Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hockeyman9621

Vapor XX forward flex

Hey guys,

I'm on the market for new skates, my first choice was Graf and some how he(the salesman) talked my mom out of getting grafs........... so my question is, what is the forward flex like once you work it in? I tried them on and the fit my foot like a glove but when i tested the forward flex it was like trying to flex a xx stiff shaft without a blade. LoL okay, maybe not THAT stiff but you get my point.

Thanks a lot.

What is wrong with 703s?

That's what I was going for today, but the salesman said they weren't as good or as high-tech as the new materials. And now my mom doesn't think I should get them, I've been using grafs for almost 3 years now.

Okay. I have absolutely cherished every pair of XXs that I have had, and this is one of the big reasons why:

I was in the same boat as you are now when I first tried on a pair. Couldn't possibly be a better fit for me. But, the boots felt a little too stiff for my taste. I figured that they would lose some of the rigidity once they got baked and worked in a little more. If not, I could always get at least most of my money back on Ebay (this was when the XXs were still new on the market). I skated in them a few times and just fell in love (yes, I actually fell in love with a pair of skates. Call me what you will...). Not only did they lose the stiffness, but that actually felt like they broke down AROUND my foot. I know a lot of people who have said they didn't like this. I know there are quite a few guys on this board who loathe the XXs for this reason. Now, since I am not you, I can't possibly tell whether you are going to love them or hate them once they turn to butter. Personally, I think the skates only get better with age.

If I were you I think I would probably get the skates and see what happens. If you end up going totally gaga like I did, then it will be well, well worth it. After going from the old 8s to the 10s to the XXs, I can probably say I am going to be in Bauers for as long as I am on the ice.

I am not sure I have not been to any sports stores for a while other than Nationals and The Edge. I would be concerned about a possible breakdown of the skates like LKPT mentioned because your last skates have all been fairly stiff, however if you are looking for flex it may not be a bad idea, the missions are also supposed to have a very good amount of forward flex.

Okay. I have absolutely cherished every pair of XXs that I have had, and this is one of the big reasons why:

I was in the same boat as you are now when I first tried on a pair. Couldn't possibly be a better fit for me. But, the boots felt a little too stiff for my taste. I figured that they would lose some of the rigidity once they got baked and worked in a little more. If not, I could always get at least most of my money back on Ebay (this was when the XXs were still new on the market). I skated in them a few times and just fell in love (yes, I actually fell in love with a pair of skates. Call me what you will...). Not only did they lose the stiffness, but that actually felt like they broke down AROUND my foot. I know a lot of people who have said they didn't like this. I know there are quite a few guys on this board who loathe the XXs for this reason. Now, since I am not you, I can't possibly tell whether you are going to love them or hate them once they turn to butter. Personally, I think the skates only get better with age.

If I were you I think I would probably get the skates and see what happens. If you end up going totally gaga like I did, then it will be well, well worth it. After going from the old 8s to the 10s to the XXs, I can probably say I am going to be in Bauers for as long as I am on the ice.

The skates broke down around your foot? I know what you mean, but I'm just wondering if they lost stiffness on the outside? Like taking a shot in the foot.

well, i think the g3's are 649.99 cdn. the g35's were that price at my lhs so i'm guesstimating that the g3's are in the same range. i picked up a pair of the 703's the other day becuz the 625's i just bought had warped holders and steel, and when we brought them back they only had 703's in my size n we got them for the same price as the 625's. i dunno what it is about the 703's, but the forward flex on them is amazing. i bend my foot so far forward, and it doesnt even look like the boots bending at all. plus they're light as a feather to me.

Like easy stated, the Missions have good forward flex... especially the Pure Fly's.

I posted a pair of size 10's used only a couple of times by my neighboor before he had to get a total knee replacement & quit hockey... for good (crazy bastard). Only if you're a size 10.5 US shoe, then go to the "sale" posts, if not, I'd recommend looking at the Missions at a local level and they usually run only a half-size smaller than your street shoes.

Hope this helps :)

XXs dont have as much forward flex as most grafs. I'd go with Grafs, despite what the salesperson had told your mom. they are a good skate and sound like it's what you want and are looking for.

I'm on the market for new skates, my first choice was Graf and some how he(the salesman) talked my mom out of getting grafs

That's why I usually just smile and nod when the salesperson is saying something. Unfortunately, most of the time they don't have a clue as to what the Hell they are talking about (there are obviously exceptions to the rule). If you go into the store knowing what you want you shouldn't let him make your decisions for you.

If you want the Grafs, you should go with the Grafs. If you get the XXs and decide that you don't like them, then you will end up with alot of "what-ifs" going through your head.

I'm on the market for new skates, my first choice was Graf and some how he(the salesman) talked my mom out of getting grafs

That's why I usually just smile and nod when the salesperson is saying something. Unfortunately, most of the time they don't have a clue as to what the Hell they are talking about (there are obviously exceptions to the rule). If you go into the store knowing what you want you shouldn't let him make your decisions for you.

If you want the Grafs, you should go with the Grafs. If you get the XXs and decide that you don't like them, then you will end up with alot of "what-ifs" going through your head.

We always have this salesman. He's really knowledgeable and a nice guy. Just he really likes nike. He really wants me to get them(V-12's) or bauers.