Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Andoy

UEFA Champions League Semis

Scholes and Keane didn't play in the Final in 1999. Both were suspended for yellow cards in the semifinal. Schmeichel wore the armband in place of Keane.

But the guy said since 99.

Also, Roy Keane, scumbag of the world. There is no professional athlete I hate more than that prick.

The FAI should never have let him back :angry::angry:

Allsmoke, tell us how you really feel! Even though he's had his boys play well enough to stay in the top flight.

On second thought, nevermind. Agreed. Keano is a prick.

And will Ibrahimovich finally get the taste of UCL glory? That's why he's brought in all the Russian Mafia money to make this team extraordinary. And even though he paid through the nose to let Mourinho walk, his team is in the Finals.

Phil

Avram Grant is the creepiest looking manager, seriously.

Surely you mean Roman Abramovich and not the temperamental striker who plays for Inter. ;)

I like Rafa... he's compassionate about the club, but disillusioned by the freaking owners approaching the falling German Klinsmann...

Rafa has done a lot for the club and has strengthened the depth of the squad. Look at their reserve & youth teams and you can see the impact that he has made to sign some potential stars. everyone needs to start somewhere... look at Gerrard when he first started, hot heading, two footed tackles and look at him now.

Torres, Babel, Nemith, Skrtel, Agger, Lucas... these are the names of tomorrow, but have already started to perform today.

I think once the board room debacle is settled, we should be in for a good season. All the better if DIC can pump in some serious $$$, so that we can have a better stadium, and have more funds to bring in the likes of some top players like Torres.

Agreed, Hicks needs to pick up his ball and go home. It's been nothing but trouble since the two took over. They need to hand the reins over to DIC and let it go.

Rafa has done a magnificent job keeping the players focused on football, and pulling out wins even with the office in turmoil.

I think you're right, I think we're in for a good next season.

And the Klinsmann fiasco was a joke, probably just a ploy to scare Rafa into results (not like he was phased by it.)

Rafa is just Rafa... get the job done, dont worry about all the crap that goes on.

Hicks had the cheek to go to the players locker room after the game... I think the boys would have given him a stand-offish reception... I know I would have. Nothing is worse than having someone who's intending to sell the club come and talk to the players. He should have stayed home in the US (no offence to the US brothers). He cant run the club like some sunday class, he needs to understand that some of the players wear their heart on their sleeves, and would bleed for the club. Look at Stevie G, Carra, Hyypia, even the beloved prodical son Fowler (my fav of all time besides Rush). All would have played with 101%.

Torres was quoted as saying that the supporters should not compare him to the great players like Dalglish... he said its only his first season, look again in 10 years time and see if they can classify him in the same league as King Kenny.

Roy Keane... basically ended someone's career with a nice tackle. Apparently it was intentional as well. watch the video, you can see how high he went into the tackle, and he expected the red card.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuxKrnTP-k

Cant believe that as captain of Ireland, he could just walk out on the team just a few weeks before the World Cup... POS in my opinion..

He admitted in his book that he did it on purpose. Of course the book was shadow written by Eamonn Dumphy, who covers football on RTE. Another massive wanker. He was the one who showed up to the studio to cover Ireland v Cameroon (Irelands first group game of the cup) drunk and wearing a cameroon jersey. Turncoat prick.

If Keane pumped all his money and time into the FAI and apologised for his actions scored in the final minute of extra time in a worldcup final and publicly burned a ManU shirt... Would he be forgiven?

Not by me. My brother is a Man U fan, so he already forgave him (there is only 15 months seperating my brother and I, we are opposites. He chose Man U as his team when he was 4, so I chose liverpool :lol: ).

What the pro-keane media report was all well and good, but what actually happened is he met for dinner with Beckham, Scholes and Neville, his Man U buddies, and saw their facilities compared to his. Now, I'm not saying he didn't have legit concerns, but the English FA is a multi-billion dollar corporation. The FAI (Irish equivalent) runs a league that is only semi-pro in it's own country. The bugets are vastly different.

Keane should have made his case after the world cup, there was nothing to be done then. But he had to leave the team in the lurch. Then, first game of the premier league next season, he elbowed Jason MacAteer (Irish player) in the head, because MacAteer said he shouldn't have walked out on the team.

Ireland lost to spain on penalties. They had a good team, he was one of the best, and certainly the hardest midfielder in the world at the time on top of his game.

And he gave his country the big F.U. because there were more bubbles in Beckhams jacuzzi.

Typing this, I realize I'm still very bitter :lol: .

Of course, he also fell out with Packie Bonnar, who is from Donegal (where I am from) and was a Celtic and Irish goalie for a long time, stopping the penalty against romania in 1990 to put Ireland through to the quarter finals in their first ever world cup. So I didn't like that either

not that I hate the ManUre players, just find them a little arrogant. most of the ManUre fans I know are like that as well... just a bunch of arrogant bastards...

only ManUre fans that I know who arent arrogant are the guys on my hockey team, and my dad. Everyone else... pricks.

Cant stand it when they keep rubbing it in during the game, oh we are so mighty, oh we are going to win.. and then once they lose they will blame the ref, the tunnel manager and even the groundskeeper for not putting that stray divot back in place during half time.

I know of this guy, who i believe would sell his own mother so that he could get laid. He's a wanker, and would be your best 'pal' until you are of no use to him. He can tell you about how the stars will align so that he can pay me my $4k he owes me, then disappears from the face of the earth. Happened to bump into him later on in a pub, and he basically just said that I was ignoring him... who??? me??? you owe me money and I'm ignoring YOU???

sorry for the rant... dislike all ManUre fans because of one bloody wanker...

Amazing game, too bad Liverpool wasn't there but Man U won so I'm ok with that.

Didnt realise you yanks were that into proper football!!

Yeah, even know what your avatar is from :rolleyes:

Seriously, Terry with the game on the line?

Officiating and the pitch were horrible.

Good to see Giggsy finish it off.

I thought Man U had blown it when Ronaldo missed his penalty.

Felt bad for Terry though, he did slip as he took it, and probably wouldnt have taken that penalty had Drogba not been sent off.

Definately nice to see Giggsy lift the cup (with Ferdinand).

I think John Terry is still crying.

And a good look for Drogba as he plays his final game for Chelsea. Hell of a talent (hit the woodwork in the second half with that turn around), but the biggest pompous ass on that team full of oversized egos.

Phil

That was a crazy shot.

It was a shame that the field was in such pisspoor shape, there wasn't that much flow to the game.

The officiating was absolutely horrible - I must admit, I feel for Joe Cole...three times they had the wrong call on him - he was going ballistic. Makelele was getting away with murder.

I remember baddiel and skinner on the fantasy football show used to always take the piss out of Lee

"he's got a pineapple, on his head"

Although I'm not a yank, so the proper football thing doesn't apply to me

I remember baddiel and skinner on the fantasy football show used to always take the piss out of Lee

"he's got a pineapple, on his head"

Although I'm not a yank, so the proper football thing doesn't apply to me

Lol he got quite abit of stick for that hair cut after that - all in good taste though

I'm not a huge soccer head, but I think the coolest tradition is Liverpool's "You'll Never Walk Alone" song. Just curious if fans of other teams really dog this song, or do they also respect it?

I've got a download of the Kop singing "You'll Never Walk Alone", and I listen to it before I play indoor soccer league... sends shivers down my spine, and really a huge boost to playing. 10 Goals in 3 Games this season already, so I dont I'm doing anything wrong.

One of the things on my to-do list is to be in the Kop... and be part of that tradition of singing that song to cheer the team on (as well as add to the profanities that no doubt come out from the same mouths).

I've got a download of the Kop singing "You'll Never Walk Alone", and I listen to it before I play indoor soccer league... sends shivers down my spine, and really a huge boost to playing. 10 Goals in 3 Games this season already, so I dont I'm doing anything wrong.

One of the things on my to-do list is to be in the Kop... and be part of that tradition of singing that song to cheer the team on (as well as add to the profanities that no doubt come out from the same mouths).

Apart from signing that, Liverpool fans are possibly the worst set of fans to look up to!

Apart from signing that, Liverpool fans are possibly the worst set of fans to look up to!

I thought that'd be Millwall?

I thought that'd be Millwall?

Not really, compared to the things that Liverpool fans have done over the years, they're a bunch of pussy cats.

I'm not a huge soccer head, but I think the coolest tradition is Liverpool's "You'll Never Walk Alone" song. Just curious if fans of other teams really dog this song, or do they also respect it?

Depends what you mean by 'dog' it?

Update...

Heard from an unnamed source that John Terry is indeed, STILL crying.

LOL

Well, Terry admittted he's not ashamed of crying. I dunno if i'd feel the same doing it in front of a packed house in Moscow, plus with about 40 million people watching on tv. And the open letter to the Chelsea faithful, classy!

He needs a support group. Maybe someone should give him Roberto Baggio's number?

Phil