Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stealth87

mission skate size help please!

hey people!

first of all im a newbie to the forum so hello!!

im back playin hockey after a 3-4year break!! ive bin playin hockey for about 7 years on and off.

basically im gona order some mission wicked 3s or 5s, but am slightly unsure of the size to order. im a size UK 7 / (US 8) in trainers, so what size skate should i order? iv read mission are basically like for like in terms of trainers and skates, but ive heard some stuff about how most people have bought them half a size or even a size smaller than the like for like thing.

if anyone could help that would be excellent!!

ps, would the 3s be overkill, for someone who plays once or twice a week? or would the 5s be substantial? also..another dumb one, are the wicked 5s stiffer then the assasins?

Hello, and welcome.

Missions are supposed to run true to U.S. shoe size, meaning you would want an 8. Go to your Local Hockey Shop (L.H.S.) to try them on for the perfect fit. Try on any Mission's until you find your size then order them online (Only missions run on their shoe sizing chart, so be aware of trying on some Bauers and thinking you are a 6.5).

I don't know how many stores you have in your area to cater to roller hockey, but if the answer is zero, what I would do is order an 8; if you have to return them you can.

Good Luck

Missions DO NOT run true to shoe in most cases. They are about a half size off from Bauers, IE: an 8 Bauer fits me, and 8.5 Missions fit me in a size 10 skate shoe. My work shoes and gym shoes run a 9.5, so there's still a full size down.

The 3's are very very stiff and quite uncomfortable to break in, particularly if you're only skating a couple times a week. The 5's are a big improvement in the comfort dept, and are plenty stiff.

I agree with sdcopp, I wear a 11.5 shoe and a 10.5 Mission Boss. I also wear a 10 in CCM/RBK so my sizing is right in line with his. I would go a size down from your actual shoe size.

Yeah I wear an 11.5 shoe and took an 11 in the wicked 3 and when it broke in finally the skate was too big, now I have a 10 in the wicked 1 and its a perfect fit. <- Crazy as that sounds. :lol:

08 skates go down 1-1.5 sizes from shoe and 07 go down a full size from show. any skate will be especially tight when new since all the materials have yet to work in to your foot. ALWAYS take out the insole and stand on it, so you will have a better idea of where your feet line up. if it feels perfect out of the box... it's too big!

I'd concur with most here. I'm a 10.5 shoe and a size 9 was just a bit snug (which I like), and I skate barefoot, so if I had bought Missions they would have been 9s. You should, if possible, try them on at a store though, fitment, from experiences have really been based on personal preferences.

best to go to the LHS to get it done. I'm a size 10.5 in Nike sneakers (snug fit) and a size:

Bauer 8.5

Nike 9

Mission 9.5 in previous years models, 9 in this year's model

Easton 8.5

i love my Wicked 5's. if your under 200lbs (not sure what stone that is for you UK fellas) than stick with the 5 as its stiff enough for my feet and im about 202lbs. the 3's might prove to be a bit too stiff.

im about a 12.5US (usually buy sz13US shoes) and can fit fine in a Mission sz12 with my toes just touching the front when im sitting down, and a Mission sz13 fits fine as well, just have a touch more room on the toes. and I usually go EE width and they're still snug.

I agree with sdcopp, I wear a 11.5 shoe and a 10.5 Mission Boss. I also wear a 10 in CCM/RBK so my sizing is right in line with his. I would go a size down from your actual shoe size.

This man speaks the truth :) My exact experience (down to the same shoe size)

Don't forget the width. Mission skates are a good deal thinner than Rbk and CCM. I have hideously wide and deformed feet (don't ask) and I wore sz.7.5EE Wicked 5 skate before going to sz.7D Rbk. The Wickeds started feeling like they were cutting into my feet for a while before I went to the Rbk's.

Also for the record, I wear a sz. 8 shoe(US).

hey people!went to my lhs on thursday..and after telling the owner to order me some wicked 3 and 5s for comparison, a single pair of wicked 7s awaited me. o dear! i tried them on anyways to see how they fit, and to be honest, was quite impressed with how light they were for a skate at the bottom of the wicked range. however i decided to hold out for the ones i ordered to make my mind up!! i dont know if its just me, but are mission skates narrower than others?

ps i may look into geting some assasins. not sure yet tho. since ive heard good things about the wickeds (after the break in of course!)