Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

qmechanic

zipper pants for public skate

I hope this isn't a dumb question, but I want to buy a pair of black pants with zippers on the ends, so I can put shinpads on without taking off my pants. My problem is that I can't find pants which are roomy enough in the lower leg to fit shinpads. And no, I don't want roller hockey pants. Too expensive and weird looking especially when all I want to do is use the pants for public skating.

I found this CCM Pro Skate Pant listed on Hockey Giant's website. The pants look roomy in the lower leg. Maybe that'll work?

http://www.hockeygiant.com/ccmb4230.html

Any recommendations?

You may want to try some generic track pants. Their actually quite thin and allow ample room for shin pads. You dont need to spend a fortune just around $10 for a pair of nikes or similar.

I just use a cheap pair of Adidas tear-away pants.... I got them on clearance at a local Foot Locker for $20, and the snaps make life a lot easier popping on shinpads.

You may want to try some generic track pants. Their actually quite thin and allow ample room for shin pads. You dont need to spend a fortune just around $10 for a pair of nikes or similar.

+1 Got a pair of Nike's at their outlet store I used for working out... it turned out I could also slip these over my shin pads as well.

or just a pair of shorts - no worries about fitting shinpads then

seriously - what's what I do for stick & pack - I prefer drifit (or any other polyester material - lite & keeps you dry)

curious - why wear shinpads on a public skate (unless of course you're just learning & falling a lot ;))?

or just a pair of shorts - no worries about fitting shinpads then

seriously - what's what I do for stick & pack - I prefer drifit (or any other polyester material - lite & keeps you dry)

curious - why wear shinpads on a public skate (unless of course you're just learning & falling a lot ;))?

Funny that you mention that. No, I am not a beginner skater, but I had a horrible accident about five years ago. I was at public skate and I did a hockey stop next to the boards. I wasn't properly warmed up and I think I caught an edge. My knee slammed into the boards. I wasn't able to bend it when I tried to get up. I had to get a knee brace and limped around for the next two months. About two years later, I started playing hockey again (I had been too busy to play) and a few weeks in, my knee started hurting like crazy. I went to the orthopedist who thought I had torn a knee ligament. Fortunately, that wasn't the case, but I had to do physical therapy for several months. My knee still bothers me sometimes. It becomes stiff the day after a really rough hockey game.

So that is the long answer to why I wear shinpads at public skate. I wear elbow pads, too, just in case.