Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fastbrother7

Mission NME Nine-1 skate

If a boot runs small that means you will wear a larger number size to make it fit. If a boot runs large you will wear a lower number. So, almost all hockey skates run large compared to standard shoes thus you wear a smaller skate size number than shoe size number. Missions have tended to run smaller than most brands, thus they fit closer to normal shoe size.

They felt great at first, but then the more I wore them, the more I developed a pain on the sides of my feet. Was too sore to even walk from locker room to ice. I switched back to my S15's.

Can Anyone with these skates for the past few months give an update?

I just got a pair yesterday and baked it today. Before they were baked, they were like canoes. The sides were pretty much vertical. Now they are a llittle more like normal skates. I might skate on them later tonight and will let you know how they feel.

I can give you some initial reactions:

-I was disappointed that they came with the hotbladez insert in the steel even though the picture shows them without.

-The sidewalls are kinda thick. They are about 1/4" thick whereas CCM and Bauers are about 1/8" thick. You can tell because of where the edge is (where the laces are). I don't know if this makes any sense or if it even matters but I thought I'd mention it.

-The outside of one of my feet did hurt when I was wearing them after being baked. Hopefully it doesn't happen when I skate in them.

-Tongue doesn't seem to be as hard as other skates (One95, XXXX, CCM U+).

-Tendon guard is a little flimsy.

-The toe cap has an "inverted hood scoop" that I never noticed in the pictures. You can definately feel it if you life your toes up. Not sure if this was designed to hold your toes down or something.

-They look very nice and are light.

I've been skating on Mission 95 XP, which I think are terrible, since my bauer One70's holder broke. I'll let you guys know how it compares. Let me know if you want pictures or anything.

*Oh I bought size 9's. My shoe size is a 10 and my 95 XP's are 9.5. Once they broke in they were a little roomy so I went with a 9. My toes touch the end but I think it will be alright once they break in.

the hotbladez are basically like the ccm rocket runners, except they are flush with the steel.

these skates are pretty decent, but are not quite as good as my one95's (in my opinion). like the previous poster said, out of the box they are awful, like a hollow brick, but as soon as you heat them up they conform perfectly.

i got these for free to demo, so in the end no matter how good or bad they are, its still a free set of wheels

I'm curious about the "hotbladez insert " can you post a pic of that?

Sure I'll do it a little later since I'm working now.

Just to update, I skated two games the night of my first post. First game felt great. A little pain on the outside of the foot but it went away pretty quickly. They were a little tough to get tight but still performed well. Much better than my 95 XP's and better than my One 70's. Then during my second game, I got a blister on the right arch of my foot, which then popped by the end of the game. I attribute this to my very flat foot and the fact that I didn't have the skate laced up that tightly. I've never had a problem with the arch/footbed of any of my other Mission skates but these seem to have more arch support. Strange that I didn't have any problems with the other foot though.

The toe cap was nice and roomy, and the size 9's fit fine. These are definately good skates. I've never worn xxxx or One95's so I can't compare. I have 3 games this weekend (if I can play) and will add more later.

*Something you might consider, I have no idea if you can get replacement steel for the Rush holder on these. I have the pitch holders from my old missions so I'll switch if needed. Might take that into consideration if you are thinking of buying.

Any further feedback on these guys? Also after a confirmation on sizing if anyone can help? From reading this thread it would seem they run a little bigger than previous Mission lines. Just wondering what size you guys are wearing compared to your other non-mission skates? I'm tempted to order myself some before they disappear for good.

Thanks

Any further feedback on these guys? Also after a confirmation on sizing if anyone can help? From reading this thread it would seem they run a little bigger than previous Mission lines. Just wondering what size you guys are wearing compared to your other non-mission skates? I'm tempted to order myself some before they disappear for good.

Thanks

I've stopped wearing mine because they hurt my feet too much. For some reason, there doesn't seem to be any padding on the inside of the foot, above the arch so it's like bone on concrete (the boot is that stiff). I've baked it twice and will take it to a professional to look at for one last try. I kinda wish I bought the xxxx for about the same price instead.

Thansk for the feedback, much appreciated. I had read your thread and was wondering how you were going with them... not well obviously! If you could keep us updated that would be great.

Can I ask what size are you in Bauer/CCM/Reebok/Graf etc?

Thansk for the feedback, much appreciated. I had read your thread and was wondering how you were going with them... not well obviously! If you could keep us updated that would be great.

Can I ask what size are you in Bauer/CCM/Reebok/Graf etc?

Sure thing, I am a 10 in shoes, with relatively flat feet. My Mission MNE's are a size a 9, 95XP's are 9.5 (should be 9), Bauer One70's are 9.5, and CCM Vector 110s are 8.5. Haven't worn the other two :)

I'm going to a LHS in a few minutes to have them look at the NME's. I'll let you know how it goes.

So I went to the new LHS and the first thing the guy said after looking at my feet was "Damn, you have flat feet." Well he didn't say it like that but basically. He proceeded to tell me that it wasn't the skates that had the problem and it was my feet. I told him I had not had this problem with any other skate. He said we have these Superfeet footbeds that will correct my foot positioning and to put some in and try it for a bit. I did it skeptically and walked into the other room and watched TV for about 20 minutes while kind of walking in place. Miraculously, my feet didn't hurt. I tried to do everything to see if I could get the pain to come back but it was gone. I asked him to sharpen them and asked if he could throw that in with the purchase of the Superfeet since they were so expensive ($35), which he graciously agreed to.

I haven't skated on them but I have a game tomorrow night so I'll update after that. Hopefully something this simple will fix the problem.

Good news! So they are a skate more suited to a deeper arch then? Sounds good for me :)

Hopefully they work out for you in the game tomorrow, be keen to see how you go.

So I played 2 games this weekend and there was no pain where there was previously. I'm not sure how, but the superfeet did it.

As for the skate itself, I'm still having a bit of trouble with me feet lifting up. This is what caused me to get blisters on my arch when I first got the skates. It's not as bad as it was before but it's still an issue. Also the stock laces are unusually getting torn to shreds. Not that big of issue, but I thought I'd mention it. I've worn them in maybe 6 games and they are cut up on both skates and are about to snap. I also have a pretty nice gouge on part of the boot that just happened. It cut into the boot outer. I'll try to get a picture of it when I get home tonight.

Again, If you are on the fence about these, I wouldn't recommend it. If I could do it over, I'd get the XXXX.

Thanks again. I guess I'm just keen to try them out as they're not going to be around and have always been a fan of Mission gear (never had their skates though). It's more of a want than a need, but it' a decent risk buying something I'm not sure will fit or be comfortable. At least with my Graf's I was reasonably sure what size I'd be (they're probably a half size too big), but this is a bit of a stab in the dark... Appreciate the feedback and advice, taken on board :)

Alrighty, an update for anyone considering buying these skates:

I decided to take the plunge and order some Nine-1's. At $270 due to the Labor day sale, and with a decent exchange rate, it was too good to pass up. They've only just arrived, but thought I'd give you my initial thoughts on the skates:

*Look fantastic, better than in the images I think

*Super light and quite stiff

*Quality of some finishes is lacking a touch. Can see glue around the heal, stiching a touch frayed in some places but I'm being picky

*Has a very wide forefoot in EE, and a nice wide toebox

*Fits exactly to US Shoe sizing for me

*Need baking though they feel quite comfy for me out of the box

*Decent size arches, but not heaps of volume

I'll probably get them baked this weekend and update with some photo's next week for anyone interested. So far though I'm happy I bought them, so hopefully they feel that way on the ice too.

I decided to take the plunge and order some Nine-1's. At $270 due to the Labor day sale, and with a decent exchange rate, it was too good to pass up. They've only just arrived, but thought I'd give you my initial thoughts on the skates:

*Quality of some finishes is lacking a touch. Can see glue around the heal, stiching a touch frayed in some places but I'm being picky

I'll probably get them baked this weekend and update with some photo's next week for anyone interested. So far though I'm happy I bought them, so hopefully they feel that way on the ice too.

Any thoughts on fit compared to similar length One95's?

Sorry, I haven't tried one95's so couldn't tell you.

I've just come out of Graf 727's, and in comparison the NME arch is similar, the toe box is wider, and has less volume. However the 727's were a 11.5EE and the NME's are an 11.5EE, so different sizes comparatively.

Any thoughts on fit compared to similar length One95's?

what size one95's are you. JR told me that you should go by holder size, so say you are a 280 tuuk holder, you should be the same in any skate