Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosydar

Leafs 09-10 Thread

did anyone notice how loud the crowd got after toskala made those 2 saves against atlanta...especially the front row?

i didnt know the ppl in the front row were real... :o

good game though...nice to see Toskala make a few good saves.

i dunno about you guys, but this is more domination than last time and its so damn fun to watch

edit: spoke too soon again

edit again: primeau was amazing in that game, damn can he skate

lol best quote of the night "the entire leaf bench chirping at semin (as he skated by) to get up" :P

great game, toskala's playing amazingly

yea hes really been sharp lately.... if he can keep it up does burke trade him at the deadline for a nice return or keep him and re-sign? one guy on sportsnet was saying thers no way he is getting another contract in toronto... I wonder if Gustavsson is capable of being a #1 by next october

there was this comment of youtube that made me lol...they were talking why the acc is always so quiet (and i agree) but some guy (or gal) just writes "because true leaf fans just can't afford those damn tickets" :P:D

there was this comment of youtube that made me lol...they were talking why the acc is always so quiet (and i agree) but some guy (or gal) just writes "because true leaf fans just can't afford those damn tickets" :P:D

my point exactly...ive been preaching that everywhere for the longest time lol

its too damn quiet...anythng lowerbowl you can hear a pin drop during a game.

that washington game was a fun game to watch...reminds meof that NYR game last year when we fell behind and JOHN MITCHELL took over...

luke schenn is going to have a pretty good bounce back game...

he looked like he was going to explode when they were showing him sitting in the box.

i wonder how long before Gunnarrson gets back. that kid is an amazing hockey player.

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2009/12/14...watch-2010.html

lil more white coming back to the jersey? not the white part i want (the shoulders) but this'll do for now

Nice! bout damn time. I think it would look nice without the "TML" shoulders, but w/e. Awesome game from Vesa and Komi tonight and a glimpse of brilliance from Phil to go along with it. Two thumbs up although that last minute scared the crap outta me

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2009/12/14...watch-2010.html

lil more white coming back to the jersey? not the white part i want (the shoulders) but this'll do for now

Nice! bout damn time. I think it would look nice without the "TML" shoulders, but w/e. Awesome game from Vesa and Komi tonight and a glimpse of brilliance from Phil to go along with it. Two thumbs up although that last minute scared the crap outta me

haha i had my fork close to my mouth that entire time and completely forgot about my food :P

looking forward to tonights game...apparently the announcers during the flyers and pens game were saying that buffalo was hit with food poisoning...

i think Ryan Miller is in net tonight against Gustavson...should be a fun game to watch. hopefully that loss to phoenix has toronto thinking we have to work hard to win, like we did against washington.

there definitely wasnt a stomach bug at all for buffalo :(

poor vesa.

tonight should be fun to watch....unless we get smoked like the last 2 games...3rd time is a charm?

how the f does that horse collar tackle by chara not get called?!?!?!?!?!?! :angry: its a freaking penalty in football

edit: if i'm savard, i'll be scared shitless for the next game, orr and mayers would most likely be running at him :P guvstavsson played real well, deserved the shutout, it was a turnover-fest though

how the f does that horse collar tackle by chara not get called?!?!?!?!?!?! :angry: its a freaking penalty in football

edit: if i'm savard, i'll be scared shitless for the next game, orr and mayers would most likely be running at him :P guvstavsson played real well, deserved the shutout, it was a turnover-fest though

yah....that was a turnover fest though...gustavson was really solid in net...i was hoping we wouldnt get blown out of the arena again. it was nice to see the fans make some noise in that place too..

after that boychuk hit. i was hoping all hell would break loose near the end of the game.

does anyone remember that playoff series a few years back when sundin got hurt and gary roberts took over against the sens and basically kicked the crap out of Chara...the should put someone on that line with kessell and stajan that can just hit chara non stop like colton orr or something

the worst thing about that chara tackle...stajan gets called for tapping chara with his stick.

great game though...was the gfs house and was yelling at the tv lol

turning out to be a pretty good game. stalberg's (i noticed he used the drury curve, there was a real good shot at the end of the 2nd) really coming along same with kulemin, man is he playing well. on the other hand hagman's cooled off though

does anyone remember that playoff series a few years back when sundin got hurt and gary roberts took over against the sens and basically kicked the crap out of Chara...the should put someone on that line with kessell and stajan that can just hit chara non stop like colton orr or something

To be fair, Chara was playing hurt in that series, and wasn't half the player he is now: he was still coming into his own. He's far better at managing the physical side of the game now, not to mention about ten times more mobile than he was. I also don't think he's the least bit worried about Colton Orr - he's more worried about getting an earful from Julien if he risks a broken hand to let a fourth-liner take him off the ice for five minutes.

Chara's got the same problem Larry Robinson had. He has the credentials and skills to be listed as a heavyweight, and he's built a reputation that buys him a wide berth, but he's too valuable to his team to be taking all comers. This puts him in the awkward position of fighting guys like Lecavalier or Iginla or Doan - who is certainly in his class as a player and leader, but certainly not as a fighter - or career goons like Orr, Laracque and Boogaard. Does anyone think a Norris contender should be risking not only five and a game but his whole season on a guy who pays eight minutes a night?

Agreed. Look at a guy like Bourque, he was only a few seasons in when his fighting days were essentially over. When you have a guy who plays those kind of minutes against the other team's best then you don't want him watching 5 minutes here and there. These guys earn the respect as youngsters and then nobody really looks to go with them.

As for the recommendation of putting a Colton Orr type of player out there with Kessel, that is worse than letting a top defenseman work him over a little. Colton Orr will never hit Phil streaking up the wing with a homerun pass or thread a pass through legs to him on the doorstep.

If the Leafs had an actual player with speed and size, like say Blake Wheeler, putting him on Kessel's line could be valuable. But a minimum level of skill is required and Colton Orr doesn't reach on his best night.