Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fastbrother7

Mission NME Nine-1 skate

Who knows if we'll even see it at retail. :rolleyes:

Looks like they got Hotblades to OEM blades for them. That blows - I loved the quality of PITCH steel.

Not to mention that "Hotblades" just sound cheap. It's not something I would want on a retail model when I'm trying to push against the big boys.

They were doing reduced weight steel long before CCM/RBK, so it's not like they're new to the industry. Personally, I usually prefer using a company that leads the way as opposed to someone coming along later and copying.

Yes - and they were doing reduced weight steel with it all being steel.

Looks like they got Hotblades to OEM blades for them. That blows - I loved the quality of PITCH steel.

Fuck. I'm with you on that one - best steel I've ever skated on. Do you know if the PITCH steel/holders will be available separately, or should I stock-up?

Not to mention that "Hotblades" just sound cheap. It's not something I would want on a retail model when I'm trying to push against the big boys.

They were doing reduced weight steel long before CCM/RBK, so it's not like they're new to the industry. Personally, I usually prefer using a company that leads the way as opposed to someone coming along later and copying.

Yes, but you're an extremely informed person. Selling the name "Hotblades" might be a a small obstacle.

Fuck. I'm with you on that one - best steel I've ever skated on. Do you know if the PITCH steel/holders will be available separately, or should I stock-up?

For one more year because PITCH is on the Fuel skate (I believe it is AG90) that is supposedly carrying over in 09.

Would love for the new holder to be compatible in a neutral profile, it can be done if the runner screw points are the same. The bolt could go into the round part without the tooth.

Who knows if we'll even see it at retail. :rolleyes:

Yes - and they were doing reduced weight steel with it all being steel.

They had the plastic inserts three or four years ago. I remember talking about bringing them into the shop, but Steve didn't want to pay the premium over the standard replacement steel.

Yes, but you're an extremely informed person. Selling the name "Hotblades" might be a a small obstacle.

I highly doubt Mission will be calling it hotblade steel. As long as you aren't the lazy type to sit on your ass and wait for people to bring things up to the register, it's not hard selling second tier manufacturers. You just have to know product and be able to tell people why it's better.

I'd stock up anyway, just in case. ;)

I highly doubt Mission will be calling it hotblade steel. As long as you aren't the lazy type to sit on your ass and wait for people to bring things up to the register, it's not hard selling second tier manufacturers. You just have to know product and be able to tell people why it's better.

As for now, it's HotBlades, pic on the last page. I hope they change it. We'll see.

Telling people how something is better and explaining why to a Tee can get trumped by the fact that the customer hates the name, color, design, etc. The name "Hotblades" is something that turns me off immediately. Personally, I'll give something a shot and look for the performance, but a good portion of consumers are not of the same ilk.

Probably stock up on the regular steel as well and offer a switch if it can make the sale.

Oh, and Rocket Runner's any better?

I mean, it's easy, you can just say that Hotblades has been around for years and this is what they do, and they make Mission's steel. If they have questions, they can go to hotblades.net.

I mean, it's easy, you can just say that Hotblades has been around for years and this is what they do, and they make Mission's steel. If they have questions, they can go to hotblades.net.

Exactly, product knowledge is everything when you're doing something other than sitting at the register and texting your friends.

Exactly, product knowledge is everything when you're doing something other than sitting at the register and texting your friends.

Thanks for the gross generalization.

There's a reason I'm on here a lot. To try and be as informed about the product as possible. Ask most people in the NYC area and I've got a reputation as an extremely dedicated and knowledgeable person here.

My point is that you can tell a person about everything possible, get them on the phone with a rep, have them talk to the head of development, but some of them will negate all the positives based on trivial things. If this is not the experience of people in th field then I must have been dreaming the past 2 and a half years.

I understand what you are saying, but all I did was offer up an easy way to explain it to the customer. Let me ask you this - since you have had the U+ skates, have you lost a single sale because it says "Rocket Runner" on the runner or did you lose the sale because of the concept? My money's on the concept.

I understand what you are saying, but all I did was offer up an easy way to explain it to the customer. Let me ask you this - since you have had the U+ skates, have you lost a single sale because it says "Rocket Runner" on the runner or did you lose the sale because of the concept? My money's on the concept.

I had somebody not want to buy the Vapor XXXX because they didn't like that it was incorrect Roman numerals. They went with a Vector Pro despite my advice. NY is a weird market I guess.

As a retailer we still got a sale so we don't mind, but it's stuff I see happen here.

There's a reason I'm on here a lot. To try and be as informed about the product as possible. Ask most people in the NYC area and I've got a reputation as an extremely dedicated and knowledgeable person here.

My point is that you can tell a person about everything possible, get them on the phone with a rep, have them talk to the head of development, but some of them will negate all the positives based on trivial things. If this is not the experience of people in th field then I must have been dreaming the past 2 and a half years.

You're never going to convince everyone nor should you push them until they buy or leave. It's very easy to defuse most negative comments and if the customer keeps digging for more then they obviously aren't interested in the product and you should be showing them something that they do want. With CCM you should be selling the crap out of the Vectors, given the value. Hell, the kids/parents could afford to buy two sets for close to the same amount as a pair of U+ and replacement steel.

I had somebody not want to buy the Vapor XXXX because they didn't like that it was incorrect Roman numerals. They went with a Vector Pro despite my advice. NY is a weird market I guess.

As a retailer we still got a sale so we don't mind, but it's stuff I see happen here.

Sounds more like a cost problem and they were just using the number thing as a smokescreen.

You're never going to convince everyone nor should you push them until they buy or leave. It's very easy to defuse most negative comments and if the customer keeps digging for more then they obviously aren't interested in the product and you should be showing them something that they do want. With CCM you should be selling the crap out of the Vectors, given the value. Hell, the kids/parents could afford to buy two sets for close to the same amount as a pair of U+ and replacement steel.

Sounds more like a cost problem and they were just using the number thing as a smokescreen.

They were about $30 off in price (don't ask me, I didn't set the prices)

just got them, didnt feel that good until i heat molded them, they turn into a completely different beast, you can do just about anything to them to make them form to your foot. real nice skate they have/had.

...I'm pretty sure that they won't.

Seriously, have you forgotten about the ONE95?

exactly. i was getting these skates as a tester no matter what. if i were paying for them, i wouldnt have bought them unless i got them heated first. i think they need to make a skate comfortable out of the box first. There are not too many shops that will bake a skate before the person has already bought it. This skate however, i was pleasantly surprised with after about 5-6 minutes in the oven.

no, i dont think thats a priority. thats why i was eager to get them ASAP before they decided to not continue with the testing. im glad i got them, and ill post some feedback on them when i get a chance to try them out in practice.

im sure Bauer can take some kind of technology from this skate, if not technology, then knowledge about what works and what doesnt.