Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

asr

new elbow pad...i serched...honest

hang with me. I searched and read two very good threads. Seems that M-1's are a popular choice, as are Easton Air's. Myself I have always worn JOFA protection..problem is that i prefer a size small in JOFA for a nice tight fit, and JOFA only makes small available in there lower end stuff [lower end is debatable i know :)]. I dont play high end hockey, but it is more important for me to make it to work the next day then to haver a little more freedom so i score that extra 0.03 goals a season...thus i want protection. I always have thought that Mission made theie mark in roller, and that this is there main area of concern, makes me a little nervous about using there product for ice. and i have felt..with some product in the past, that Easton made some stuff just to have a complete priduct line figuring that if they paid athaletes enough money to use it we would buy it. OK...so are the M-1's really that good...or for a little more should i go for the Easton air..or spend another $10 and get the Synergy? Sorry for the long post, the other two were definitly infomative...it is just that some of us buy new equipment only when we care afford it, and it better last becasue it will be years before we can afford it again. TIA

Thanks JR, i guess the real Q is,..si the XX44 better then the M-1? I would have thjough so, but seems like lots of people love that M-1.

Thanks for your knowledge!! Much apreciated

My two favorite Elbow pad manufactures are NIKE and EASTON. Both of them make very nice, protective, mobile pads. I'd check out them both also.

Thanks JR, i guess the real Q is,..si the XX44 better then the M-1? I would have thjough so, but seems like lots of people love that M-1.

Thanks for your knowledge!! Much apreciated

I think your going to get just about the same amount of protection with either, but it comes down to what kind of design you'd prefer. THe Missions are in the 3-piece design and the Jofas are the two piece. Niether is a tank. The Mission and the Jofa both are light. The Mission breaths a little better because of the foams used. THe Jofa is a slimmer profile and isn't as big.

I feel that the Missions to be little open/exposed if you've got your arm extended all the way out. When you close it up it's fine.

Now for getting them tight, I wear a small Mission and can make my hand fall asleep if I lash them down hard.

If you want a moster set of elbow pads, grab a pair of Sherwood 9950's. That's what I use to have and you can blunt shotguns with those. Not the most comfortable, but they are brutes. All the protection.

I'd say stick with what you know if you're using the Jofas or ones like it for now. If it works why change, but if you want to go out of the box a little bit go for the Missions. If price becomes your ultimate judge, then go with the cheaper and save some loot. You'll do fine with which ever wins.

i was never a big jofa fan, but i do like my 8025(?) ep's, the ones without bicep guards

Same with me. They stay in place quite well and aren't bulky at all.

Im wearing some old school Mission Warp Zero's ATM. They look so big and baulky but fit like a dream. If it weren't for that fact that they fell apart after 2 uses I would reccomend Mission. One of the kids I used to coach wears Nike V-12's and swears by them, he had middle range Jofas before hand.