Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hockeydevil11

Sholder pads

I need some new sholder pads and I want to see if you guys can help me out with a choice.. I want some thing thats is protective but not bulky and heavy, and i want to be able to move :) . Is there anything like that? i dont know of to many but maybe you guys will. so please just post anything that fits the desciption.

Thanks in advance

i just picked up the nike v-10s and their light as a feather and built like a dump truck. only $130 cdn too

Get the Easton Ultra-Lites...they are awsome.Like everyone in try outs this year has them and everyone loves them.They're basically the same as the synergy ones, but lke 60$ cheaper.

By the way I have the same problem as you with the bulky pads.I hate getting new protective equipment like pants,shoulder pads etc. cuz I like the samll stuff but these pads gave me no problem.

the bauer 8000 light speeds are light mobil and not to expensive

buy last years vapor 10's instead if your loking at the 8000s. basically same thing just new graphics and 30- 40+ more bux

i personally just got the 6000, very light n mobile, just duno about protection

I just went through this dilemma a couple weeks ago and I decided on the Bauer 8000 Lightspeeds. I tried on just about every shoulder pad on the market and I found them to suit me the best. If money is no object, the Nike V-12's are awesome.

Check out Itechs, they offer a variety of models and are a really solid pad for a good price. I love them, I use 775s.

I just went through this dilemma a couple weeks ago and I decided on the Bauer 8000 Lightspeeds. I tried on just about every shoulder pad on the market and I found them to suit me the best. If money is no object, the Nike V-12's are awesome.

i got those first then i returned them.

didn't offer enough back/ stomach protection

Get the Easton Ultra-Lites...they are awsome.Like everyone in try outs this year has them and everyone loves them.They're basically the same as the synergy ones, but lke 60$ cheaper.

By the way I have the same problem as you with the bulky pads.I hate getting new protective equipment like pants,shoulder pads etc. cuz I like the samll stuff but these pads gave me no problem.

like oh my gosh, no way!

seriously now, check out tps contours, great shoulderpads cheap buck. 30 bucks US or so, good stuff.

The V12's are pretty nice I think, they are just a tad bulky in the shoulder caps.

they arent bulky at all, way smaller than 80% of the stuff on the market, and alot more shallow than the 6000/8000 series. The v12s are like paper.

I disagree, I wear Itech pads and the caps are smaller then those. I like a smaller cap, and the Nikes are a little too big for my preference.

The V12's are pretty nice I think, they are just a tad bulky in the shoulder caps.

The Nike's are in no way, shape, or form bulky!

The Nike's are in no way, shape, or form bulky!

It all depends on what a person defines as bulky. If they are not used to wearing any shoulderpads then they may consider about 90% of the equipment out there as bulky. If they are currently wearing the old footbal style pads that Douglas and Easton used to make then they might consider 90% of the other products on the market non-bulky. Information on what this person is currently wearing and what they think of their current pads can help in establishing baseline for comparison.