Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DCott

Labeda Gripper Durometer

while they never gave them out per se on their sales lists and catalogs...they used to be listed as 78/81/83, which considering how well they gripped...was a good reason so people didn't freak out

We have an almost fanatic following for the Grippers around here, which is well deserved since they provide better grip than the "high-end wheels" in many peoples opinion.

We have an almost fanatic following for the Grippers around here, which is well deserved since they provide better grip than the "high-end wheels" in many peoples opinion.

I agree that the grip is superb. I play in a "Rink Rat" league so most people don't even want to hear about anything else. I love the old school white Grippers.

I agree that the grip is superb. I play in a "Rink Rat" league so most people don't even want to hear about anything else. I love the old school white Grippers.

i got old school neon yellow ones. i love em.

I use dynasties and i have to say that the new dynasties arnt as good as the old dynasties. My old ones were x soft and lasted 1.5 seasons (still have them as back-ups), my new ones lasted 1 season and are all starting to break ( i weigh less now on the new ones then when i did on the old ones!!) crazy

Maybe ill try the grippers next

is labeda's grip rating consistent throughout all their models? I am currently using genesises (x-soft) and they are too grippy. Should I go for the white grippers?

is labeda's grip rating consistent throughout all their models? I am currently using genesises (x-soft) and they are too grippy. Should I go for the white grippers?

This is a good guide I got from Roller Hockey Monkey. I am 6'2 and 205 and use the white or "soft" wheels which are usually 76A durometer. You can mix and match your durometers also too increase speed, grip etc..

74A

X-Soft

Under 150 lbs

Extra Gripping Power.

Not recommended for Large Players

76A

Soft

150-170 lbs

Still Grippy but with more speed

than an X-Soft Wheel

78A

Medium

160-190 lbs

Better for slightly larger players wanting Grip

without a major reduction in speed

80A

Hard

Over 190 lbs

Faster Speeds with Lower Gripping Power.

Sounds about right, personally I have never used normal grippers, but I have gripper lights x-soft, and love them :P

I use the soft (clear orange) Millenium Grippers and love them.

The purple x-soft (clear purple) dont last nearly as long at my weight, and when I spent the exrta bucks on Dynastys they didnt even last a season for me.

I used the solid white ones years ago until I got turned on to the Milleniums, they were always adequate.