Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fletch

Chassis mounting in SoCal

Can anyone recommend a good shop to have a conversion done? I don't trust Giant or Monkey to do it and was hoping someone has had a good experience with another shop.

Thanks!

Dave at Hockey Central is good. I would trust ONLY HIM not anyone else working there to do a good job. He treats you more like a person than just another sale. If you have any questions about him feel free to PM me, I've known him for a while. Plus he's played roller and knows the skates. He even mounts the sprung chassis if you have it. NOt too many people want to do that.

They're in Garden Grove. Here's the address.

Dave Wrobel

Hockey Central

6949 Chapman Ave.

Garden Grove, Ca 92845

The shop doesn't have a lot in it but Dave is a great guy always looking to help you out. He can order it if he doesn't have it. And he knows his stuff when it comes to equipment. That's where I'm taking my new skates when they arrive to have them mounted.

They're in Garden Grove. Here's the address.

Dave Wrobel

Hockey Central

6949 Chapman Ave.

Garden Grove, Ca 92845

The shop doesn't have a lot in it but Dave is a great guy always looking to help you out. He can order it if he doesn't have it. And he knows his stuff when it comes to equipment. That's where I'm taking my new skates when they arrive to have them mounted.

Thanks!

Is it that shop by the outdoor rink there?

Yeah it's right across the street. I think that's why there's not too much high-end stuff in there. He probably is shooting for his target outdoor hockey players. But he can get anything you want pretty quickly.

Go to James Reyes at Anaheim Ice. He does all my skate work on ice and roller.

I just had James convert some CCM Super Tacks to inline. Work looks good (haven't skated them yet), fast turnaround and reasonably priced. I would go back to him again. Also, he came highly recommended from several local players.

+1 for Sprungster if that is the route you are going. But living in the roller hockey equivalent of Death Valley I have started to do my own mounts using T-nuts and stainless machine screws. You might consider going that route if you are handy at all.

Solar,

If you have both the skate and the chasis removing the ice holder and mounting the chasis should run between $30.00 and $60.00 on average depending on where you are. However the full cost of a conversion can get substantially higher especially if you are buying wheels ($5-$10 a piece or more), bearings ($45.00-$150.00 depending on type and quality), spacers ($5-$10 for a set of 8), and the chasis (again as much as $150.00 or more depending on type).

On a different note, if you are looking for a skate to mimic the ice feel and handeling I would really consider the Sprung chasis over Tuuk. The presale on the medium A7 is still going on and you can pick them up for around $110.00 with shipping if it fits your boot size. The A6 and A8 are a little higher but stil worth looking at.

Fletch, just wanted to know what chassis you are mounting? Keith is in SoCal, so you can get him to mount some sprungs for you.

I had Sprungs put on my One95's a few months back, and Keith mounted them for me (and did a great job!) :)

Keith does a great job with the mounts... good communication, good service, and he now does rivetting as well...

T-nuts and bolts, you can try that as well.

Am waiting for the A7 to come out, got some boots all ready for those frames.