Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sk8er

Good online hockey shops

I'd stay away from hockeymonkey for international order. I tried to buy something from them once and had a terrible experience.

same thing for me.

The captain of the senior side I play in ordered a massive shipment off them and got it in 7 days! (2x Vector shafts, Hi Ho Silvers, V-12 Shinpads). He was completely happy with the quality and time it took to get here.

Im currently waiting on my order of a pair of Vapor XV gloves from Epuck and Im not happy about the service. I ordered them on Friday 3rd Sept, they left their warehouse on 8th Sept! Now its the 10th and UPS tells me they won't be delivered until the 14th as they don't deliver on Weekends. Im gonna try and pick them up today at the UPS depot as their cust. serv. chick said they would come into their stores today.

You could try these guys.

http://store.onlineskatehouse.com/

I bought a pair of gloves from them a few months agao. I think I ordered on a Thursday or Friday and had them the following Thurs. Mind you I'm in Hamilton, ON and they are in Detroit, so it was hardly a long way to go.

It looks liek the y have a 3rd party for Intn'l orders...there is a logo in the top right that explains it.

aussie Joe,

what time did you order them on a friday?? if it was later in the day and their UPS had come already..or it was past a certain time..then there was sat/sun - no UPS pickup outside of Next Day or sonic Air..and Monday was a federal holiday..so also nothing outside of non international etc.so it went out the next day UPS picked up...

aussie Joe,

what time did you order them on a friday?? if it was later in the day and their UPS had come already..or it was past a certain time..then there was sat/sun - no UPS pickup outside of Next Day or sonic Air..and Monday was a federal holiday..so also nothing outside of non international etc.so it went out the next day UPS picked up...

Yeah, if the order was placed after 2:30 on Friday, it wouldn't have gotten processed until Tuesday because of the holiday. Shipping on the 8th might be a little slow but not too bad given the circumstances.

dont use hockey and skate outlet for int'l orders. i ordered 2 sticks thinking they would come in one box. they came at 2 different times and i got 75 dollars in duties on each.

Kempshockey.com - used many times, terrific service. They're based in NY state - I'm in MA. If my order is ready to ship by 3:00 pm, I get it next day for no shipping cost, and $3.50 "handling charge".

Greatskate.com - horrible experience. Ordered Easton z-air comp skates for #2 son, planning on taking advantage of Easton's summer stick promotion. Ordered the skates on-line, everything went ok. Open up package 3 days later, they shipped me the wrong skates. Instead of the '04 model which they had pictured on the website, they sent me the '03 model. After a call to them in which I spoke to the shipping mgr, here's what I was told:

- They (and Easton) were out of the '04 in the size I ordered, so they sent me the '03 (WITHOUT even a phone call to ask, and AT THE '04 PRICE!!!)

- There are only cosmetic changes between the '03 and '04 skates, otherwise the skates are the same.

- They offered the skates at 50% off since I'm now complaining.

- They filled out the stick coupon with the '04 model information, but didn't sell that to me. (How would it look when Easton receives the stick coupon and the '03 model UPC?)

My next call was to Easton. Easton told me that there were "definately" internal changes to the boot, and that the changes were not merely cosmetic. Easton guy told me to buy the skates I wanted, keep the stick coupon, and send it directly to the him @ Easton and he would take care of me.

I did just that, sent in the coupon, and had the si-core in less than 3 weeks.

I called BBB and filed a complaint with Greatskate. A month later same guy I complain to (shipping mgr) calls and says that Easton now has more '04 skates, do I want a pair and BTW - "I called Easton and asked to have you STILL take part in the stick promotion. They weren't too happy about that, but I convinced them it was the right thing to do." I informed Mr. Shipping Mgr about my dealings with Easton and sent the kill shot right across Mr. Shipping Mgr's bow. The ONLY reason he called me back was the complaint I lodged with the BBB. Greatskate's response to the BBB was that the website didn't specifically state the skates were the '04 model - only the picture was the '04 model.

Easton? Great job - great products (son loves 'em)

Kemps? Would and will do business again.

Greatskate? They won't get my business again. Any chance I have to spread this information, I will. Terrible customer service. Bait-and-switch selling practice. This may be just one transaction, but for me it is a 100% rate of failure.

-JimMcK

dont use hockey and skate outlet for int'l orders. i ordered 2 sticks thinking they would come in one box. they came at 2 different times and i got 75 dollars in duties on each.

It came in split order because it costs less than if they had ship your 2 sticks in one package.

It came in split order because it costs less than if they had ship your 2 sticks in one package.

they came like 4 weeks apart.

I placed my order with E-Puck about 10:45am, New York time. (If that makes any sense.) Monday was a National holiday!!! Damn I really should move stateside you guys get WAYY more days off. lol.

I bought a pair gloves (Nike Invisio Blue/Yellow) just before christmas from epuck.com and i live in sweden. It took 2 days and they delivered it to my door.

Epuck.com is the one and only

I bought a pair gloves (Nike Invisio Blue/Yellow) just before christmas from epuck.com and i live in sweden. It took 2 days and they delivered it to my door.

Epuck.com is the one and only

How much did they charge for the shipping and which service was it? UPS?

I used e-puck to get a pair of red tacklas that I couldn't find in stores (and I was in Toronto at the time :rolleyes:) anyway, I had them within 2 days. Good price, too.

Could some of you Canadians tell me how much you've had to pay for shipping to get gear from the US, and from what store?