Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DBLD3883

can you mount hummer chassis on a one90 boot?

how much did you have to shave?

I had them done by a shop so I can't say how much, but from the looks of it not a lot was dremmeled out. I don't know an exact measurement but it only took a small area for the wheel to clear the outsole.

I was told the outsole for the One90 was really thin, and possibly too thin to be dremmel without ruining the boot. Is this true?

I'm not sure who told you this but it is untrue. When I was picking up my Supreme 70s the shop where I got them done had the Bauer equipment truck there with some of their reps. I actually spoke to one rep about what I was doing with the skates and he said I would have nothing to worry about and dremmeling out the small area would not compromise the outsole at all.

I've been on the skates for about a year now, skating a few times a week and tournament play and so far so good.

one of my buddie's is trying to do this to his one90 boot...he was planning on mounting a so called "riser" plate in the front to make room for hte 80mm wheels

i think that would work...but then you would feel leaned too far towards the heal

has anyone tried mounting a hummer to ignite 1's? when i line the frame up to the outsole either the front of the frame is flush and the back is risen off the boot in a horizontal triangle shape or vice versa when i i make it flush with the back of the frame.....is the some type of plastic or rubber riser that i can fit in there?

has anyone tried mounting a hummer to ignite 1's? when i line the frame up to the outsole either the front of the frame is flush and the back is risen off the boot in a horizontal triangle shape or vice versa when i i make it flush with the back of the frame.....is the some type of plastic or rubber riser that i can fit in there?

DIDNT YOU MAKE A TOPIC ABOUT THIS? why not just repeat this in every thread, that'll get someones attention.

Tried deleting it, but that's not an option to my knowledge. Also, I apologized for double posting. The issue is slightly time sensitive which is why i made it a topic after the first post, whereas this thread has nothing to do with ignites.

In return for your helpful advice pertaining to forum etiquette: For future reference, a question mark is most likely sufficient to indicate a question, whereas a capitalized sentense is most definitly sufficient to indicate how much of a D-bag one is...and i'll assume you don't have ignites mounted with a hummer?

I found that same thing with my Graf conversion with the Hummer frame. I found the Hummer frame pitch is more flat than most boots, particularly a boot used with a HiLo or LS2 holder. But it wasn't a problem at all for me at all. Once you put the frames on (by rivits or t-nuts) they will pull the boot flush with the frame. If you still think it could be a problem, maybe you need to heat the sole a bit? Risers will only make the skate higher, something you don't want to that if you can help it. You have to remember that you are putting a boot and frame together that arn't meant to be together (not made or designed to be together) so things don't fit perfectly (ie holes don't match up) but with a little know how you can sort most problems out.

I found that same thing with my Graf conversion with the Hummer frame. I found the Hummer frame pitch is more flat than most boots, particularly a boot used with a HiLo or LS2 holder. But it wasn't a problem at all for me at all. Once you put the frames on (by rivits or t-nuts) they will pull the boot flush with the frame. If you still think it could be a problem, maybe you need to heat the sole a bit? Risers will only make the skate higher, something you don't want to that if you can help it. You have to remember that you are putting a boot and frame together that arn't meant to be together (not made or designed to be together) so things don't fit perfectly (ie holes don't match up) but with a little know how you can sort most problems out.

malcb33

Any recomendations on mounting opportunities in Central Pa? thanks.

I would have no idea sorry. To be honest there are a lot of LHS around I wouldn't trust. It really isn't to hard to mount your own frames and you know that are done right.

Jay Mazer at Susquehana sports center. He only charged me 30 for taking chassis off two different pairs of skates and putting one pair of chassis back on one boot. He's a really cool guy and a tremendous roller hockey player. I believe another member on this board has had jay do mounting jobs for him.

Jay Mazer at Susquehana sports center. He only charged me 30 for taking chassis off two different pairs of skates and putting one pair of chassis back on one boot. He's a really cool guy and a tremendous roller hockey player. I believe another member on this board has had jay do mounting jobs for him.

I asked Jay already and he did not want to tackle the dremmeling of the boot. Hummer chassis on a 705 graf boot. If you know anyone else I would appreciate it. Rob from Labeda told me about someone in the Philly area that does this sort of thing all the time.

for everyones info, i was able to solve my problem of not being able to fit the hummer chassis on my ignite outsoles by just going to the shoemaker and having him fit some piece of thick leather where the chassis didnt sit flush.