Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosydar

Leafs 09-10 Thread

after these moves i cant wait for the next game to start. i might actually watch the whole game this time.

i think we have jersey next. should be fun to watch.

also really interested in seeing who some of the callups will be...hanson and stalberg...who else could they bring up from the marlies?

here is an article on the leafs latest

just some quick pointers about the article

in Practice:

Phaneuf was on the top powerplay line

he was paired with Francois Beauchemin

Exelby gave up No.3 to Phaneuf and took No.7

Finger was put on a forward line/Role (this is very interesting)

and it looks as though Giguere will get the majority of starts the rest of the way.

here is the article

Leafs Latest at Practice

here is an article on the leafs latest

just some quick pointers about the article

in Practice:

Phaneuf was on the top powerplay line

he was paired with Francois Beauchemin

Exelby gave up No.3 to Phaneuf and took No.7

Finger was put on a forward line/Role (this is very interesting)

and it looks as though Giguere will get the majority of starts the rest of the way.

here is the article

Leafs Latest at Practice

I think there is a forward coming up from the Marlies for the game tomorrow...probably just a practice spot to not have another guy on the NHL payroll for an extra day.

i was pretty surprised to see how late Keith Aulie went in the draft

he is apparently a real good skater and a good dman (developing dman)

anyone have a more detailed scouting report on him. i know he was in the world juniors playing with Tyler Myers (now property and playing with the buffalo sabres)

Late bloomer. He's had more than a few 'awkward moments' in junior - but then again, if your goddamned body wouldn't stop growing, you'd have a few of those too. :) Huge potential as a shutdown guy, with definite Chara possibilities if he fills out and improves his coordination. Very, very impressive at the WJC.

I like pairing Phaneuf with Beauchemin; puts him in a similar role to what he was in back in Anaheim, as a support guy for a genuine #1 guy.

Classy move by Exelby, especially as he's on his way out of town anyway.

The advantage to keeping Finger up (at least for now), is that a team with major injuries on the back-end (eg. Vancouver) may get desperate if their guys don't hurry back. Nolan Baumgartner & co. were holding the fort fairly well out West, but they're beginning to get exposed. While Finger won't net a high pick or a prospect, a straight waiver move is certainly possible which would take his $3.5M through 2012 (IIRC) off the books, and a late- to mid-round pick isn't entirely out of the question either. Burke can always play the financial card, and say that they're happy to pay him to watch games from the press box, forcing any team that wants him to give them something. On the other hand, I'm sure he'd be thrilled just to see the back of him.

But why, why, WHY do they stick Kulemin with Wallin and Sjostrom? The guy could be a legitimate first-liner, and they stick him with the new guy and Captain Invisible.

I mean, it's bad enough on Sjostrom, coming into Toronto and getting assigned to a line that has to play 'Where's Wallin?' instead of hockey.

Late bloomer. He's had more than a few 'awkward moments' in junior - but then again, if your goddamned body wouldn't stop growing, you'd have a few of those too. :) Huge potential as a shutdown guy, with definite Chara possibilities if he fills out and improves his coordination. Very, very impressive at the WJC.

I like pairing Phaneuf with Beauchemin; puts him in a similar role to what he was in back in Anaheim, as a support guy for a genuine #1 guy.

Classy move by Exelby, especially as he's on his way out of town anyway.

The advantage to keeping Finger up (at least for now), is that a team with major injuries on the back-end (eg. Vancouver) may get desperate if their guys don't hurry back. Nolan Baumgartner & co. were holding the fort fairly well out West, but they're beginning to get exposed. While Finger won't net a high pick or a prospect, a straight waiver move is certainly possible which would take his $3.5M through 2012 (IIRC) off the books, and a late- to mid-round pick isn't entirely out of the question either. Burke can always play the financial card, and say that they're happy to pay him to watch games from the press box, forcing any team that wants him to give them something. On the other hand, I'm sure he'd be thrilled just to see the back of him.

But why, why, WHY do they stick Kulemin with Wallin and Sjostrom? The guy could be a legitimate first-liner, and they stick him with the new guy and Captain Invisible.

I mean, it's bad enough on Sjostrom, coming into Toronto and getting assigned to a line that has to play 'Where's Wallin?' instead of hockey.

don't get that either he deserves to play with kessel or the second line

sjostrom just got his first point as a leaf....

atta boy Kulemin...keep on truckin. i like how this kid is developing. boat loads of talent.

anyone hear about komisareks season being over (he stated it during morning practice...)

WOW

kessel looks super tired, and he needs to stop trying for the toe drag and just shoot the damn thing

Kessel always looks super tired when he doesn't have the puck. Perhaps that's why he hasn't won a puck battle or attempted anything more than a half-assed backcheck all season. The Leafs are really going to have to work some magic to get someone to play with him to mask his deficiencies.

good game, kinda boring but thats what you get for watching the devils :huh:, the thing with jiggy and the mask at the end was interesting wonder what is the right call for that

Blow the damn whistle - that's the right call.

Giguere's grace period starts tonight; 15 games max, unless the Leafs' D undergoes a massive renaissance.

atta boy Kulemin...keep on truckin. i like how this kid is developing. boat loads of talent.

anyone hear about komisareks season being over (he stated it during morning practice...)

WOW

Did Komisarek play this year?

WOW

I thougth he was in some of the practice footage of Dion's first practice...I assuemd he may be close to returning...then I hear all this "season is over' stuff. When they said his spot on Team USA was in jeopardy, I assumed they meant becasue he would be out of game shape from not playing...not becuase the injury was so bad.

WOW

I thougth he was in some of the practice footage of Dion's first practice...I assuemd he may be close to returning...then I hear all this "season is over' stuff. When they said his spot on Team USA was in jeopardy, I assumed they meant becasue he would be out of game shape from not playing...not becuase the injury was so bad.

I'm pretty sure its a shoulder injury, and that hes still been skating so maybe he was just practicing in all the drills except for the ones that involve contact. An article in the star said that Burke originally stated that Komi would have to play at least 5 games before the olympics in order to play. If he is able to play in this next, it will be four games instead and Burke said he'd make an exception to what he said.

Apparently he was supposed to see the doctor today, so i guess his olympics are riding on what they say to him.

WOW

I'm pretty sure its a shoulder injury, and that hes still been skating so maybe he was just practicing in all the drills except for the ones that involve contact. An article in the star said that Burke originally stated that Komi would have to play at least 5 games before the olympics in order to play. If he is able to play in this next, it will be four games instead and Burke said he'd make an exception to what he said.

Apparently he was supposed to see the doctor today, so i guess his olympics are riding on what they say to him.

Doc says done for the season. Him and Martin will be replaced by Whitney and/or Gleason on Team USA.

as much as i wasnt impressed with his play this season i hope he gets well soon.

maybe it was the injury that was causing him to have a bad transition game, stupid penalties, and basically not do anything out there but be a liability.

get well soon.

now is it exelby or finger that takes his spot?

probably exelby as they need to up his trade value?

did you guys watch sjostrom move on the PK...WOW

that kid has wheels

nice to see beauch shoot again

Agreed, Sjostrom has some skill, so far the new additions for the Leafs are looking good but who knows how long that will last.

did you guys watch sjostrom move on the PK...WOW

that kid has wheels

nice to see beauch shoot again

Agreed, Sjostrom has some skill, so far the new additions for the Leafs are looking good but who knows how long that will last.

as long as we dont finish worst 5 in the league or out of the lottery draft...its all good

even if we finish 5th its not too bad...but knowing our luck, we will get the ball for Hall...DOH!!!!