Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lufria

Torhs 2008 Nationals

Thanks buddy, i keep hearing way to many stories about it. I know the guy that runs the Taylor Sports Plex is giving TORHS a giant deal on the rink, and that's why it's been there for the last 3 years. (i think it's 3)

Issue is, at least in mens teams, is the lower divisions can't even get 4 solid teams together. They actually called the rink i work at (Rochester MI area) to see if any qualified players were there.

i've heard from a pretty good source that Torhs nationals will most likely be in Buffalo this year.

After much speculation and debate, TORHS America is so very proud to announce that the 2008 TORHS Nationals will be held at the Pepsi Center in beautiful Buffalo-Niagara, NY July 4th- July 12th.

The Pepsi Center, home to the long-time TORHS competitive organization Buffalo Wings, is centrally located to a number of attractions in the Buffalo area including Niagara Falls. The rink is just minutes away from great accommodations, restaurants, and the Buffalo/Niagara Airport. The Pepsi Center boasts 4 sheets/floors, ample locker-rooms, full PRO-Shop, and a full restaurant that overlooks the main “Feature-Rink”. TORHS took great measures in picking this year’s Nationals location as the year also marks TORHS’s 10th Anniversary. “We are excited about this announcement and hope that all of our teams and supporters share in our enthusiasm,” said N. Rodgers; National Tournament Director with TORHS America, “this will be one of our most exciting Nationals ever; not to mention best Seasons to date.”

As TORHS soars into its Diamond Anniversary it brings some significant changes in the company, including new ownership. “I and Greg (Gawrys) both will be striving to revitalize the TORHS brand into an exciting fun to play tournament series”, explained TORHS Co-owner, and long time inline hockey mainstay, Ron Beilsten. Another main priority for the new owners as Ron puts it is “striving to be the leader in the industry in customer service”.

Teams from across the country will find themselves enjoying the buzz and atmosphere of the Buffalo area, where all players, families, friends and fans are bound to find something to hold their interests and attentions in between all the exciting TORHS hockey from our youth divisions all the way through the hard-hitting exciting action of the PRO Divisions. TORHS National Tournament Director George Brown had this to say when asked about the decision to host the Nationals in his own hometown location; “When it comes to finding a location for an event as big as this year’s TORHS Nationals will be; you have to find a city you trust will get the job done for TORHS players, coaches, and families. The Trust I have in the Buffalo Niagara Region is a trust that exceeds any city we have gone to in recent history. I’m in love with this area, and by the time you’re done taking in the food, the entertainment, the sights, and most importantly - the HOCKEY – you’ll want to come back again and again.” George whimsically concludes, “P.S. NO, you cannot stay at my house. SEE YOU IN BUFFALO!!”

taken off of the torhs website

Are they actually going to use an Olympic size rink for roller, that could be the most boring game(s) ever.

Also I don't think there is air conditioning in the main rink they typically use for inline during the summer as it was always hot as heck when we hosted regional there for NARCh.

that being said, summer in buffalo is fun (bars stay open til 4AM) but I'm curious to see how many players get nabbed at the border or miss games after getting caught at a bridge (nearly happened to us in '99 @ the Regional)

Gawrys and Ron know the sport though, and well if anyone is going to save that group (10 years..jesus) its those 2

Appreciate the help guys. If anyone else is going to be at that qualifier in Feburary at Total Roller Hockey in Michigan, let me know. I'll be there.

I think that will be the watershed test for TORHS, being that more than 40% of its teams in the past @ Finals were local and nearly 75% within a days drive of the location...if people in MI aren't going to drive 4-6 hours to get there, it could be a very sparsely attended event even for them..

I already know all the MPH teams from 12 and up are going to be attending. They were banking on it either being in Taylor or somewhere close on the East Coast. I'm from Rochester MI, and it's only about a 5 hour drive from me.

That being said, i'll be putting my silver team in. I sure hope there is a decent turnout. What Roller clubs are around Buffalo NY?

EDIT: MPH = Michigan Performance Hockey

I already know all the MPH teams from 12 and up are going to be attending. They were banking on it either being in Taylor or somewhere close on the East Coast. I'm from Rochester MI, and it's only about a 5 hour drive from me.

That being said, i'll be putting my silver team in. I sure hope there is a decent turnout. What Roller clubs are around Buffalo NY?

EDIT: MPH = Michigan Performance Hockey

RBK Buffalo Wings.

You will probably see a lot of teams from the Pittsburgh area like the Tour Bandits, Mission Fusion, and Hotshots Inferno. I might try and get some of my friends together and play in one of the lower adult divisions.

I know it's a bit off topic, but i just got word from NRL that the regional at Total Roller in Michigan between Feb 22-24 has been canceled. Guess we'll have to go to Dumars....

Don't mean to advertise, but that regional i was talking about got moved to my rink, The Skate Zone. Same weekend, about an hour from the Total Roller building it was going to be in.