Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dnoboy

"Stick weight may vary depending on flex"

I've noticed on Icewarehouse.com they have this in some of the OPS descriptions. Is this because they have to make a tighter weave for a stiffer stick? Would that mean a Stiffer stick would weigh more? Sorry if this has been discussed but I couldnt find anything on here.

They're covering their asses because some people complain when a stick that is supposed to be 305 grams is 310 grams.

Stick weight is going to vary but moreso with the pattern you chose then anything. Of course the weaves and epoxies can change the weight, we're talking grams. A piece of hockey tape that's 2" long probably weighs a gram.

Yes, I give them credit for adding that little tidbit but I bet it gets them a lot of questions from the weightfags that go "omg how many grams is that going to add??!!? I'll have to develop muscles!!!"

I recall Justin posting some numbers on the L2 (I think) and the 100 he measured was actually a few grams lighter than the 85.

Yeah, I remember there was actually added (though minute) weight to a stiffer shaft. I'm sure it'll start making kids on this board freak-out if they use something>100 flex.

It's not going to be a lot. You should expect the stick to be off 10-15 grams off of the listed weight. It happens. To make a point I weighed my tape job and it came in at like 32 grams or something like that.

Edit: Might be lighter than that. I just pulled off some tape from my blade earlier. It weighs in at 16 grams for just the tape on the blade.

Yeah I'm not concerned about it personally. I'm just curious as I've become obsessed with knowing everything about gear.

Yeah I'm not concerned about it personally. I'm just curious as I've become obsessed with knowing everything about gear.

Obsession of any kind isn't healthy

not a OPS, but i notice that my 77flex one90 shaft is much more blade heavy with a one90 blade than my 87flex....I cut the 77 so that it is a 92 and the 87 is a 105 or something...i don't know how much that effects it.

Obsession of any kind isn't healthy

Ya you're probably right. I'm playing with the idea of opening up a shop. So there is at least some method to my madness.

My favorites are those who buy sticks based on a 5-10 gram difference. I don't think, with an object that size, that the body is able to actually differentiate a weight that close.

Oh well, if someone snaps a 425 g after passing on a 440 g Synergy ST or something, it's not my problem. :P