Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

whizbang

shock doctor vs. superfeet.

i've searched..... and read. now i'm asking again because your opinions are split down the middle.

i bought my skates. a size 7.5us, my shoe size is an 8.5us. and when i got them.... they fit fine. after breaking them in.... i'd say their a half size too big. (tour code carbons). if i put my toe all the way up to the cap i would guess that i have about 1/2 an inch of space in the heel.

and i noticed sometimes while i'm skating i'll get clumsy in the feet and wind up flat on my back.

so i want to take up some extra volume!

which insole will take up the most?

cause i dont want to drop another 400 on skates!

the superfeet didnt take up space in my one75s, they just made my foot have a proper fit in them (flat footed). they kept my instep from sliding back and forth in my skate while adding a good amout of support.

It's kinda strange, but I've found that both can add a different degree of volume depending on which insole your foot naturally follows better. I personally skate in Superfeet Gray, and I find that it doesn't add much volume at all to my CCM Vector 10.0s. I've tried and Shock Doctor footbeds and found myself getting a little lacebite. On the other hand, a buddy of mine found that the Superfeet added too much volume for his Vector Pros, and ended up going to Shock Doctors... I guess you'd have to give both a shot to be sure.

the superfeet will give you more control of your skates, make you more stable, so id say try that, worst comes to worst, you dont like them 60 day money back guarantee

I prefer the superfeet because of the better arch support and the solid heel. I feel much better on the ice in them than Shock Doctors. They give me better balance especially manoevering backwards.

I haven't tried the Superfeet, so I can't say much on that front. But, I did get the Shock Doctor insoles about 4 months ago and I love them. I don't wear socks in my CCM 992's so i have a snug fit. I really feel like my boot becomes part of my foot. I do have a D width skate..and it really should be an E. That's the one thing I'd change. I'd say try the Shock Doctor first....they are a bit cheaper...and then go to Superfeet if you don't like them. Can't go wrong there...either way...it is cheaper than new skates.

ok - here are my 2 cents...

I have tried both. The Shock Doctor took up too much space in my boot (I have a tall foot) and also didn't really give me any more stability - my feet still hurt. Basically they were 'meh' - OK but nothing great.

The SuperFeet - I really liked them - much thinner. Provided my feet with much better support - much better stability. Felt much more planted on the ice.

I'd recommend the Super Feet :)

Take this for what it's worth...

superfeet are 31.00$ at icewarehouse.com and when you add them to basket they deduct 10 dollars automatically. You can also use IWSAVE5 for 5% off at checkout.

ok, maybe a stupid question to you, but here we go, i see the size of the shock doctor is for example 8-9,5, or 10-11,5, are these in skate size or in shoe size, and if let's say i need a 8 or a 10, are there gonna be any problems in taking up to much space in the boot? someone who uses shockdoctor, can you tell me what size do i need for a 8.5D skate from nikebauer? thanks

I just bought the superfeet to replace my shock doctors. I have a high arch and the superfeet fit best. I got lace bite from the shock doctors, but my skates are on the small side. I don't remember which size I went with, but it was probably the XL size for size 10 skates. You can always trim the insoles down, but go too big and the arch might not fit right. The shock doctor definitely are thicker that the super feet in the fore foot.

Hey Electricjer, just wondering but what made you decide to pick up insoles? I also have a high arch and may get superfeet... so how have they improved your skating?

superfeet are 31.00$ at icewarehouse.com and when you add them to basket they deduct 10 dollars automatically. You can also use IWSAVE5 for 5% off at checkout.

I just went to icewarehouse.com and checked this out. GREAT price, but I'm hoping to get the new yellow ones rather than the older grey ones for my One95s. I loved the grey ones in my 8090s, but they did tend to retain sweat. The newer yellow ones appear to be vented and will hopefully lessen the amount of moisture in my boots. NBH did a great job designing the One95 boots to vent moisture and I don't want to "clog" it up by using the lesser-venting grey ones.

the superfeet website recommends the yellows which are not available on icewarehouse. that blows.

"Yellow is the new Grey" according to their website.