Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blues_91

Question about inno 1100

In the "Dool Fit" sticker it says use "heat gun to remove blade...do not use open flame" does that mean you can remove the blade on the 1100 with a heat gun?

btw for people around vancouver, BC scoffs hockey just got the innos in yesterday

Confusion is reigning supreme here....I'm not sure whether you have an 1100 shaft or OPS

If you got an 1100 shaft with a blade, you can remove the blade with a heat gun just like any 2-piece.

If you got an 1100 OPS, it's Fused (blade fused into shaft). Technically you could remove the blade if you wanted to, but it would take a bit more work than heating it up with a heat gun.

Are you talking about those Double Kick 1100 Fused or whatever their name is? The ones with the two kick points so you flip it over to make it a shaft after it breaks? Surely someone knows what I'm talking about.

the dual kick is a shaft, not an ops. Its basically a normal tapered shaft but the standard end is designed with a kick as well. VERY stupid idea if you ask me because if you use the standard side and need to cut it down, you end up cutting the taper, making the tapered end unuseable.

Are you talking about those Double Kick 1100 Fused or whatever their name is? The ones with the two kick points so you flip it over to make it a shaft after it breaks? Surely someone knows what I'm talking about.

Thats what I thought he was talking about.

ya the 1100 dual fit "ops." the idea is its got kickpoints on both ends. ive never seen them i thought inno kinda gave that idea up but i guess not. if i remember correctly tho, youre supposed to be able to take those blades out with just a gun, i think the "ops" is pretty much just so people buy it like its a one piece but in reality i think its just a shaft with a comp blade in it that you can take out like any other. might wanna check for sure tho.

It's dual kick but it's a OPS, the guy at my the shop said they jus started making them or something, and didn't recieve many.....heck they're the only shop I've seen in BC that carries any inno sticks. Btw if I cut it down would I ruin the stick? It says there is a 12" flex at the top and said with a standard blade it would perform the same, but if my blade happens to brake I'd rather remove the blade and keep the taper, do you even need the flex at the top?

It's dual kick but it's a OPS, the guy at my the shop said they jus started making them or something, and didn't recieve many.....heck they're the only shop I've seen in BC that carries any inno sticks. Btw if I cut it down would I ruin the stick? It says there is a 12" flex at the top and said with a standard blade it would perform the same, but if my blade happens to brake I'd rather remove the blade and keep the taper, do you even need the flex at the top?

If you cut it you will lose the kickpoint at whatever end is the top. That's fine if you only want to use one end, but just buy a regular 1100 if you don't want the versatility.

Nice!  I wasn't wrong.  When the hell did Roberts become a retail pattern for Inno?  I must have missed it.

New for this year I think. Saw a rack of blades and grip True-1s (all black like Robert's GI sticks) at my LHS. New patterns I saw included Roberts (slight curve with a square toe if I recall, nothing like his pro pattern) and Jovanowski (Lidstrom clone).