Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

roller to ice

ABS blades/out door roller

I dont play much roller anymore mostly ice but when i do play its on outdoor rinks and i cant find a good abs blade. all the leagues ive played in were indoors so i could use the same stick for ice as roller but now im going through blades/sticks every few times out and it seems like everyday there is less abs blades/sticks around. I always use nike bauer sticks w/ p106 blade/curve can anyone suggest a good abs blade similar or wood stick w/ abs

I think some of the lower end CCM Vectors from a year ago were maybe abs. Not sure, but it might give you something to look for.

I'm not sure what curve that is. However I have an Easton abs (I believe) blade with a Forseberg Curve, it seems to work pretty well on outdoor rinks. They have plenty at my Canadian Tire.

There is nothing that I know of that comes close to that curve in an ABS, its hell of a curve!

For sticks, look at RBK 1K (its the "newly dressed" Koho 2260 of yore!), or the V20 from CCM, Easton has an ABS stick but I found that it used to delam pretty easily.

The picture of the Ultimate 2100 Koho above is a good blade, but I suspect that like the 2260 it has been phased out by RBK.

Look no further

p1298675reg.jpg

Not being smart but I have bought one of those koho blades and it lasted an hour. someone stepped down edgewise on my blade and it broke where the fiber meets the wooden hosel. I went back to the good old wooden blades after that.

The Bauer ONE35 wooden stick has a bit of wedge on it close to the P106 (only a rounded toe) and is an ABS blade, only not avaliable as a RB. The RBK 1 and 3 are good for inline outdoor. The 2260 Koho RB seems to still be in production as I recently purchased some from the RBK agent. The CCM Vector 20 or 30 are good too. The Koho Ultimate 2100 pictured isnt a bad blade, which is why it has been in production without change for over 10 years. Only it doesn't wear as well as the 2260.

Not being smart but I have bought one of those koho blades and it lasted an hour. someone stepped down edgewise on my blade and it broke where the fiber meets the wooden hosel. I went back to the good old wooden blades after that.

Step on any blade and its going to do damage.

The Koho blades take forever to wear down, and thats what you need in a ABS blade.

I've had success with the CCM V20's although I rarely take slappers and they were (from what I remember) a wooden blade with roughly a 1cm strip of ABS on the bottom unlike some of these blades that are ABS with only strips of wood in or sometimes not at all.

Anyway, if I were to play outdoors again I'd be looking to track down some V20 Recchi's.

The Koho blades take forever to wear down, and thats what you need in a ABS blade.

I agree but a wooden blade would not have seperated like the koho did. Like I said a brand new blade lasted an hour. And there are no shops around here that have anything so I have to order my gear. But I guess im just old school.lol

I've played all all types of floors (Indoor tiles, rocky/smooth concrete, painted concrete & tar, school yard black top tar and ice) and have found that one blade works the best is from the Montreal series M5, M9 & M95. Been using these Montreal blades for what I think is atleast 10 years and have never had one break on me. I have even an M5 blade to the size of a tooth pick (kidding - the height of a puck lying flat) and still had plenty life on it - damn thing would not break during play :o.

DSC06187.jpg

I spray paint all my blades black.

This blade has a "ABS" center and covered by laminated wood. It does chip at certain points because of the laminated wood but taping the blade helps out alot with that.

This is a pic of the bottom of the blade where it has worn down some. Don't think the pic shows you the core of the blade.

DSC06193.jpg

DSC06189.jpg

Here is a link to where you can find these blades and patterns.

http://www.247hockey.com/pd_montreal_m9.cfm

Hope this helps some.

Agreed. They're a fatastic blade in my opinion, took me a long time to break my last one.