Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nate

which shin pads?

I need new shin pads but I can't decide between the jofa 9090 and the nike V12. I'm open to opinions and new suggestions. thanks

Both are nice, I suggest Bauer 8000s though, I just got a pair and they are the best shin pads on the market right now in my opinion. the Nike V12s dont have Elastic straps I think either. I know the Pro STK thg ones(model between 10 and 12) dont have them.

Also, on the 8000s, they are very comfortable. They have a pad on the back of the top strap so it wont dig into your leg as much.

are you so naieve as to suggest Jofa doesnt make their pads in Asia?

Jofa does make their retail pads in Asia.

I have not seen the prostock stuff lately but my pro 8044s are made in Sweden, as well as the 6090s I had (that didn't keep, long story)

i have the v-12 shins and the answer to the elastic strap question is yes and no.

yes that there are elastic straps at the the lower calf area and no for the strap in the knee region

yes that there are elastic straps at the the lower calf area and no for the strap in the knee region

Yup, that's one thing that annoyed me about the V12s. The lower strap is ok, the top strap just digs into the back of your leg because it has no give.

I really wish companys would start using neoprene straps like the middle strap of the 2002 z-air elbows... It doesn't fray over time like elastic does, AND it's comfortable and doesn't slip...

I just picked up a pair of 8090s from JR. Great protection, cant feel a thing, light too. I wear really big shingaurds, and they come down a little longer so its perfect for me, since i always used to get hit right below my shinpads blocking shots, so these help out a ton.

As far as straps go, I take mine off, they're just a pain in the ass, tape works better on the outside of the socks.

I used Jofa 6090's for a few years and bought 9090's last year and I think they are great shinpads. I actually use them for roller hockey and I don't think they're overkill. All shinpads feel awkward at first but you just have to break them in and sweat in them like any other piece of hockey equipment. As Veltri said, they're lightweight and they protect that killer area around your skate tongues.

I play several nights a week in occasional 85 degree + rinks and these things dry out great. You can remove the liner if you want them to dry even quicker.

The 9090's have one strap around the knees.

I just picked up a pair of 8090s from JR. Great protection, cant feel a thing, light too. I wear really big shingaurds, and they come down a little longer so its perfect for me, since i always used to get hit right below my shinpads blocking shots, so these help out a ton.

As far as straps go, I take mine off, they're just a pain in the ass, tape works better on the outside of the socks.

I'm just a bit off topic, but do you guys like straps that comes with shin pads? Because, I ordered a pair last week and they will have straps.

Both are nice, I suggest Bauer 8000s though, I just got a pair and they are the best shin pads on the market right now in my opinion. the Nike V12s dont have Elastic straps I think either. I know the Pro STK thg ones(model between 10 and 12) dont have them.

Also, on the 8000s, they are very comfortable. They have a pad on the back of the top strap so it wont dig into your leg as much.

word there the best

I had a pair of Nike Quest V10s. Took em out of the bag, put em on, they sucked, took em back. The ONLY reason I took them back was because of the strap not having any give. Just make sure what ever you have has the elastic strap, like everyone else says in this thread.

There are only a couple models of elbow pads approved for use by the NHL, Jofa makes one of them. The shin pads are also the most protective by far. The thing is, less than 10% of hockey players need anything as bulky or protective as the top of the line Jofa pads.

The Tour Tru-Lite pads are a nice simple lightweight pad with good protection, elastic straps....a lot less bulky than the Jofa's....We have had the 8060's and they were too much for inline. My son plays at the men's elite MLRH, PIHA, Tournament Pro level, and loves the protection from the Tours..and they are relatively light (of course until they are soaked lol)