Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

calishark28

How much longer til the Edge practice socks release

It's almost march and my lhs still has no clue when the release is going to be. Does anyone know how much longer it's going to be. And will they be releasing more colors of the practice jerseys as well?

Not sure on the 2-color practice socks but the solid-color retail ones are out. I hope to have a pair of black ones and a pair of white ones soon to match the black and white practice jerseys I have.

There's a guy on eBay who sells them along with the practice jerseys. Seems to have been very dependable thus far for people. He can get a few colors at this time with a few more coming later he said.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Reebok-NHL-Gamewear-...%3A1%7C294%3A50

I ordered from this guy this past weekend and he emailed me immediately saying he placed my order. I assume he is placing orders with Reebok as they come in. My impression is that I probably won't get the socks for several weeks.

There's a guy on eBay who sells them along with the practice jerseys. Seems to have been very dependable thus far for people. He can get a few colors at this time with a few more coming later he said.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Reebok-NHL-Gamewear-...%3A1%7C294%3A50

I ordered from this guy this past weekend and he emailed me immediately saying he placed my order. I assume he is placing orders with Reebok as they come in. My impression is that I probably won't get the socks for several weeks.

Yep, he said they're available but it usually takes a couple weeks for him to get product for his orders. I'm fine with the wait. He seemed like a straight-shooter and his feedback also points to that.

I'm sure you guys know those are retail and not pro stock, right?

The pro stock ones are obviously more desired, but this guy on my mens team whose brother plays in the show gets the pro stock ones and has a few pairs of the retail S100 team color ones and they have been holding up about the same.

I'm sure you guys know those are retail and not pro stock, right?

Yep, but they'll do for now. I have a pair of the retail team ones and they're fine.

Agreed

Please don't flame me, but can someone tell me why these are more desirable (expensive) than regular socks?

Lighter and cooler primarily. The pro ones are tighter for a more snug fit, but the retail ones are about the same as the Pro XL, so that part is kind of negated if you're not a larger guy.

Please don't flame me, but can someone tell me why these are more desirable (expensive) than regular socks?

I don't notice much of a difference with the retail EDGE socks I have. Every now and then I feel a breeze of cool air on my thighs, because the EDGE have mesh there. But for the most part, they feel no different than my regular hockey socks. They do look cool though. The shin pads I use have the wrap-around calf protectors, maybe that's why I don't notice any difference in breathability?

you know what I notice about the mesh socks I've tried? They dont friggin stick to my itech jock's velcro, irritates the hell out of me.

I found a guy selling straps to use instead of tape. They're black neoprene and just Velcro onto themselves. You trim the length as needed, and they're about 1 1/4" wide or so. Very slick deal as it eliminates the taping.

Little help:

1) What sizes do these come in? Any junior sizes?

2) How do they (or don't they) attach to the jock shorts with velcro?

3) Are these sold elsewhere (retail) or are the edge socks harder to find?

Thanks.

have velcro on front, many sew another patch of velcro on back.......if you buy retail (pro XL) they sag at the back .....also depends on size of leg/shinguard