Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MissConduct

Itech FX-50 vrs Bauer Tru-Vision

Ok, I have the Bauer Tru-Vision right now on my carbster, and altho it's not too bad I would like to try the Itech FX-50 ONLY because I have tried the clear visor before but only problem I had was the fogging. Now I read this about the Itech FX-50:

1) Optically superior spherical lens with anti-fog coating (do you still need spray?)

2) "Ghost Wire" feature virtually invisible to line of sight (Same as truvision)

3) "Nose cut" lens for improved breathe ability (Helps anti-foging?)

now has anyone tried both or at least tried the FX-50? Can you tell me if it fogs without spray? Pretty annoying if you have to spray the shield all the time.. :(

any help is greatly appreciated!!

thanks

Michelle

I have used the FX-50 for a couple years now and it has never fogged up on me. I dont even notice the wire part of the cage. In my opinion its awesome.

I have used the FX-50 for a couple years now and it has never fogged up on me. I dont even notice the wire part of the cage. In my opinion its awesome.

thanks very much :)

mich

I've used both, and IMO they are both offer good visability. Like #1STUD said, I never had problems with the FX-50 fogging up, just the cage part started to rust up a bit, but that's usual after the length of time I had it on.

I've used both, and IMO they are both offer good visability. Like #1STUD said, I never had problems with the FX-50 fogging up, just the cage part started to rust up a bit, but that's usual after the length of time I had it on.

Ok my eye site is not 20/20.. what would you recommend most? :)

m

I've used the FX-50 for a few years now, and I really like it - the visibilty is excellent - barely notice the cage. However, I find that the visor scratches really easily, and sometimes it can fog up, although this is only when I play roller. I tend to use the visor inserts in rotation, to avoid completely wrecking them!

I used the Optech system for a little bit last season, and I have to say that I hated it. The damn visors scratch so unbelievably easy it amazed me. The chin cup is terrible (I took one off of my very old 1-Xcel mask and used that instead). But my biggest problem was the clip on the front of the helmet that was supposed to keep it in place. Everytime I took a decent shot to the chin, the top wire would pop out of the clip. Cost me a couple stitches just above my eye at one point early in the year (but that got me some extra attention from all females at school, so I guess it wasn't all bad). Needless to say I went out that night after I was all threaded up and bought a cage - the TruVision. I can't say that I have had any complaints about it.

Michelle-- The optics on the FX.50 are pretty good, the bubble-shaped visor part helps cut down on distortion, especially in your peripheral vision. The "ghost wire" is the name for the double-bar in the bottom-front part of the cage--when you hold the cage up to your face, you really can't see the front wire unless you focus directly on it (hence the "ghost" name) and with the bars positioned like that, the rest of the bars don't get in your vision as much either. As for the nose-cut, it depends on how the mask lines up with your face. It's designed to have the bottom of the shield above your nose and away from your breathing. Overall fogging depends on the rink conditions and your breathing, too. It might fog up, fog spray wouldn't be a bad thing to have on hand. As was mentioned, the shields do scratch pretty easily.

Tiger-- When the FX.50s first came out, there was a recall on them because of the very part you're talking about. There was too much play in between the bar right below the top one and the clip that holds the mask on the helmet. Could be you got a mask that wasn't sent back, or it could be that your mounting clip isn't on the helmet correctly.