Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jordan6969

Prostock Stealth

I recently got a broken prostock stealth from a calgary flames prospect camp and its broken about 5 inches above the hosel. The way i see it is that I have 2 options, to cut it out flat and buy a slightly oversized plug. Or to bring it to a guy that repairs composite shafts and cut it slightly at the top.

Yeah they have tapered handles but I don't see much ressale value in that stick but its almost broken high enough so I reguler blades might be usable.

I thought that there was a different fusing process where a tapered blade would be able to fit into a different spot. I was assuming higher because you can't really go much lower.

yeah im not really sure where the tapered part is but thers one at the top and im pretty sure the tapered point isnt higher. O yeah and i forgot to mention that the guy can fix broken shafts or one piece composites

yeah im not really sure where the tapered part is but thers one at the top and im pretty sure the tapered point isnt higher. O yeah and i forgot to mention that the guy can fix broken shafts or one piece composites

You can't fix a shaft or OPS and have it perform well, if at all.

Well you would be surprised to see what the repair could do cause there have been many people with the repair including a friends z-bubble grip. I asked him about it and he says that it felt no different then before and it actually held up and didnt break after.

yeah and isnt the stealth saposed to have the longest taper on any OPS? (eastons description) soooo check it out, maybe a tapered blade could still work?

Well if i used it as i shaft i would most likely flip it since the taper is perfect on the top and see if a plug fits or shave it down if it doesnt.

Since you lost so much of the shaft, the only thing it's worth is the "coolness" factor. Flipping it just kills any remaining performance gains.

The coolness factor translates to a pretty good deal for you on eBay from little kids.

Good call. I'm sure it'll fetch you a nice chunk of change if you put it up there.

My M-1 was repaired and I haven't noticed any performance change. It was broken higher up maybe 5 inches below the butt end so it didn't effect the taper. All it did was add a bulge and add some extra weight. Seems like it may have stiffened up the shaft as well. I believe the man who fixed up the shaft works with Kevlar and was able to patch it over with that, he has made shafts and is currently working on making me a custom OPS.

My M-1 was repaired and I haven't noticed any performance change. It was broken higher up maybe 5 inches below the butt end so it didn't effect the taper. All it did was add a bulge and add some extra weight. Seems like it may have stiffened up the shaft as well. I believe the man who fixed up the shaft works with Kevlar and was able to patch it over with that, he has made shafts and is currently working on making me a custom OPS.

Yeah, Mr. Delaharpe, he's getting pretty good at making them to. LoL he makes Alex use them for summer hockey, but Alex said he's liked the last couple. He made a goalie stick that can be compared to any high end stick. He better make me one. :D

Edit: He's stuck on what to call it.

Does he make custom graphite blades?

I'm sure he will eventually but he wants to perfect the one piece and shafts first.

Okay, but just let me know when he decides to give it a go.

Does he make custom graphite blades?

I'm sure he will eventually but he wants to perfect the one piece and shafts first.

Okay, but just let me know when he decides to give it a go.

Okay, he might have already, I don't talk to him much during the summer.