Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thehockeykid

Nike Bauer one95 with t-blades...pics included

i know.... i like to be different. The t-blades help me because i travel all of the time, and once when i was in Canada at the bell coupe, the guy COMPLETELY ruined my skates. I had to by new skates. The yellow laces, i dont really know. I have been wearing yellow laces my whole life, and dont really wanta switch, because i hate white laces.

But whatever. I am a size 5.... for 13 years old, i have mini feet

Not really, if memory serves me right Gionta wears a size 5-5.5 skate :)

i know.... i like to be different. The t-blades help me because i travel all of the time, and once when i was in Canada at the bell coupe, the guy COMPLETELY ruined my skates. I had to by new skates. The yellow laces, i dont really know. I have been wearing yellow laces my whole life, and dont really wanta switch, because i hate white laces.

Not really, if memory serves me right Gionta wears a size 5-5.5 skate :)

Gionta wore size 5 XXXs. I remember because it made me feel better knowing there was at least one NHLer with smaller feet than me.

He ruined the runner

The skates look a lot better in person

Runners are usually replaceable. no need to buy a brand new pair of skates because somebody messed up the runner. What am i missing?

Were you skating in Vapor VIs or something?

it is quite simple. you're missing that he is tired of getting horrible sharpenings and he wanted new boots. rocket science.

He ruined the runner

The skates look a lot better in person

Runners are usually replaceable. no need to buy a brand new pair of skates because somebody messed up the runner. What am i missing?

Were you skating in Vapor VIs or something?

it is quite simple. you're missing that he is tired of getting horrible sharpenings and he wanted new boots. rocket science.

Right, I'm a moron, clearly.

if you see the skates in person.... they dont look that bad.... and on the ice they look sweet. The place i went to didnt have black tblades, so i got the white ones because on the ice all you see is the boot. Ive been wearing tblades for 3 years, and i kinda got used to them, so i dont think i would wear the regular tuuks because i think they would feel weird

I don't usually comment on superficial stuff like this, but those are just aweful -- I'd say a waste of your parent's money....unless, of course, you're the next Bobby Orr and already signed a pro contract.

When I was your age I skated in $99 Bauer 90s and considered myself incredibly lucky to have them and be able to play hockey with used gear. My current skates are Supreme 8090s I got for $129.

I know I sound like a self-righteous curmudgeon here, and I don't want to piss on your $400+ skate parade, but this level of excess in hockey gear at the youth level has gotten ridiculous. I'd hate to be the ones having to fork out $400 dollars ever year for skates for the next five years, esp. ones that fugly! Sorry, but you asked....

I don't usually comment on superficial stuff like this, but those are just aweful -- I'd say a waste of your parent's money....unless, of course, you're the next Bobby Orr and already signed a pro contract.

When I was your age I skated in $99 Bauer 90s and considered myself incredibly lucky to have them and be able to play hockey with used gear. My current skates are Supreme 8090s I got for $129.

I know I sound like a self-righteous curmudgeon here, and I don't want to piss on your $400+ skate parade, but this level of excess in hockey gear at the youth level has gotten ridiculous. I'd hate to be the ones having to fork out $400 dollars ever year for skates for the next five years, esp. ones that fugly! Sorry, but you asked....

I think that was well said, I had the air 90's as well if thats what you're talking about, I always looked at the middle of the rack, I understould it at an early age. It's like the parents who buy their 5 year old kids 100 dollar nike shoes, I mean hats off to your parents for being able to get their child what they want, I would like to be able to when I have kids but I understould the the ole mighty dollar as a kid. Lucky on 8090's by the way I'd love to find me some of those.

Were did you get your old skates sharpend at? I asume the toureny was in ottawa

As someone who rocks Grafs with yellow laces and black t'blades, I'm with ya, kid! That said, the t'blades are pretty much a necessity around here because every sharpening is an adventure.

People think they're ugly because they're used to the regular holder. While I'm not terribly fond of the look myself, if t'blades were the norm, everyone would think the regular holders were ugly.

My friend you just bought a Ferrari and equipped it with the wheels from a Ford Focus. <_<

HAH!!! :lol:

As someone who rocks Grafs with yellow laces and black t'blades, I'm with ya, kid! That said, the t'blades are pretty much a necessity around here because every sharpening is an adventure.

People think they're ugly because they're used to the regular holder. While I'm not terribly fond of the look myself, if t'blades were the norm, everyone would think the regular holders were ugly.

Nah...The t'blades are just fugly. and you should have never taken off the LS2.1 ...they are sick. Yellow laces are bad news.

I appreciate the logic, but as a friend of mine likes to say, "If my aunt had ***** she'd be my uncle". T-Blades are not the norm partially because they are pretty horrendous looking.

I appreciate the logic, but as a friend of mine likes to say, "If my aunt had ***** she'd be my uncle". T-Blades are not the norm partially because they are pretty horrendous looking.

i think tblades aren't the norm for these reasons (none of them have to do with looks):

1) tblades feel different and skating on them is different

2) many lhs's prefer not to sell them because it leads to more online buying (since you are not constantly going to the lhs for sharpenings)

3) they are loud on the ice

i think tblades aren't the norm for these reasons (none of them have to do with looks):

2) many lhs's prefer not to sell them because it leads to more online buying (since you are not constantly going to the lhs for sharpenings)

Hockey is functional, but to many it's fashion. The fact that so many people think TBlades are hideous shows it is a reason (albeit far from the most paramount one) that they aren't popular.

Hockey is functional, but to many it's fashion. The fact that so many people think TBlades are hideous shows it is a reason (albeit far from the most paramount one) that they aren't popular.

point taken. but also consider msh doesn't represent the average hockey player. msh'ers care more about looks than the average player.

point taken. but also consider msh doesn't represent the average hockey player. msh'ers care more about looks than the average player.

I agree

Hockey fashion police? Who cares?

To each his own...........

exactly how i feel.... everyone has their own wise as$... sharp remark.. I sit here and laugh at them.

I think this dudes One95's were awesome BEFORE the t'blades and yellow laces. As an owner of One95's, I feel I have to say that what he did to them is really dumb and a waste of money. Just my opinion though.

I think MSHers typically care more about performance than looks.

i'm not so convinced. i think everyone likes to think that so that don't seem vain. now i haven't been on this site long and im not here everyday, but isn't the "show off your gear" or whatever its titled the biggest thread?

I think this dudes One95's were awesome BEFORE the t'blades and yellow laces. As an owner of One95's, I feel I have to say that what he did to them is really dumb and a waste of money. Just my opinion though.

waste of money? thats a pretty narrow point of view. he bought good boots, pretty much everyone can agree on that. he added tblades because he likes tblades and yellow laces. you may not like tblades but they work for him. so you may think the skates are ugly but to say its dumb and a waste of money is a pretty thoughtless opinion.

I think MSHers typically care more about performance than looks.

i'm not so convinced. i think everyone likes to think that so that don't seem vain. now i haven't been on this site long and im not here everyday, but isn't the "show off your gear" or whatever its titled the biggest thread?

Just because we like to "show it off" doesn't mean that good looks is the main goal of the typical MSHer. I like the way the Synergy 300 looked, but theres no way in hell I'd use it.

Nice skates thehockeykid.Here in Germay you don`t can buy this skates but when they came out i will buy this set too.