Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

benz88

Hockey Shops in Orlando

since I live near Hunters Creeks it might be quicker going John Young to Beech(Bee) Lne to I 4 to MAitland west or Osceola PKY to I-4 etc...

i'm glad I found this thread. I might be moving to Orlando this summer. good to know there is a hockey scene down there and a place to buy gear. Is RDV the name of the shop itself? or is the shop inside of this RDV place?

good to know there is a hockey scene down there and a place to buy gear.

and a place to get FBV sharpenings and a place to get custom skates and a MSH admin...LOL all rolled up together.

thanks, i'll look it up if I end up there.

good to know there is a hockey scene down there and a place to buy gear.

and a place to get FBV sharpenings and a place to get custom skates and a MSH admin...LOL all rolled up together.

awesome! I will ask for you personally JR! and not to sound stupid, but what is FBV?

The Bee Line is a toll road isn't it? Bring some change with you.

Yep...now renamed the Beach Line. But us locals never take tollroads...

When I lived there I was constantly on the 408 or 417. Getting to RDV required regular roads though- Red Bug to 436, I think. Did maitland Blvd connect to 436?

no change needed if you catch the Beach/Bee Line at JYP, the tolls are near the Airport

no change needed if you catch the Beach/Bee Line at JYP, the tolls are near the Airport

And they light you up on the segment between the airport and I-4.

hey im heading to orlando next week. does anyone know if rvd has anything good in the pro shop.

When are you coming and what are you looking for?

Yep...now renamed the Beach Line. But us locals never take tollroads...

When I lived there I was constantly on the 408 or 417. Getting to RDV required regular roads though- Red Bug to 436, I think. Did maitland Blvd connect to 436?

No, Maitland and 436 run parallel.

Seriously, I was down there a couple of years back and there wasn't much in the way of any stores that carried anything close to what you'd consider decent hockey equipment. Down south it's mostly football, baseball and basketball that spike the American sports fan interest. Ice hockey is a sport reserved for the Canadian snowbirds and vacationers, but mostly in Tampa and Miami. Not a big local draw amoung the locals.

BS.

There is a "decent' LHS in Orlando, and one of the top 10 rinks in the US as well.

We have 6 adult leagues here, all having at least 8-10 teams in each division.

Down here in S. Flroida too. I have 3 rinks within 15 minutes of me. A single rink, a double rink, and the one where I paly at, is a 3 rink facility. It is Incredible Ice, and it is an extremely nice facility and has a good pro shop. The pro shop just doubled in size with the revovations. They also added the third rink and training facilites for the Florida Panthers. There are a ton of leagues at all the area rinks. Mine has 6 adult divisions and anywhere from 6 to 12 teams in each...and more added every season. The hockey rinks and scene is infinitely better than the ones I grew up in up in upstate NY.

I am going to Orlando on vacation soon and i was wondering where your shop is located JR? (assuming i have read this right and you do have a shop near there.) i would love to go there.

What are shop stock levels likely to be in the summer months? I am coming over to Orlando from Scotland in July and was hopefully looking to get some new skates when i am there.

I know the shops over here can have limited stock in the off season but don't know what it'd be like in the states as i have never been.

cheers

1 rink in Miami-Dade County

5 rinks in FLL/Palm Beach area

1 in Orlando

1 in Kissimmee

4 in Tampa Bay area

2 in Ft Myers

1 in Jacksonville

2 in Daytona/Space Coast area

1 in Pensacola

You posted that Orlando has one of the top 10 rinks in the US and TBL posted that the adult leagues at ISF were rated in the top 25 in the Nation out of 500. Are these rankings just your opinions or are there people that go around and do some sort of official rankings for rinks and leagues.

Hi, what are the opening times for the shop at the RDV? Is it just normal business opeing hours?

I am going to be in Orlando next week and want to come up and have a look.