Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speed Demon

700 Series to G Series

I hope not, it is a completely different topic that has nothing to do with holders. I also hope that we aren't going to have any more ignorant comments like there has been in my previous topics.

I am sure your going to be blasted again with that post.

I think it's a very good topic. I bought Graf 704 reverse great white in the summer and I have to say they are awesome skates. I have tried the G series but i don't like these skates as much as the 700 series, altough it's my PP, some others love the G series.

Look at his other topics, you'll understand why I said that. Not only the ones about the blades but about the G's.

What specifically are you looking to find out Dexy? That may help your search for new skates a little more. Different people measure skates different ways, so if you ask was the weight noticable? Was the break-in time differen't? Is the pitch the same? More so facts about the skates rather than "worth it?" which can be determined by factors totally unhockey related. Some people are in a position to drop the extra cash for the new skates and not even care if they perform better, but to them they'll be the worth it, while others willspend and save all year expecting something groundbreaking and may end up over-hyping the skates so it wasn't worth it.

Look at his other topics, you'll understand why I said that. Not only the ones about the blades but about the G's.

My other topic, titled something like, "703 Fit = G3 Fit" was a poll with the option of yes or no. It was a topic on how the two skates compared in fit. This topic is focused on: Is the technology of the new G series really worth the extra money?

I began this topic because I have two choices: Go to Moncton, New Brunswick (2 hours away) and buy Graf 703s and then go to Maritime Sports in Moncton and put Tuuk holders on them OR I leave my province, go down to Nova Scotia, (A lot longer than 2 hours) and pay more money for the new technology of the G Series. I then come back from Nova Scotia, and go to Maritime Sports to put Tuuk holders on.

Yeah but it's still the same kind of questions that could all be fit into one topic and not 10 topics. You could have simply made a G3 topic and ask all your questions in there.

I think the point is that they're all related to Graf skates and your quest to buy them. I just get more confused with some of your posts, especially where you're going to install Tuuks and said the G35's felt like heaven.

I tried on Vapor XXs today and I could feel immediately that they weren't my skate.. they felt like they pinched around the front left side of my left foot. The V12s felt really nice and I would take those over the Vapor XXs but then.. I put on some G35s and those felt like heaven. I don't want the t blades so I am going to get G5s when I get the chance.

Almost every Graf skates comes with and information sheet saying that for better water protection to coat your skates with water repellant (like the kind you can buy to put on your shoes). The 709 is probably she stiffest skate in the Graf familly, the G9 has the same form and designs of the 709. The G9 is just lighter, has comp outsoles and the exterior had a little change of material but is practically the same.

If youre talking about how fast they dry out, thats probably the worst feature about the skate. Its terrible. I went to a camp where we had two 2.5 hour ice sessions an each time i put my foot in the skate it was like stepping into a puddle. But you get use to that soon, and most people dont play twice a day on a regular basis anyways.

I've had 705's for about 3 years but I recenly switched to G5's. It was worth it. They are stiffer, and they do repel water better than the 700 Series. And IMO they are a lot more comfortable.

The teclite repels water much better than the old stuff on the 7xx. It is basically waterproof. And it is very tough shit, one season gone and hardly a scuff on my 705 teclites.

one thing i hate about the comp outsoles on the grafs is how they're not rounded on the egdes

amen... that only spells trouble, whait a year or so and it will be rounded....

I switched from 705's to G 3's and the difference was great. I skate 4 or 5 days a week and often they are a day apart. When i had my 705's they would be extreamly heavy the next day. But, with the G 3's I put them on and they retain the same stiffness and aren't heavy from being waterloged. I say it's worth the money if you skate often. G3 - money= sweet.