Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thefelixculpa

Rocket Puck

I did a search and found a lot of posts of disapproval for this puck, but none of these posts really talked about what they are.

What is the difference between this puck and the IDS puck?

Why, if nobody likes it, is it becoming the norm? I just found out that the NCRHA has made the rocket puck their official puck and I am not feeling very optimistic about this change.

I like the Rocket pucks better because I think they're somewhat heavier than an IDS and their pegs are rounder compared to the flatter IDS pegs. It seems like IDS tends to go on edge more and bounce as well as being thinner than Rockets. Oh, and Rocket pucks are way easier to Michigan. :P

The surface plays a part as well... IDS seems to do really well on Sport Court while the Rocket pucks do well on icecourt and excess.

As far as I've seen, the IDS puck is typically cheaper as well.

Is it possible that the extra weight of the rocket puck is going to make a stick of mine have too much flex that was borderline too flexy with the IDS pucks? It already feels like it could snap when I wind up.

The rocket pucks are only good for the fact that they are heavier, so they are closer to an ice puck. And, while I definitely feel that the IDS pucks slide really well, My favorite puck is, and has always been, a Mach 1

I played in a tourney this weekend in NJ and I now remember why and how much I really hate the rocket puck!! Man it was a pita felt like it didnt want to move. IDS 4 life.

Were you playing at the Thomas Stahl charity tournament?

I prefer the IDS puck because it is heavier and I think it stays flat allot more then the Rocket puck but like it has been said before it has allot to do with the surface you are playing on also.

Rocket Puck=garbage. NCRHA decided to adopt the damn rocket puck and that's all we use now. We got them in for practice last night and they blow. They roll on edge way too much! IDS FTW! Rocket puck equals rocket crap. The pucks were bouncing all over the damn place and everybody seemed to hate them. We played on sport court by the way.

On the weight issue, I felt that the Rocket Puck was lighter than the IDS..could just be me though.

Bad news for all TORHS participants - I'm almost 99% sure TORHS will move to Rocket Pucks as well. No more IDS - Sad times.

that sucks .i like the ids pucks,i never really cared for the rocket pucks.

i was just comparing the two,i thought both felt the same in weight,they look the same thickness.

the weight looks more centered in the ids, the rockets weight looks evenly thruout.

ids has 8 plastic nipples on each side 16 all together,rocket has 6 on each side 12 in all.

Hey IDS are you reading these posts?we should start a new post,best inline pucks.

I suppose after playing half a season in NCRHA with the Rocket pucks, I have gotten somewhat used to them.

I find that I have a tougher time shooting a hard accurate slap shot with the rocket pucks than I do with the IDS pucks. I feel like I shoot more knuckle pucks or sinkers, the puck will be rolling in the air and dip real hard, it never saucers. Maybe it's just me, though I don't have that issue when I switch back to IDS.