Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bertuzzi44

Sharpening...

I know at Centenial Hockey Arena in Toronto, they charge about 5-6 dollars or less for sharpenings. The sharperner had been doing this for at likest 30 years, and they speacialize in graf sharpenings cause they are a specialty graf product dealer. I get a perfect edge with my cobras everytime they sharpen em...i only go to sport chek and stuff if its an emergency and i have a game in 15 mins. They hire high school kids that dont care cause they get paid $7 an hour

aslong as u dont get the laser sharpening thats fine because the laser sharpening is just a scam. and just hockey just on steeles is also a graf retailer and we have more stock in skates then centennial does. i know joel takes trade in's which is why hes good that way

BTW the Slick-It is very very flammable. -Don't try this at home- sometimes we use it to take care of our ant problem. "FIRE" :lol: and on several occasions i have seen the sharpening table alive with fire!

I pay 25$ and my lhs gives me a sharpening pass, worth infinite sharpenings from september until march :D But the last guy that sharpened it (played on the Delta Ice hawks) didn't do a very good job, he burned my steel, and I had to get it sharpened after 1 ice time :angry:

Wow, expensie, $3 here for right there in the shop and the guy is a quality sharpener, he profiles for the Oshawa Generals and Peterbourogh Petes. Best sharpenings ever. Period. (untill I get a JR sharpening!)

Wow, expensie, $3 here for right there in the shop and the guy is a quality sharpener, he profiles for the Oshawa Generals and Peterbourogh Petes. Best sharpenings ever. Period. (untill I get a JR sharpening!)

im sorry but one of our guys profiles/sharpens for the carolina hurricanes whenever they play toronto. another guy won us awards from 1995-2001 for best sharpening in NOW magazine, sharpened paul coffeys skates before he played in the edmonton-montreal outdoors game and mounted his SLM's on his skates. we sharpen numerous NHL players skates(coffey,antropov,chistov,zezel,camelari to mention a few) we have a couple guys we sharpen for that play for numerous OHL,ECHL teams.

another thing also it depends on the demographic of where you are. so you should try us once because weve been doing this for 30 yrs.

We have a guy at one of our local shops who works for the WHL team. One of the worst sharpenings I have ever had. If he does their skates as well, God help them!

You know what's funny?

People think they are getting a deal when they are getting sharpening cards and free sharpenings if you buy the skate from their retailer. Now, let me ask you this...

Do you think that the guy sharpening them is actually gonna give a shit how they turn out?

No...

Because it's "free." But you end up paying for it, not in the monetary sense...

A good sharpening will sell itself. Simple.

im sorry but one of our guys profiles/sharpens for the carolina hurricanes whenever they play toronto. another guy won us awards from 1995-2001 for best sharpening in NOW magazine, sharpened paul coffeys skates before he played in the edmonton-montreal outdoors game and mounted his SLM's on his skates. we sharpen numerous NHL players skates(coffey,antropov,chistov,zezel,camelari to mention a few) we have a couple guys we sharpen for that play for numerous OHL,ECHL teams.

another thing also it depends on the demographic of where you are. so you should try us once because weve been doing this for 30 yrs.

What store are you working for?

You know what's funny?

People think they are getting a deal when they are getting sharpening cards and free sharpenings if you buy the skate from their retailer. Now, let me ask you this...

Do you think that the guy sharpening them is actually gonna give a shit how they turn out?

No...

Because it's "free." But you end up paying for it, not in the monetary sense...

A good sharpening will sell itself. Simple.

you know what else is funny? i always get the same guy to sharpen mine and he always does a good job. For free too.

What store are you working for?

just hockey sfs