Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rollerhockeymavin

Valken Hockey

any feedback on this new company? quality, when products will be released to the public, approx. price range for products(med., high end, etc.) thanks for any feedback. Looks like they are based in Jersey.

Itan is supporting the company and they were at torhs winter nationals in NY. They said their products would be up on their site for sale soon. When I spoke to the guy at the stand he wouldn’t give prices but their pants looked really nice and durable. Also they do lacrosse, mma, and in the past they did paintball under a different name. Here is their site http://www.valkenhockey.com/

Can't see any stick info on their site, does anybody know which curves they will offer?

Just standard run of the mill easton clones, or some alternatives to the big brand curves?

this weekend in P.A.for AAU winters I got a chance to check out some of their pants.the pants line looked solid.good strong material.the knees are doubled up,stretch matrerial in the crotch area.they remind me of the pants made by nexed.,but alittle bit stonger.nice design and colors. I think there going to be coming out with more stuff in the future.

I'd like to see a good quality pant come out, that doesn't look as ridiculous as Mission's designs have been. The only way to get a solid black pant lately is to pony up for the high-end pants.

Some of us once a week beer leaguers don't need high end inline pants, but don't want neon-green or white.

the last few years the Soldier and equivalent level pants have been offered in solid black, I have a pair of Soldiers and D4's that are all black and are great for the price.

interesting to see if the designer behind Valken is Todd Trickle or possibly the old Nexed people since Valken is Jersey based and I recall Joe Colonese being a Jersey native.

I'd like to see a good quality pant come out, that doesn't look as ridiculous as Mission's designs have been. The only way to get a solid black pant lately is to pony up for the high-end pants.

Some of us once a week beer leaguers don't need high end inline pants, but don't want neon-green or white.

Agreed. RBK offers all their pants in plain black. I got the 4k's a couple months ago and theyre pretty nice.

sdcopp,I think some of the nexed guys are a part of valken,but i dont think todd trickle is a part of this group.Im hoping they come out with some girdles,I still have my nexed girdle for the last 7-8 years.I dont care much for the ones that are out there.

Fromm had all the connections with Joe and he's moved on. I live in Tour-land now since CJ is running the programs at the arena here now. Joe's a good guy, good to see him back in the game. Wouldn't mind seeing a new skate line if he's still using the V-Form/Nexed connection, the prototypes for the 2nd gen Stingers were really slick looking

my brother is still rocking the 1st stingers. i think those are a sick skate and theyve held up extremely well considering he's 6'3 and about 240.

Valken is up and running gear is solid. I know Joe and Fromm spent a lot of time working together on different stuff, not surprised they are working together. They both have a lot of connections and Im sure all the Valken stuff will be great. Look out Im guessing they will be all of the roller world soon.

Anyone picked up a pair of these yet? I'm considering picking up a pair as its hard to find pants that match my teams jerseys (teal green) but I reckon these might do the trick.

Would be interested to see what they look like on, if anyone has any pics!

I have a pair of Valken's V-Elite pants. I'm new at inline (old on the ice) and this is my first pair of inline pants. I really like them but have nothing to compare them to. Mine are all black and IMO they look better than any other brand. They are very comfortable too. I don't think they are as roomy as some of the others but I don't wear any kind of girdle either. They actually fit pretty "slim" but have great "flex points" that stretch. I'm really happy with them. Not sure if that helps anybody since I don't have anything to compare them to.

I ordered a bunch for my shop and they will be here next week. When I saw them at the show in vegas last month, the PRO model was extremely thick and durable. It actually looked like a pair of high-end paintball pants. And just as durable all over. I can't wait to try them out. I've used RBK's and Missions in the past, but I'm loving my Tour 10W-40's right now. I have a hunch that I'll like these, too. I'll report more after I try them on.

At TORHS the guy at the stand said that they did paintball at one time under a different name.

I ordered a bunch for my shop and they will be here next week. When I saw them at the show in vegas last month, the PRO model was extremely thick and durable. It actually looked like a pair of high-end paintball pants. And just as durable all over. I can't wait to try them out. I've used RBK's and Missions in the past, but I'm loving my Tour 10W-40's right now. I have a hunch that I'll like these, too. I'll report more after I try them on.

Got the Valken Pro pants on Friday. Tried them on in pick-up. They are nice and form fitting, not too baggy. waist straps are very easy to use. Pants feel much thicker than the Tour 10w-40's that I have, but I like them. The black/black ones are not too flashy, yet comfortable and not too baggy. Conclusion: If you don't mind a thicker heavier pant, and you don't like too much flash, than these will look and work great.

If you want a lighter pant, try their Elite model, and then their Lite model. They get thinner/lighter as the price goes down. I would say the Elite model is as durable as any other pant on the market, and the Pro model is more durable than anything on the market.