Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ronnychencharik

Staph infection

Yeah, i've been aware of MRSA for some time now, and make sure to check my skin regularly for any abnormal appearance. especially in the area of cuts and scrapes i might have. I also disinfect any cuts immediately after I play with IPA or Peroxide.

started washing my stuff more frequently too... havent washed my pants yet... gotta figure out how to get those clean.

MRSA is pretty routine for me.. with my fiancee having Cystic Fibrosis and all. Some of the patients are exposed to it, some not.. so cross-contamination is a HUGE precaution.

Just now is it become a big issue with all us dirty jocks... (that was just a joke)

3 kids at my school got MRSA. If one more student is infected the school is being closed for a week. Sad to see this happen but it means a week of drop in for me!

has there ever been a serious "breakout" of MRSA anywhere? Growning up in school, all i remember was bomb threats, and one time, they had to check everyone for Lice, which was back in elementary school for me.

Wonder how many people in MI have contracted MRSA in the last 2 months?

has there ever been a serious "breakout" of MRSA anywhere? Growning up in school, all i remember was bomb threats, and one time, they had to check everyone for Lice, which was back in elementary school for me.

Wonder how many people in MI have contracted MRSA in the last 2 months?

To my knowledge, the biggest outbreak of staph infection is in Arizona with several other states in the running.

University of Kentucky has shifted multiple resources to MRSA research.

We've been aware of MRSA in the medical community for quite a while. It's interesting that it's just now becoming such a craze in the mainstream press.

We've been aware of MRSA in the medical community for quite a while. It's interesting that it's just now becoming such a craze in the mainstream press.

that's what I've been wondering... people are acting like its the plague. this things been around since the fricken 60's

What would be nuts would be if it became resistant to vancomycin anytime in the near future. Then it would time to raise the pucker factor a little bit.

Media in the U.S..... implement fear, baby!

And yes, if it were ever immune to vancomycin (sp?) that would be extremely bad.... like I said, MRSA is a relatively routine term with me, with my fiancee having Cystic Fibrosis.

Well..

This makes me feel gross.

Last year I had a 'boil' from the glove rubbing on my thumb. They were new.

Since it was hurting, in the middle of a game, I BIT the boil off and put my glove back on.

Upon further consideration that was probably not so wise. It did not become infected though.

I've also had a few cuts, and I don't wash my stuff out that often.

Perhaps I'm just.. lucky.

P.S.

My stuff is getting a washing tonight. This thread..

that's what I've been wondering... people are acting like its the plague. this things been around since the fricken 60's

Yes, it has existed, but its frequency of infecting people hasn't been this high. Every school around here is sending out flyers and giving them to students, as well as athletic programs. I don't think that is just from the "media" trying to implement fear on us.

Yes, it has existed, but its frequency of infecting people hasn't been this high. Every school around here is sending out flyers and giving them to students, as well as athletic programs. I don't think that is just from the "media" trying to implement fear on us.

yeah, but how do you avoid it? do the same shit your were told before... wash your hands wash your gear.

Will washing your gear get rid of the bacteria or do you need to take it to one of those sanitary-wash places?

well, one of the ozone machines would probably kill it... ozone kills nearly anything, but dont take my word for that.

However, washing your gear and getting rid of the sweat, dead skin, and whatever other goodies bacteria feed on would reduce some risk. i mean, its taking away its source of food.