"The Company expects the exploration process and any potential sale that maximizes Nike Bauer Hockey's value to Nike will be completed within the current fiscal year."

Today is September 21st. NBHs fiscal year ends May 31st. I think they are already in talks with someone; just my opinion. Eight months seems like a lot of time, but trust me, it really isn't. There is a lot to discuss...

From what I know, there has been some interest but nothing serious. Just kicking some tires. There is certainly no agreement for a sale already in place at this moment.

Torspo anyone? HA!

alright, got my dumbass comment out of the way....

all pretty interesting stuff, and hugely attractive for a company looking to get into the business. not every day a gigantic marketshare of something gets thrown on the trading block!

are the revenue figures 160m US or Canadian

Nike is a US company and the hockey guys are based in NH, so I'm guessing US dollars. Not that there's much of a difference anymore.

Nike is a US company and the hockey guys are based in NH, so I'm guessing US dollars. Not that there's much of a difference anymore.

yeah, but it was on TSN... which is why i asked.

USD. And that is gross revenue not net income.

well aware of that. i didn't say income, did i?

yeah, but it was on TSN... which is why i asked.

USD. And that is gross revenue not net income.

well aware of that. i didn't say income, did i?

I posted that so people wouldn't assume that that's how much NBH makes a year. I never accused you of not knowing that. Take it easy bud. 2 minutes for being high-strung.

What are the chances of Bauer just returning to Bauer only?

I don't know. They'd need to get rid of that ugly logo though.

Hopefully they'd keep it with this:

logo_bauer.gif

Especially the helmets. Keep the logo where it was before without adding the watchamacallit.

logo_bauer3.gif

I wonder if Reebok is rubbing their hands together in glee right now. It makes me wonder though, who'll step up and push for innovation, if NBH doesn't exist as we know it, though.

Ever hear of Mission/Itech or Easton. I think Easton has pushed the envelope on skates more than any manufacturer. And Mission keeps coming up with innovative ideas in both their skates and their protctive equipment as well. Believe me there will be lots of companies who will keep on coming up with newer and better ideas for hockey equipment.

mission?....easton?.......no.... never heard of them...who are they. O.o

that sounds like an ID-ten-T problem if i ever heard of one

i doubt any existing company besides maybe warrior would step up

besides all other companies in the hockey game make their own skates

only warrior doesn't make skates but they already do make protective lacross equipment so

not too mention who can afford it?

it is in MHO an outsider who is going to come in and try their luck in the hockey biz

Ever hear of Mission/Itech or Easton. I think Easton has pushed the envelope on skates more than any manufacturer. And Mission keeps coming up with innovative ideas in both their skates and their protctive equipment as well. Believe me there will be lots of companies who will keep on coming up with newer and better ideas for hockey equipment.

Easton didn't push the envelope with skates at all. Kor was developing the shift1 before Easton started on their comp boot and none of the synergys were formable to the degree of the Kor or One90.