Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lee92

mission sx00 skates or similar

has anyone who has used the new mission skates, preferrably the s400's, have the back of them (where the back gets right narrow) rip along the sides. i think the part of the skates called the tenon guard but im not sure. the vapors have the similar back on them as well where it gets narrow. my brothers just got a brand new pair of s400's after using the pure lites, and this his second week using them and on both sides of both skates at the tenon guard, the boots ripping. anyone else have this problem?

I've noticed the problem as well. It's cosmetic and doesn't seem to cause any further damage. As long as Mission removes the plastic/nylon from there in future models it won't be a problem.

if it means anything, he does not lace up the last eyehole, or wraps tape around his skates. his pure lits never had the narrow notches in the sides of the tenon guard, and they never ripped on him. if i can remember correctly, i think he ran into the same problem with his vapor 4's n 10's. he has generally been pretty rough on skates, going thru a pair of amp 7's, vapor 4's, vapor 10's, two pairs of 502's, a pair of 503's, a pair of pure lites, and now the s400's all within about 3-4years

The tendon guard in the Pure Fly/Lite series is different than the one in the S series. The S series is more traditional - the Fly/Lite ones had neoprene which wrapped around.

when you (jr) said they changed the material for the revision of the s series, do u mean that they're re-releasing the s series with this material, or did they change the material on the protoype skates to the ones that are out now?

and is there any way to prevent them from ripping, or is it just something to face and place through? if this was me, i'd hate to have to keep buying skates becuz the tenon guards starting to rip.

It has been fixed for next season as I understand it. If it really bothers you, you can have it stitched up or have a piece of leather sewn over top of the rip.

I used my S300's for a first full practice and they're great. The protection to be is a bit lacking tho. I wouldnt want to go around blocking shots in those bad boys :lol: