Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thundros85

Torspo Surge 221

thundros85 Posted Today, 06:01 PM

Anyone have any insight on these Torspo skates?? They seem pretty innovative and in my opinion are very nice looking as well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Torspo-Hockey-Surge-22...A1%7C240%3A1318

KOR hockey came out with the Shift 1's, then left the Chinese factory they manufactured their skates out of and went to their own factory in Mexico. Rumour has it the Chinese factory sold the mold for those skates to Torspo...that makes sense as I own KOR Shift 1's for ice and use converted Torspo 221's for roller and the fit after baking is identical. The tongue on the Torspo's isn't as thick, there's no toe glove, the tendon guard is bigger and they colours are different, but the Shift 1 and the Torspo's almost feel like the same skate. The 221's also use a different holder and steel...I don't know how good those are, but I do really like the Mission Pitch 3 holders and steel on my KORs. There are some threads on both the Torspo skates and a few big threads on the KORs so if you search for those and read through them you should have all the info you need.

PS...the Shift 1's were on closeout for as low as $99 (some sizes are still available on ebay for that price). You can also find Shift 2's for around $175US on ebay. The 221's are a nice skate, but I wouldn't pay $429 for them when you can get a very similar skate for much less...if you look around you can likely also find the 221's for much less, but I'd lean toward the KORs with Pitch holders and steel on them.

Thank you, Im aware of that. I just grabbed a quick pic to throw onto the post. Also I wouldnt buy online, unless I was able to try them on first. Just wanted to see if anyone had any feedback or insight on these skates, since I have only seen them online, and not in any local pro shops. Thanks, appreciate the input.

Would also be good to mention that the Shift 1 fits different from the Shift 2 or what ever the second Kor Boot was called.

The second Kor boot had more volume. I wear a wide in graf and like the fit of Tacks. The Shift2 was a large very high volume boot. This was discussed on here. The fit is not the same. If I remember correctly the Torpso fits like the shift1 Kor boot.

No comment on the skates per se...but if you're buying online, I'd look for a place that will return/exchange the skate for ya.

http://www.summitonline.com/product/149030...e+Hockey+Skates

Same price - free shipping - and they accept returns if they do not fit. Just b/c it's on ebay doesn't mean it's a deal.

Summit is bargain sports, the ebay seller he linked to.

The Surge skates are going on a close out... heard that Torspo are releasing a new skate this year, and trying to clear stock.

They were coming out with a new skate last year..Sort of looked like the current Vapors, but I have yet to see a new skate come out. So I'm not sure what is going on there.

The surge 221 that I've got look like the vapors, with the color scheme being the most obvious ... some of the guys on my team thought I was using vapors until they took a closer look.

Got a couple pairs of brand new ones I'm trying to get rid of... not because of the quality, but because I'm still using the first pair after a year and it doesnt look like breaking down anytime soon.

I just went to the Torspo warehouse sale and picked up a pair of the 221 Pro (clear) - 10D for $50. They are located in Ramsey, MN. They are overstock and a new design is in the works.

other-

one piece 85 flex stick $70

gloves $20-50.