Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stix04

Si-core Grip

Well boys, my birthdays coming up soon and i need a new stick for the season. I've been looking into the Si-core grip since my LHS got them in, and I think I'm gonna get it. But before I did, i wanted to consult you guys and see what you think of it, and maybe if you dont like it give me some suggestions on another stick. Thanks in advance for the help

P.S- I did a search and didnt find anything, so I appoligize in advance if theres another topic like this, but I didnt see any.

well, im actually thinkin about gettin a sicore myself. only complaint with 03 easton grips is that they peel off pretty quick... i dont know if the 04 is better. ive looked at both sicore and sicore-grip and they are both great in my opinion. i think either would be fine. the grip stick doesnt feel all that much gripier and if i ever think a shaft isnt grippy enough i can just put some stick wax on it (it lasts about a week, but it is reusble which is nice). i personnly am gonna go with the classic sicore, but both are sick sticks, u cant go wrong with them.

EDIT- as for other sticks, maybe u might wanna wait for the new stealth (pricey). also, i like these sticks made by this company called harrow sports. they are kinda unheard of but they have a great feel and the paint job on the stick is rubberized paint that feels great and lasts forever. heres the link. (i have the 95 flex v-2 and it is a senior stick as light as an intermediate synthesis- but it fits only an intermediate synthesis blade) http://www.harrowsports.com

maybe you can look into the xn10. It's a little pricey too but the kick on the stick is amazing. Plus the concave shaft design fits perfectly in your hands and it has great feel. The blade stays stiff forever too.

If you're looking for grip texture and puck feel, your choices are the Si-Core Grip, Vector 120, and Bauer Vapor XX. I've heard good and bad about all of them. I think your choice will really come down to flex and curve preference.

To be honest, i think the sicore is a waste of money. I cant tell the feel different from a synergy or response. I wouldnt have even thought about a sicore if it didnt come with my skates. But if you appreciate the wood feel and you would like to bring it over to a ops, then go with the sicore. If not I would go with a synergy, grip or response plus or xn10. Thats just my opinion. Take it for what its worth.

you missed out ,i just bought these off ebay , a pro stock xn10 with grip and a nice curve ,used 2/3 times and a pro stock response plus with grip ,nice curve ,used 2/3 times and i got them both for 289 and free shipping....im happy :D and its my birthday B)

I had a pro stock orange synergy and everyone who tried it could feel the difference between it and a normal synergy. Funny thing is, it wasn't a si-core. Nothing scientific, just my experience.

well the reason I'm looking into the Si-core is because I alredy have a synergy, but I want a grippy stick, and I dont want to get a yellow grip, as all of my teammates who have tham have no grip or paint left on their sticks. Also, I've heard that the Si-core Grip has a very durable grip, and it lasts a while. Also I prefer the look of the Si-core grip over all the other grip sticks. Thanx for your input guys.

Well if its the grip your after maybe you would want to look into a inno. There soft grip is really nice and durable.

I had a pro stock orange synergy and everyone who tried it could feel the difference between it and a normal synergy. Funny thing is, it wasn't a si-core. Nothing scientific, just my experience.

same thing happened to a kid on my team, he had a pro stock orange synergy and thought it was better than the synergy, and then I looked at it, it was a synergy. funny what that orange does to you.

How can you tell the difference? I would love to try out a Pro-stock SiCore, but whenever I see them I'm always worried I'm getting duped.

Paint has been the second difference besides feel. Look for an orange tint on "Synergy." I've found the orange Synergys tend to run there but the "real" Si-Cores stay true.