Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JR Boucicaut

2008 TPS Catalogue

I checked out some new R8's in store, and the Nash looks the same still... am I blind

I saw an R8 Nash blade and it looks slightly deeper than even before.

If you look at page 23 of the catalog, 061 (nash) is listed as 5/8 heel curve with a round toe. The 119 (bergeron) is again the sakic clone.

Deeper means bigger, Nash used to be a half inch curve, now it's a 5/8" curve.

Do you know why the new R8's and R4's are dual flex zone but the R6 and R2 is tri-flex? The weight corresponds with how they are listed though, the R8 being lightest and R2 being heaviest.

I thought the R8 would be second on the hierarchy.. and the R4/R2 placement just confuses me more.

Do you know why the new R8's and R4's are dual flex zone but the R6 and R2 is tri-flex? The weight corresponds with how they are listed though, the R8 being lightest and R2 being heaviest.

I thought the R8 would be second on the hierarchy.. and the R4/R2 placement just confuses me more.

Honestly I have no idea why they did that. The quick answer with TPS is the higher the number, the better the stick. Just because the R6 has three flex zones doesn't mean it's better than the R8, just that they used a different construction method to make the stick.

Yeah I would go with the number hierarchy, though it's just plain odd. They could have made the R8 triflex as well and left the price point sticks dual.

I used to use the old Tucker curve from the first responses. Anybody know what the equivalent is now???

It became the Perry

Been playing phone tag with the rep for a couple weeks but finally got in touch today. If you like the look of the new XN10, there's some stuff coming this fall that you might like.

Where's a good place to find a good TPS selection. I like the Perry curve, but I can't seem to find anyplace to buy it. Help! Please!

OPS or blade? High end or cheap?

Where's a good place to find a good TPS selection. I like the Perry curve, but I can't seem to find anyplace to buy it. Help! Please!

OPS or blade? High end or cheap?

Anything...A OPS would be nice or a blade. Just looking for the Perry curve.

The R10, R6, and R2 are either new, or redesigned for this year. The all have the "PTC" OR POWER TRANSFER CHANNEL. That is the little indent at the top of the blade/hosel. this reduces torque on the blade. These models are being done with the Tri Flex Zone. They are done in this order of the catalog due to all being the PTC, you then get to the traditional styles, R8, R6, R1. these are all the same construction as last year. They are then pictured to keep them together in the catalog.

The 3 flex zone is nice, as is the PTC. i've been using the R10, Nash Left Hand, Stiff for about 5 months and have been very pleased.

Quality, Value, and Price of the stick do go down as the model numbers go down. R10 being most expensive with most bells ans whistles, to the R1 being the very budget friendly and the heaviest!

Anyone know if the R8 one piece can be turned into a shaft by heating and pulling the blade? Looking at the stick it seems like it should be able to be heated and pulled, but I was wondering if anyone had actually tried it.

Sign in to follow this