Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

08-09 Predictions

It's so irritating to see an undeserved southeast team get the 3 spot in the playoffs every year. I'd really like to see that changed to where the top 8 teams in points fill 1-8 with a division title as the first tiebreaker.

I think undeserved is the wrong word. If they were undeserved, would Tampa have been able to beat all 15 other playoff teams to win the Cup? Same with Caorlina? Maybe unfair would be a better word choice, but either way I like it.

They played all 15 other teams in the playoffs, when did that rule change?

That said, the only way the "undeserved" argument holds any water is if they get blown out in the first round every year.

SJ, Wings, Boston, Devils and Caps are the only legit contenders i see at the moment.

I think the Flames deserve to be included in that discussion. I'd rank them in 6th out of these 6 teams, but I don't think there is that much gap between the Flames and the other 5. I'd take the Flames' D over all of those teams except maybe the Wings and Sharks. I'll take Kiprusoff over every goalie except a pre-injury Brodeur or Nabokov. Up front the Flames are weaker, no doubt.

Atlantic: Philadelphia

Northeast: Montreal

Southeast: Carolina

Central: Detriot

Pacific: San Jose

Northwest: Minnesota

They are what 14 pts out of first? With the possibility of being 16 after tonight?