Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

leafsrule1

Stick Tips

is there any thing you guys do to keep your sticks from breaking or atleast last longer, like taking the tape off right after so the water doesnt penetrate and make it weak.

pfff ,no one uses wood anymore lol ,jk i never thought of that but if he is talking about wood i cant help him i havent used wood since 2nd year tyke

i have several tips:

(1): Dont bang ur stick on the ice if u make a mistake, that is stupid

(2): if u use cloth tape use stick wax (i use top shelf) it repels water and somewhat protects the blade

(3): start taping ur stick right at the heel, instead of after. by covering the heel up, the blade wont chip nearly as long

(4): dont be afraid to shell out a few xtra bux for a better blade, durability is key

some good blades are the sicore z-carbon (its far more durable than the synergy blade) and ive heard the inno 1100 blade is pretty durable. dont waste ur money on an easton ultra graphite etc.

hope this helps

and in the dressing room or anywhere else dont put on the floor or anything bcause one skate step in the middle of the blade can be fatal

(4): dont be afraid to shell out a few xtra bux for a better blade, durability is key

some good blades are the sicore z-carbon (its far more durable than the synergy blade) and ive heard the inno 1100 blade is pretty durable. dont waste ur money on an easton ultra graphite etc.

I always thought the UGs were more durable and had better feel then the Z-carbons. The difference is the Z-carbon is lighter and more expensive, that doesn't always mean better. Everyone has different opinions.

Ditto on the Easton UG/Z-carb comparison. I used UGs for many years and only recently started using a Z-Carb within the last few. I think the Z-Carb has a better feel than the UG, but most people will agree that the UGs are tanks. You're looking at shelling out $20.00 more for a Z-Carb with the possibility of it not lasting long. As a generalization, thinner blades break quicker. Innos have been my rare exception.

yeah, i have a lidstrom ultra graphite and its lasted me a little over half a season with out any loss of stiffness. its got the odd knick in the blade from a skate, but nothing drastic. only downside is that theyre heavy. i find my easton woodies to be lighter

pfff ,no one uses wood anymore lol ,jk i never thought of that but if he is talking about wood i cant help him i havent used wood since 2nd year tyke

lol

haha, but i use them, sherwood custom sops

i thought i was the last of them.

hmm, 2nd year mite/tyke eh? comp. blades have only been out a few years, so you must be what, a peewee?

good tip i picked up, get some protectoe, put it on the bottom of the blade and the toe, where sticks chip the most, it will help prevent chipping.

noo ,i ment wood sticks in general ,since 2nd year tyke ive used composite shafts but wood blades ,ive only used composite blades since first year bantam and im 2nd year bantam now

do a runner of tape on the bottom of the blade going the full length

get a candle from you mom, rubb the wax coating the wax, get a blow torch or a lighter ect melt the wax into the tape, repeat as needed untill its nice and waxy will last for a LONG TIME

Ty,

another thing that works good is taking some of the clear tape taht some ppl use on ther socks and put taht on the bottom. it last longer tahn normal tape and it is ticker and more resistant to cutting (not much tho)

you could also tape the blade up with electrical tape, then tape over that with stick tape. the electrical tapes not that thick, but its pretty resistant