Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hockey_009

Bauer Vapor 20's vs. Graf Skates

You can never go wrong with Graf and you don't have to worry about ypur skates beeing out of style after a year cause they only come out with something new once every 5 years. I personally went to Graf olast year instead of going with some XX's and I am not dissapointed but remember no 2 foot are alike so, you might hate Graf and love XX's.

I mean like the Bauer Vapor 20's vrs. a good pair of graf's like the 705's, and im just looking for the features, of each skate, like the weight of the skates compared, and how good the boot is made, how well is holds together stuff like that.

XX's are lighter than 705's or any grafs for that matter.

Graf's will hold up so much longer than XX's. I've seen kids going almost 3years with the same pair of 703's, and only changed because the skate was too small.

I really think that graf has the highest quality skates out there. Nothing can really touch the durability of them.

See what skate(s) fit you're foot better, than factor in everything else from there. None of the specs of the skate matter if it doesnt fit you're foot correctly.

I've seen too many of those skates turn to mush on a constant basis, however, it all depends on how you treat your skates, and that goes across the board, any brand. Plus fit is important when it comes to durability. I had 705s for 5 yrs and they lasted the entire time, but then again I've always taken care of my stuff.

there is barely any difference in weight between the g series with lightspeeds and the xx's, other than that, thockey is correct on all fronts.

Ive noticed on 704`s and 703`s that the leather(or whatever they make the outside of the boot of) peels of over time.But its just a look factor and you should be worried about looks.Theres a guy in my hockey try-outs with a OLD pair of Grafs from like 1980 or something.I mean they dont even have the G on the side the say Graf.I think the said C4000 on the back of them.They looked flimsy but they still worked for him.So go with the Grafs.

I've been in the Vapor line ever since they were released. I have gone through four pairs of XXs since they came out. I LOVE them. I love them when they are out-of-the-box new, and I love them more and more each time I lace them up. They do become dramatically softer, but I have to say that I really like the way they break down. The weight (or lack there-of) of the skate is great and, more importantly, they are a perfect fit for my foot. It's almost like Bauer asked me what I wanted in a skate and built the XX around what I had to say. I might die in Bauers.

I have to say, I ALMOST got a pair of G35s recently. I was very close and swinging back and forth between Graf and Bauer for about two or three weeks. But, after having the Gs on for a little while, they just felt significantly "bulkier" (not necessarily heavier, but a little bit wider, especially in the ankles) on my feet than the XXs. I went with another pair of Vapors.

see this is really funny to see how much peoples preferences differ as far as skates are concerned. i could not stand vapor xx. i tried them on and i thought this boot feels good blah blah (cant say i wasnt influenced by all the advertising about them being the lightest skate ever etc. and how many pros and other people were wearing them either) so i decided to buy. i skated on em for prolly 3 weeks before i painfully came to the decision that the boot wasnt right for me. i went to graf 705s and had a great season in those, even tho they were not as technologiacally advanced or light as the vapors. in all honesty the weight difference is close to negligable, dont buy because of that. youll notice the liners are different, grafs are leather and vapors are some cloth stuff which was really my main complaint, they had noooo feel for the ice. not that this really matters either but do you really wanna be like everyone else and their brother who bought vapors just cuz they were vapors and people said they were great and top of the line and stuff. if you wanna get bauer look at the 8090 i have it and love it or the v12 which has great fit. also take into account that lkptiger has gone thru 4 pairs of vapors since they came out. obviously he loves them and its great that hes got a skate that fits him perfectly and stuff, but thats an awful lot of cash to throw around unless its absolutely perfect, if you take care of your grafs theyll last you much longer than that.