Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sikocycles

Can CCM pro light 3s buckle

I was playing saturday and could have swore my prolight buckled when I made a hard turn. When I look at it now it looks fine. I am 6'5" 225 can that happen. I did a search and found nothing.

Thanks in advance

my cousin played junior hockey for many years and he always wore ccm tacks. but he ALWAYS switched the prolites for tuuks. hes never had anything good to say about them.

Hey fellas. Honestly, I'm surprised about the amount of criticism against ProLite 3's. As I only weigh 165 pounds so I don't think I have much to worry about (other than a puck impact perhaps), but I see lots of NHLers with them. Do they have reinforced ones?

Just wondering what the root of the problem is as I often wonder if I should switch to TUUCKs based on the comments I read here. Is it only a strength thing or do TUUCKs help with other aspects of the power/energy transfer?

I know so much is personal preferences, but it seems like a lot of Modsquaders use CCM boots with Tuuck on them and I've never had the chance to try them out.

When I used CCM skates, I always used Tuuks. Porlites are great for small guys or people who never block shots. We replaced 20 prolites for every 1 other holder.

At my old job, I had to replace so many Prolites with Tuuks and they'd usually break at the front towers of the holder. I just think that the design of them is quite poor in terms of structural integrity. Sure I've seen broken tuuks but the prolite 3 tends to break with far more frequency from my experience.