Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

numberthirteen

Revision Wheels

A bit of background...

I've been in touch with Revision previously, just talking about personal sponsorship etc for when i come over to Philly this summer to play in the AAU stuff with Team GB. Anyway, i got a few stickers sent free etc.. but RV are sponsoring the entire team, giving them 20% off, so obviously i couldn't get any extra.

Having never tried any Revision wheel whatsoever, or even seen any in person, i decided to buy some off a friend, who gave them me free instead. I got a full set of Variant Platinums, so 72a, and they were for a vanguard, so 76-76-80-80s.

To be honest, i didn't have high expectations of how these wheels would perform. Having always been told be shops that Rink Rat were the best (I found them useless, in 74a, they weren't grippy, weren't fast and lasted me about 1 month) i then tried Labeda (better grip, chunked like hell).

I first skated on them yesterday at GB training on a tiled surface. Amazing! No 'break in period', grip when you needed it on stops, not too much grip on tight turns, no loss of speed despite the low durometer and above all little wear (however, it is yet to be seen how durable they are as the Variants are 'performance' wheels).

So overall, i was really impressed by them, and with the discount they are offering players, i doubt i'll be using any other brand for a while!

DSC00804.jpgDSC00805.jpgDSC00806.jpgDSC00807.jpg

Didn't even know RR made 74A wheels. How much do you weigh? You're on Platinums so obviously not too much.

The platinums are 72a. They are really grippy, but i haven't lost any speed with them at all.

I'm just under 150lbs at about 147.

Funny how your local shop says Rink Rat wheels are the best. I have had terrible experiences with them. On my current skates I have all Labeda Milleniums except for 1 Rink Rat Hot Shot (store didn't have another in the size I wanted, lol) and after 6 or more months of use, the Labedas look like new and are still as grippy as they originally were. However, the Rink Rats are shot. They show signs of wear and look like they are about to chunk. Not buying Rink Rats again.

Glad to hear the Revisions worked well for you. Keep us updated as the long term grip/last is important as I hate to constantly be buying wheels...

I honestly don't know what you guys are on about...

I had my revisions fall apart after only a few skates on SportCourt. Then when I spoke to the Revision rep (who comes on here every now and then) he offered a new set as good will. The set never arrived and considering I'm now into my 4th set of HotShots and they are going strong, I will be sticking with the RR for durability and reliability.

If you guys do a search you will find plenty of topics on Revision wheels, anything from durabilty, size, set-ups, and customer service. They have been discussed on here many many times...Not being a smart ass, just trying to be helpful as you seem to think the wheels just came out. They have been around for years....Wheels and prefrence have been discussed many many times on here also, and every single topic always ends with the same, "its personal prefrence, what works for you individually"...I have used both RinkRat and Revision both for long periods of time and they both worked well....The key to indoor wheels is finding what the right set-up is for you and your skating style....I know guys that use 2 or 3 diffrent brand wheels on their skates because they like the set-up for whatever reason.....For me personally I have found the RinkRats last much longer than revisions, buts thats just me....But really do a search and you can find anything you want to know on either of those wheels....Nice looking skates by the way for both the guys that posted pics of them....

If you guys do a search you will find plenty of topics on Revision wheels, anything from durabilty, size, set-ups, and customer service. They have been discussed on here many many times...Not being a smart ass, just trying to be helpful as you seem to think the wheels just came out. They have been around for years....Wheels and prefrence have been discussed many many times on here also, and every single topic always ends with the same, "its personal prefrence, what works for you individually"...I have used both RinkRat and Revision both for long periods of time and they both worked well....The key to indoor wheels is finding what the right set-up is for you and your skating style....I know guys that use 2 or 3 diffrent brand wheels on their skates because they like the set-up for whatever reason.....For me personally I have found the RinkRats last much longer than revisions, buts thats just me....But really do a search and you can find anything you want to know on either of those wheels....Nice looking skates by the way for both the guys that posted pics of them....

Actually i'm just trying to draw more attention to them than i think they deserve.

Also, they are rapidly expanding into Europe. I know they are not new, but the European members on this board may benefit from the knowledge before they buy the product, especially as Revision sponsoring a lot of events.

Actually i'm just trying to draw more attention to them than i think they deserve.

Also, they are rapidly expanding into Europe. I know they are not new, but the European members on this board may benefit from the knowledge before they buy the product, especially as Revision sponsoring a lot of events.

You said you were coming to Philly. Where exactly are you playing? Sportsplex? I know someone who I think plays on team GB also.

Oh, and how much do the wheels cost?

You said you were coming to Philly. Where exactly are you playing? Sportsplex? I know someone who I think plays on team GB also.

Yeah I'm playing at the Sportsplex in Feasterville.

The wheels? With sponsors and extras, for us, £55 ($85 dollars ish, at the moment) for a set of 8.

Who is it you know? There's a good chance i'll know them, or have played against them as long as they don't play for the senior age group.

Yeah I'm playing at the Sportsplex in Feasterville.

The wheels? With sponsors and extras, for us, £55 ($85 dollars ish, at the moment) for a set of 8.

Who is it you know? There's a good chance i'll know them, or have played against them as long as they don't play for the senior age group.

Thats my home rink. I live right down the street. A guy named Simon Allen. I dont actually know him, but talk to him on facebook from time to time.

13, they got those revison wheels for 9 buck each on IW thats only $72.00 bucks what kind of sponsership is that. I am not saying it isn't cool to think you are sponsered by revision but as the OP said they have been around a while and are pretty well known by the RH community already. And plus you double post on both sites.

Our wheels have been around since 2005, however not choosing to lower the price to be on a skate line such as RBK, TOUR, or Mission made the campaign to make people aware of our brand a little harder than those who chose to do so. I thank all of you for your feedback, as we do take everything into consideration when working on product development. I personally will be at WinterWars in Feasterville March 6th-8th if any of you in that area would like to stop by and check out the product, or ask any questions. I'm not sure about the sponsorship statements being made, but numberthirteen may be refferring to our team program, and I believe he is overseas where shipping, taxes, and duties would make the wheels much more expensive than $72 purchase price at Inlinewarehouse.com . We have made it a priority to attempt to make product more available to those in Europe who have been unfortunate victims of poor distribution channels. For more information on Revision Hockey in Europe visit www.revisionhockey.eu , for those of you in the US www.revisionhockey.com list many of our partners and dealers.

By the way we are giving away pairs of our new Vanquish Skate, checkout www.revisionhockey.com for contest details.

Regards,

Nabeel Gerges

We have made it a priority to attempt to make product more available to those in Europe who have been unfortunate victims of poor distribution channels.

What about Australia's poor distribution!? Nah, I know we arn't enough of a market to get anything for a good price.... I'm still tempted to try out some axis ghosts at some stage depending what the feedback when I start to look for new wheels is like.

@silverclrk

Nabeel is right about the team program. Please consider the fact that the wheels have to be shipped to Europe, customs are applied and of course 19% tax. We will never be able to match US prices because of these added costs. All BIPHA players in the UK get a 25% discount as part of our team program. We are working very hard to enable all European players to be able to buy our products. Not only through our own retail website, but also in local shops. Wheels are already available in shops in France, Denmark, the Netherlands and soon also in Germany. I'm sure other countries will follow shortly.

Regards,

Tim van Heugten

Revision Hockey Europe

@silverclrk

Nabeel is right about the team program. Please consider the fact that the wheels have to be shipped to Europe, customs are applied and of course 19% tax. We will never be able to match US prices because of these added costs. All BIPHA players in the UK get a 25% discount as part of our team program. We are working very hard to enable all European players to be able to buy our products. Not only through our own retail website, but also in local shops. Wheels are already available in shops in France, Denmark, the Netherlands and soon also in Germany. I'm sure other countries will follow shortly.

Regards,

Tim van Heugten

Revision Hockey Europe

:D

Good to hear you sealed the deal with Rob and Nathan.

Roll on the next YGH camps! and nice job on the logo!

(anyone in the UK should check these camps out)

Thats not bad 13 I wasn't trying to up set you or start anything with you. It just seemed like you were whoring yourself out to get a little publicity for revision. I mean I understand where you were coming from but I would just feel cheap after whoring myself. If revision wants to get there product out in the Uk let them do the advertising.

Our wheels have been around since 2005, however not choosing to lower the price to be on a skate line such as RBK, TOUR, or Mission made the campaign to make people aware of our brand a little harder than those who chose to do so. I thank all of you for your feedback, as we do take everything into consideration when working on product development. I personally will be at WinterWars in Feasterville March 6th-8th if any of you in that area would like to stop by and check out the product, or ask any questions. I'm not sure about the sponsorship statements being made, but numberthirteen may be refferring to our team program, and I believe he is overseas where shipping, taxes, and duties would make the wheels much more expensive than $72 purchase price at Inlinewarehouse.com . We have made it a priority to attempt to make product more available to those in Europe who have been unfortunate victims of poor distribution channels. For more information on Revision Hockey in Europe visit www.revisionhockey.eu , for those of you in the US www.revisionhockey.com list many of our partners and dealers.

By the way we are giving away pairs of our new Vanquish Skate, checkout www.revisionhockey.com for contest details.

Regards,

Nabeel Gerges

Youll be at sportsplex? Thats my rink, I might stop by and check it out.

Hey I was at sportsplex yesterday afternoon. I thought you would have a Revision booth somewhere, but all I saw were posters about the new skate coming out. Unless you were in the rink 1 building, becuase I never went in there. But anyways I was going to talk to you about the new skate coming out.

hey silverclrk, i dont think 13 was whoring himself out. Revision can advertise on there own, but some advertising will come from word of mouth and that is what 13 is doing, i'm sure if people from the UK read what he has to say about revision they would like to try a set out. Revision are tiny over here. Me and my buddy run a company called YGH who have just done a deal with Revision and it is amazing how many people ask me what Revision actually is. Its not whoring yourself out. Its advertising. Not trying to start anything, just thats how it gets around here. You wont find a Revision poster, or a set of wheels on a shelf at our rinks, has to come from word of mouth.

Slowride, sorry we missed you. We were there for the busy times of the tournament with our display and a sample of the new skate. Friday 4pm -9pm, Sat 11am -7pm, and Sunday 11am - 4pm or so. We were to the right near Rink #2.

We will have a display and a Revision employee their for the NCRHA finals which I believe are the first week of April as well.

You had a booth there? I was there around 5 on saturday. I saw the poster by the entrance and near the arcade, but that was it. I really wanted to take a look at the new skate and ask a few questions