Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DarkStar50

ONE95 Skates, size 6

Is it worth paying the extra 250 for the 95s over the 90s are they that much better. becouse if so Im gona trade my knew 90s in for 95s but money is tight. Also are they going to be out on time. I like my old 90s no real problems beside the holders.

Is it worth paying the extra 250 for the 95s over the 90s are they that much better. becouse if so Im gona trade my knew 90s in for 95s but money is tight. Also are they going to be out on time. I like my old 90s no real problems beside the holders.

If you have no real problems with your One90's and money is tight then why even consider getting the One95's? Don't get caught up in the hype and talk yourslef into something you don't need. They'll be there for you when your One90's wear out.

Cool apreciate the advice thats what i was thinking. heard same basic boot just a couple of little tweaks but what do i know.

Cool apreciate the advice thats what i was thinking. heard same basic boot just a couple of little tweaks but what do i know.

Nope, not true

Darkstar, do you work for bauer?

No.

They do, they lost their account. That simple.

Yeah, ok. Lets see Graf, or any company for that matter, drop a big account because some local joe wants to sell at MSRP. Not gonna happen, economics dont work that way.

Hockey gear,guitars,watches, all the same business principles apply. Its all about the dollar from the manufacturers position, and in reality, as long as the business has paid for the merchandise and its not on terms or floor plan, its their right to sell it for whatever they want to, legally. If they are a big enough customer, there is no risk of being cutoff.

And therein lies the problem.

The rule is that you cannot advertise it lower than a certain price. It is the contract you sign when you open an account. They can pull your account - I know the account that Drew's talking about :) :-/

Oh, of course you cant advertise below MAP, but you can sell it for whatever you want, no?

Shawn

Yes and no.

Graf will say that the price you put on the wall in your store is an advertisement.

For example - I sold ONE90s cheaper than all of the stores in the area by like $30. Took the margin hit, but figured that we'd move them quickly. We didn't.

The reason why they are doing this is to not devalue their product, and everyone can make decent margin without having to bitch about online pricing.

If a store has the ONE95s much cheaper, the rep will fight like hell to raise it. It won't be an issue once LHSs realize that they will be directly competing against online. What I don't understand is why a LHS would want to sell them cheaper anyway? Obv they aren't getting max discount. Why pay more for a skate than your online competitor, and take less margin on it by selling it cheaper? Never understood that one.

JR

I'm not sure if this is the right thread about this But...Another fit question.

I've alway fit well into the Supreme line. I tried on the 90's and the 70's 2 years ago and went with the 70's because of fit.

IYO Will the 95 fit me?

Andrew

Yes, they can ship them with holders unassembled. In Drew's custom order, he wants to go with PITCH3 on them, and since C+ has the same drill pattern, not to mention that you need a really clean drill bit to drill through the new insole (NBH changed drillbits and upped the RPM on their drills) I'll just remove and put PITCH3 on them when they ship to me.

like would they ship custom with holes drilled for a roller chassis? say like for sprungs

Yeah, I'm sure they have Sprungs in the NBH Proshop... :rolleyes:

Guys, this is Peter's thread. THere is a HUGE thread on ONE95 skates already, direct your questions there.

Guys, this is Peter's thread. THere is a HUGE thread on ONE95 skates already, direct your questions there.

Thank you...DS50 and JR...how have the skates felt? Details, details, details! Rumor has it that the Alive material is a carbon material. I am curious to know if it is in fact carbon, and how the thermoforming properties of the outer quarter panel makes the boot feel when you are skating in it.

This is the tester pair I have been on for over 2 weeks. These skates are like a Vapor padded interior fit with a Supreme last. I leave the laces very loose, as in the front view picture, because the skates give so much support.

s_43778198.jpg

s_35708283.jpg

s_80018322.jpg

You wanna sell them when you're done!!? =) Perfect size for me!!

I had a major problem with my One90's a while back. On the inside of your foot there is a bone that sticks out a little bit and when I started to wear mine, that particular bone became so inflamed and painful that I actually called bauer and they gave me a pair of Vapor XXX's instead. They did not stop to clarify my problem but I'm wondering if the One95 could even be an option for me because I am in the market for a new pair of skates.

I had a major problem with my One90's a while back. On the inside of your foot there is a bone that sticks out a little bit and when I started to wear mine, that particular bone became so inflamed and painful that I actually called bauer and they gave me a pair of Vapor XXX's instead. They did not stop to clarify my problem but I'm wondering if the One95 could even be an option for me because I am in the market for a new pair of skates.

Are you referring to the Navicular bone? Look at this image - the navicular bone is a little SW of where it says "Tarsus"

Gray268.png

kroq,

You are not the first guy to ask me to sell them to him! And, no, they are not for sale. Sorry.

flyguy,

If the XXX fits, why switch skates?

Thank you...DS50 and JR...how have the skates felt? Details, details, details! Rumor has it that the Alive material is a carbon material. I am curious to know if it is in fact carbon, and how the thermoforming properties of the outer quarter panel makes the boot feel when you are skating in it.

As JR has mentioned, when NBH offers the opportunity to test-drive skates, there is an obligation to record your on-ice sessions with the skates. This product evaluation is spelled out in the NBH Skate Evaluation Book that comes with the skates. There is an Initial Fit question section that involves the first time with the skates before you go on ice. The next section is the Short Term Evaluation that consists of 5 on-ice sessions. This will be my thoughts after the Short Term Evaluation.

After 5 sessions on-ice totaling 5 hours, 15 minutes, I find the ONE95 to raise the bar in performance from the ONE90. While the ONE90 gave me maximum fit with the negative space concept, the ONE95 has added another gear in performance.

In the first session, the skate simply took off from under me in a very positive way. All effort in stride and C cuts just generated energy and speed through the boot to the blade to the ice. When I first saw how stiff the boot was, I had reservations about performance translation. However, the stiffness was a positive benefit, not a negative.

In the first 20 minutes, the boots were comfortable and snug around my foot. The fit reminded me of the pre-ONE90 traditional Supreme boot. The boot also had a bit of the Vapor feel in the ankle area with more padding than the ONE90. This is a plus as there is more padding to shape the boot in the ankle area. I spent the 45 minute session working on skating backwards and doing figure 8s in the face-off circles. I finished with 10 minutes of hot laps around the rink along the wall. In all the elements, the ONE95 responded with success.

I used the skates the following night in a game. The transition straight into a game with these skates was easy. I leave the laces very loose as there is so much support built into this boot that there is no reason to ratchet down on the laces. With that system, my foot is able to breathe and never gets pinched inside the boot by the boot. The in-game response of the ONE95 was great. As a defenceman, the boots were reactive to the transition out of backwards skating to forward skating with no problem. It was easy to lean in hard on an edge at at an acute angle and know the skate would perform everything asked of it. The game was a 90 minute session of ice.

My practice sessions are 45 minutes of ice to myself. It is one of the perks of working in a rink when the ice is there waiting for public session skaters. I get the fresh sheet and just work on the skates along the wall end-to-end. The ONE95 continued to settle in around my foot during these sessions.

The second game was the difference maker. Suddenly, in this game, the skates became more dynamic. There was more energy as the boot responded at another level. The ONE95 seemed to provide an over-drive gear on-ice that was a surprise. It was a matter of asking the skate to do more and it did. Each shift the skate seemed to amp up more. This was something that wasn't there in the first game. It was an interesting feeling!

I am now into the Long Term Evaluation of the ONE95. I had another game on Friday. The skates continued to move forward in performance, comfort, and fit.

The LS2.1 Power steel is A-OK by me. The blade profile out of the box was excellent. I immediately felt comfortable on the ice with the steel. That was a huge benefit in getting straight to the feel of the boots knowing that the steel set-up was perfect.

When you first are able to see the ONE95 in person, it will be a bit of a "shocker"(Inside joke for lurking NBHers). It may be hard to understand how a boot so stiff can perform on-ice. After my first few laps on-ice, I didn't need to ask that question anymore. The ONE95 was answering it very quickly.

This past Thursday, I was also running a test on-ice with my ONE90s and the ONE95. In three weeks, my feet had gotten so used to the fit of the ONE95, that it was hard to keep the ONE90s on! That was a surprise.

My navicular bone dug into the inside of my One90s as well. A ball press on a hot boot will push that out. Now all you have to worry about are the "bauer bumps" forming on your heels.

My navicular bone dug into the inside of my One90s as well. A ball press on a hot boot will push that out. Now all you have to worry about are the "bauer bumps" forming on your heels.

Ugh...you mean Haglund's deformity? I just had that surgically removed when I had my subtalar MBA implant surgery 7 weeks ago and so far my heel is killing me. :(

I didn't have it on my left foot though, thankfully and I have been in Bauer since I started playing almost 20 years ago.

Darkstar - thank you very much for your update - keep 'em coming! :)

Well I didn't make up the name "bauer bump". It is called that for a reason. I developed them in half a season when I had Vapor 20's. If you have a narrow heel and wear a vapor, you can count on them. If you have a foot that fills up the massive bucket of a heel, then maybe you won't get them. Everyone is different.

Well I didn't make up the name "bauer bump". It is called that for a reason. I developed them in half a season when I had Vapor 20's. If you have a narrow heel and wear a vapor, you can count on them. If you have a foot that fills up the massive bucket of a heel, then maybe you won't get them. Everyone is different.

Why is a Graf pro in Bauers anyway?

Fletch yes it was the Navicular. I had a severe problem with it and it was the most painful thing I have ever played with. I've broken bones, gotten hit in the skate with some of the hardest slappers I've seen but I could not go on any longer skating in them. I loved the skates and the lightness of the skates but if I am getting a custom built skate then why not correct the problem if I loved the skates. Could bauer make adjustments for that or what?

Why is a Graf pro in Bauers anyway?

Well I did play hockey before I worked here. My dad didn't know I would some day work here when he bought me my Tacks in pee wee, either. Do I need to go on?

Fletch yes it was the Navicular. I had a severe problem with it and it was the most painful thing I have ever played with. I've broken bones, gotten hit in the skate with some of the hardest slappers I've seen but I could not go on any longer skating in them. I loved the skates and the lightness of the skates but if I am getting a custom built skate then why not correct the problem if I loved the skates. Could bauer make adjustments for that or what?

I said heat up the one90 and press a small pocket for that bone. It worked perfectly on mine.