Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Pro EDGE vs 6100

About to get my first EDGE jersey (STL 3rd) but I'm a bit wary of the size.

I'm a 46 chest and wear 56 in 6100s quite comfortably (54 is actually the best fit as 56's sleeves are a tad long), but am concerned about the fit of the EDGE jerseys. I won't be playing in it, but I don't want a really tight-fitting jersey.

Should I go 56 or go 60 in EDGE?

I forgot to mention earlier, I haven't tried the pro EDGE but I do have an authentic EDGE, in 56. It fits pretty close to what I'd imagine a 52 5100 would fit like. Not too tight to wear around the neighborhood but I'd probably prefer a 58. So if the fit is similar(retail compared to pro) a 58 or 60 would work... but I'm not sure how the pro EDGE fits.

I mean the one with the Playdry materials, the one available in stores.

Is it practice or game? I have an EDGE practice in 56 and that is tight, I'm looking for those who have the authentic EDGE.

A friend of mine wears a size 60 pro edge jersey on my team and it fits a bit larger than XXL retail edge jerseys. I think 58 will be good if you're not going to be wearing gear under it but either way both will fit very similar.

Here is a comparison photo between a retail size XXL edge jersey (white jersey on the bottom) VS a pro edge jersey in size 54.

3310438525_a72e7e9cee.jpg

3310440123_8d1a590ae3.jpg

Here is the pro edge jersey 54 VS a size XL retail practice jersey.

3311270962_379ea2765e_b.jpg

I have a Penguins EDGE II from last years playoffs, and its a 56. The sleeve lengths are the length as my Penguins 54 from the 2006-2007 playoffs (6100's). Id say 56 would fit you fine.

hope that made some type of sense :D