Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JR Boucicaut

Easton Stealth S19

Easton Stealth S19

Flex: 85

Curve: Zetterberg Non-grip

Height: 6'

Weight: 240

Postition: RW/C

Time-frame of use: Since June 2009

Aesthetics: Easton has always done a very good job in this department. However, I cannot comment on the actual S19 graphics as I was given a mule (S17 graphics as I received the stick before the S19 graphics were released.)

N/A

Weight and Balance: Weight is very good on this stick - it is lighter than the two sticks that I had been reviewing in the same timeframe (Warrior Dolomite HD/Bauer Supreme ONE95) however a tad bit heavier than the Ballistik 52 Caliber that I had been using as well. However, being a tad heavier than the last stick is not a knock at all, as I am not necessarily a fan of ultra-light sticks. Balance is very good on the S19 - did not bother me one bit.

9.5/10

Blade: Easton has tweaked their blade from the S17 (which seemed to be a major complaint amongst S17 users. Most complained of blade softness after a few uses. Adding multiple ribs and multiple grades of foam to the S19 blade has seemed to help in the past three months in which I have used the stick.

10/10

Shaft/Flex: Coming from using rounded handles for 7 years, there are few sticks out there that make me happy. This isn't one of them, but that's okay. Obviously my personal preference isn't everyone's, but for review purposes, I dealt with it. (I won't be knocking any points from the overall review for this.)

Another of the complaints coming from the S17 was the flex rating. Most users felt that it was flexier than advertised - which is a direct result of the shaft geometry. Easton rectified this by using their pro stock flex profile, and that was the first thing I noticed - it played to the flex. Unfortunately there's still a bit of extra lag receiving hard passes or cranking one-timers, but it is better than in the past. However, I haven't experienced the wet noodle effect, and that is key.

9/10

Stickhandling and Passing: Adding dual-density foams (top part is structural/bottom part is solid) has helped with the pinginess of Stealths past. I was not experiencing any issues whatsoever stickhandling or passing BLADE-WISE and spare one small chip that happened at the beginning of the review, it has been an easy blade to adapt to.

9.5/10

Shooting: It shoots hard, it shoots true. By far the best aspect of the stick.

10/10

Durability: Since June, I haven't had any structural damage to the stick, spare surface scratches to the elliptical taper and below my hands from slashes.

9.75/10

Conclusion: The Stealth S19 is a marked improvement from the first iteration of their Elliptical Taper concept. I believe those who used the S17 should be pretty satisfied with the S19 because their concerns have been addressed. Thanks goes out to Mike Mountain and Mark Hughes of Easton Hockey for providing me with information as well as the stick. It is always appreciated.

9.62/10

Easton Stealth S19

Flex: 110, uncut with a 3.5-inch extension added

Curve: Sakic Non-Grip

Weight: 260

Postition: roller Defenseman.

Time-frame of use: Purchased in July '10, played roughly 25 games so far.

Recently Used Sticks (past five months): 2010 Easton ST (115-flex), Bauer One85 (112-flex), Sherwood 9950 wood (105-flex)

Intro: To start, I am a ROLLER HOCKEY player, I want everyone to know that before they read too in-depth. I have been a supporter of Easton sticks since they make an effort to offer all three of their lines with 110+ flexes. I have had several ST's and Synergy models. Since I was never able to find a retail 110-flex S17 or CNT, this is my first experience with Easton's Stealth line of sticks.

Aesthetics: I am very happy with the looks of the stick. The paint job is not flashy and appears to be holding up very well. There is some nice exposed Carbon several spots on the stick, but not too much. No complaints here since I am not into the flashy look. 10/10

Weight and Balance: This stick is very balanced, especially when compared to the Easton ST's I have been using lately. Although it may not be as light as the U+ CL's and 10K's I have owned, it is not a heavy stick at all. Of all of the ultra-light sticks I have owned, this one felt the most solid in your hands. CL's and 10K's felt frail and flimsy (they were also lighter flexes). IMO this stick is NOT too light and still keeps a good balance. The only thing that bugs me is that Easton lists "410G" on the stick, which is false. I obviously knew that this stick was closer to 450g before buying it, but I wish Easton would take a lesson from Bauer and just get away from listing weights on their sticks. 9.5/10

Blade: Of the sticks I have used recently, this blade felt the most pingy/jumpy to me. My ST's, One85 and of course my woodie all have better feel than the S19. Again, this is all with a roller puck though... What the blade gives up in feel it gains in shooting power/accuracy. If you are transitioning from ultra-feel sticks like woodies, One95's, etc - the S19 is going to take time to get comfortable with. I will say that the S19 blade does have better feel than the CL's I have owned in the past and I would say it is equal to that of my past SE16's. I knew what I was getting into with blade feel, so I would not say this is disappointing. For a shooters stick, Easton did the best they could. I am going to give this a 9/10 with the fact that I knew this was not going to have wood/One95 feel. One a grand scale, the feel may be a notch or two lower than the grade I gave it.

Shaft/Flex: I am very pleased that this stick plays stiff. Previous Easton's overall have always played whippier than I thought they should for me. Considering my stick is un-cut and has a 3.5" extension added, it still feels just as stiff as any other stick I have used. I have never met a stick that is stiff enough for me (I really need to get a hold of a 140+ flex stick to see where my threshold is!), but am happy with the flex rating. The rest of the shaft seems to have good vibration dampening (something I am very sensitive too) and a good feel in your hands. It is not overly boxy and not overly round. 10/10

Stickhandling and Passing: I am not a dangler, so I am not going to comment on the stickhandling moves. The only comment I have is that the stick allows me to make one-handed moves a bit easier than others I have used recently. I think it is mainly the lower weight and balance though. Receiving passes sometimes cause the puck to jump off the blade a little bit, but is controllable and may be my technique coming from "softer" blades. Again, the S19 blade feels a little jumpy but that is something to be expected in a shooters stick. 9/10

Shooting: The flex point seems very, very, very low to me. Please keep in mind that the ST's, Bauer's and wood I have used recently are all low-mid kick sticks. The S19 feels like it has an ultra-low (below the elliptical taper) kick to me. This took a lot of getting use to for me. My slap shots have suffered in terms of accuracy as the stick kicks much quicker than my others do. Most of my slap shots and snap shots are low on target. I am normally a very high shooter. The blade stiffness and low kick have really seemed to aid my wrist shots and quick shovel shots on net. I would say that quick shooting is what this stick is all about. Like my blade rating, I am going to give this a 10/10 rating keeping in mind that I was not expecting a power stick here. The pattern I selected also does not aid my slap shots (prefer Drury or Getzlaf for them).

Durability: I have only played 25 games with this stick and after about 12 uses I thought the blade was playing slightly softer than before. Since the blade played so stiff during the first few uses this was a cause for concern for me. I took the tape off to make sure there were no stress marks or wear and there was not. I re-taped the blade and although it does not seem as stiff as before, it is still stiff. This actually seemed to help passing and feel a bit, but pucks feel sloppier than before when releasing shots, especially off of the toe. To aid more research I took out a basically brand new Synergy ST and the S19 still felt better! Other than that there are no durability problems at all other than a few chips in the chrome S19 graphic down on the hosel. 9/10

Conclusion: So far I am very happy with my $240 purchase! This stick is really the best-of-the-best in terms of balance, shooting accuracy and quick releases. I think Easton has done a fine job designing this stick for shooters like me. You have to know what you are buying though. If you are a playmaker or power forward, this may not be the best stick for you. The S19 does not do it all, but does what is designed to do very, very well. 9.5/10

Easton S19 Grip

Flex: 85 uncut

Curve: Heatley

Height:6'

Weight:170

Position: RW or Center

Time Frame: around 20 games, playing 3 times a week

Recent Sticks: Bauer x60, Bauer one95, Warrior dolo DD (dragon)

Intro: I've only played ice twice with this stick, so this review is based on roller hockey on ice court. I loved my x60, but wanted to go back to a mid curve, which my lhs didn't have in stock. I saw the s19, like the way it felt, and sad "why not?". Ive loved the kick of it since day one.

Looks: I think that Easton always does a good job with graphics, and this stick is not exception. I love the white highlights on this stick, and it isn't too flashy. Great design and very clean looking. 10/10

Weight: Lightweight stick, although not as light as my x60. Im not a weight whore, I actually don't like overly light sticks, like the CCM Cl.The one thing that does matter to me, is balance. This stick has great balance, without feeling fragile or shaft heavy. Again, no complaints 10/10

Blade Feel: This is where the stick is humbled. Although it isnt as bad as the s17, it is'nt anything worthwhile. It felt softer than my x60, but still fairly pingy. Although, the blade accepts passes fairly easily but still has alot of "pop" on shots. It seems to shoot true and this makes up for the bad feel for me. I tape my blade to the mid-heel, and it hasn't shown much wear. It has not started to chip yet, even though ive heard some complaints about the blade breaking. Overall, I think it deserves 8/10

Shaft: It seems to be true to flex, but has gotten slightly whippier as it has broken in. Not great change in flex, just minor. Its probably closer to an 80 now. The shaft shape is great, and feels very comfortable in my gloves. 9.5/10 because of the slight change in flex

Shooting: It kicks very hard on all shots. The mid-low kickpoint is great for all shots for me. I can really lean into my shots and feel the shaft kick. The release is quick, and my goalie has told me that my shots have gotten faster, especially my snapper. I take alot of shots, being the sniper I am,:laugh: and it has helped me gain confidence in my shot. Definitley the best aspect of the stick, so 10/10

Passing/Stickhandling: As I said, the blade is very "poppy", but accepts passes fairly easily. Definitley better for accepting passes then my x60. On the giving end, passes come off the blade very true and easily. As all roller players, I like to stickhandle and do my fair share of moves. The balance and lightness of this stick helps, along with the lively feel of the blade. Again, gotta be a 10/10

Durability: No chipping on the blade yet, which I am happy about. As I said, I tape my stick to the mid heel, exposing a bit of the blade to the rink. I expected to have more wear on the blade then I do by now. Not in any means a bad thing! The chrome graphics on the shaft died fairly quickly, the parts of the letters on the corners of the shaft wore off fairly qhickly and the whole letters are starting to peel away. No structural damage, but don't expect the graphics to last long. 9/10

Conclusion: I would definitley buy another one, It is practically everything that I could ask for in a stick. The sticker shock is a very large obstacle, but Easton made a stick that is deserving of that price. Easton did not dissapoint with this stick! Overall: 9.75

Easton Stealth S19

Flex: 85

Curve: Iginla (non-grip)

Hall (non-grip)

Weight: 150

Postition: RW

Time-frame of use: First one (iginla) : Since January 2011 ; Second one (Hall) : Since November 2011

Previously used sticks (6 months) : Bauer One95, Easton SE16 , S19's

Aesthetics: The look of the stick is awesome. It is so different from the other stick I simply love it. (10/10)

Weight and Balance: The S19 is not one of the lightest stick's on the market but still, it is very light. (9/10)

Blade: The blade is very stiff and durable, the feel is simply incredible (10/10)

Shaft/Flex: The shaft feels like an 85 flex wich is good because I previously bought sticks that were a lot stiffer then what they were supposed to. If I had to describe it quickly, I would say : Quick release. It is increadible how fast the stick releases after flexing. You are able to load a lot of power in you shot. (10/10)

Stickhandling and Passing: It is very easy to recieve passes and the feel for the puck is excellent wich helps for the stick handling. (10/10)

Shooting: I have never shot so hard with a stick. The elleptical profil really helps with the accuracy. (10/10)

Durability: My first S19 (the iginla) is still in really good condition and I have had it for 11 months! My second S19 broke after only two weeks of use. I guess there was a manufacturing damage with this one. (6/10)

Conclusion: This is my favorite stick of all time. I have never been more confident when I'm on the ice, I just love how the stick feels in my hands. (9.5/10)

Easton Stealth S19

Flex: 75 (cut down to about an 80.)

Curve: Zetterburg

Non Grip

About me: 5'8 140lbs

Used from Dec 2011-April 2012

Looks: This stick looks sick, I love everything about the looks especially the way the elliptical portion of the stick looks. (10/10)

Weight/Balance: Very light and wheel balanced, iv felt lighter but its not blad heavy at all which makes up for it. (10/10)

Blade: Very stiff and true blade, Great feel. (10/10)

Flex/shaft feel: Great true flex, feels like a 75-85 flex which is what i like. (10/10)

Shooting: This is the best stick i have ever used for snap shots. Shots simply snap of the stick almost effortlessly. (10/10)

Durability: I loved everything about this stick until two weeks ago when i went after a puck in the boards and took a bad slash. I went to make a hard pass and the stick snapped right in the elliptical portion of the stick. I guess the performance you get from that portion of the stick gives up a little durability. (8/10)

Conclusion: This is my favorite stick i have ever used. There is no reason i wouldnt buy this stick again in a heart beat. I just wish it lasted longer, oh well. (9.5/10)

I couldnt find another S19 in my curve/flex so i ended up purchasing a total one. Hopefully its just as good!

Easton Stealth S19

Flex- 85

Curve- Zetterberg grip

Stats- 5'9", 155 lbs Roller and Ice Defense man

Previous sticks- 2 Easton S14 Zetterberg non grip

Time Frame- 3 months

Aesthetics- not that aesthetics is really that big of a deal, but I think this stick is beautiful. The black look with chrome accents and even the gloss look of the carbon on the blade and shaft look great. I'm not much for flashy sticks so this one is perfect for me. 10/10

Weight, Balance- this stick is noticeably lighter than my S14 is and the balance feels great. Doesn't feel blade light or heavy. I use tacki mac grips and with that at one end and fully taped on the blade it still feel very light to me. 10/10

Blade- The blade is stiff but has incredible puck feel. Receiving and making passes as well as stick handling is much better than my S14 10/10

Flex, Shaft- This is the odd thing about this stick. On the S19 the shaft feels much stiffer than my S14 and different flex profile that I couldn't really get used to. 8/10

Shooting- I can't feel the flex profile like I can on my S14's. On the S14 when I lean in I know where the flex is at and how to get a good shot. I still get some pretty good shots, but I find it harder to snipe a wrist shot top shelf. Since I am a defense man its not that big of deal, I find mind myself more interested in setting the that first pass that gets our team moving out of our own zone. 8/10

Durability- This was my low point with this stick, the shaft snapped at where the lower hand would be within 3 months of use, it did take some slashes but I didn't get the longevity that I expected. I know its a premium stick and you have to sacrifice some durability for performance.... but in my opinion I'm not that hard on sticks. I don't take many slappers I'm more of a wrister/ snap shot player. At least where the break was I'm in the process of having it fixed 7/10

Conclusion- I really had high hopes for this stick since it was the most expensive stick I've ever bought. At least I didn't pay full retail and bought it after the RS had already been released. I will probably stick with the mid price point sticks from now on.... I'm still using the S14 and its in good shape. 8.5/10

Easton S19 Non-Grip

Flex: 85 cut 1"

Curve: Heatley LH

Height:6'-1"

Weight:200

Position: LW or D

Type of Play: Intermediate Beer League, Pick up, and more competetive tourneys (Molson, Labatts), Lots of stick times (2X per week)

Played about 3-6 hours per week:

Previous Sticks: Bauer x20, Reebok Silver series, Christian/Sherwood wood sticks :)

Intro: I started playing hockey again last Spring after 20 years away from the game. Highest level of play was varsity High School in 1989.

When I started playing again, I went with what was familiar and cheap...solid wood sticks. The blades mushed out and split up, but I wasnt prepared to drop the $ on the more expensive sticks. I bought a couple of $40 dollar Reebox "Silver series" Crosby SMU's and although they were light years ahead of the wood sticks, I broke two of them within a month. I was sick of breaking sticks as I had broke a total of 4 within a couple of months so I bit the bullet and bought an S19 on a 1/2 off sale ($ 130 USD).

Looks: As long as it dont make me look like a punk or a chump on the ice I dont care. This one looks fine...cant go wrong with black and white....10/10

Weight: I was blown away at how lightweight this stick is. I love the balanced feel the blade has plus it gives me the ability to poke check and push pucks one handed alot easier than with a heavier stick. 10/10

Puck Feel: I was initially afraid that this stick was too "pingy" to feel and control passes. It almost seemed too stiff with no give. After playing with it a time or two I fell in love with how well it controls passes. I was most impressed with my shots than anything else about this stick. My snappers were lethal and my clappers were booming (for me anyway). Accuracy was phenominal based on comparisions to any stick I had previously used. 9/10

Durability: Because the stick cost so much, I ran a piece of shin pad tape under the blade first, then I tape my blade from behind the heel to within a 1/2" of the toe. That seemed to help alot because the blade has held up really well. Other than some skate cuts, it doesnt have to much for chips or wear. Matter of fact it didnt have any significant chips or damage after almost a year when it finally broke. It broke about where the blade is fused to the shaft, just catching a soft pass, which is crazy considering how many slapshots I have taken with that stick over the course of a year. 9/10

Shaft: I'm not a connesiour of stick flex, but it didnt seem to have significantly gotten any whippier over the year that it lived. 9/10

Conclusion: I would definitley buy another one, matter of fact I bought 3 more while they were on sale so hopefully I have 3 more years worth of sticks sitting in my garage, LOL. I think It is a truly great stick. I'm sure there are sticks out there now that are as good and better, but I am happy with the S19 for as long as my stash lasts :rolleyes:

Overall: 9.5

Easton Stealth S19

Flex: 100

Curve: Hall Grip

Weight: 175

Postition: C

Time-frame of use: Since March 2012

Other sticks used recently: SE16 100 flex Sakic Grip, Eq50 100 flex Hall grip

Aesthetics: This is a great looking stick by Easton. The graphics are clean and really look nice.

10/10

Weight and Balance: The stick feels very light and has a good balance point. It may not be listed as light as some of the other top end sticks, but once I got it out on the ice it felt just as light as anything I've used. No complaints here.

10/10

Blade: The blade seems to be well constructed and felt very solid, very stiff. I've used the stick about a dozen times and there has been no loss of stiffness yet. The puck really jumps off the blade on shots, which is nice. I prefer the slightly softer feel of my SE16 and Eq50 over the S19, but being that this is really designed to be a shooter's stick I can understand the tradeoff here.

8/10

Shaft/Flex: I cut the stick down to about the 100 flex mark as I do with all of my easton sticks. It plays true to the flex, which is great. I had heard that the S17 played a bit softer than rated, so they definitely remedied that with this stick.

10/10

Stickhandling and Passing: As I mentioed above in the blade section, I prefer the slightly softer feel of a stick like the SE16 or Eq50. This required a little bit of an adjustment period for me. That being said, I had no issues stickhandling through traffic and making passes after about 30 minutes of playing. Receiving passes was not an issue either after adjusting to the more lively feel of the blade.

9/10

Shooting: This stick is awesome in this category, probably the best I've ever used. Shots have a fast release and are very accurate. It's just a fun stick to shoot with and gives you a lot of confidence. Also, my snap shots seemed to be quicker with this than my SE16 and Eq50.

10/10

Durability: So far there has been no structural damage to the stick. The blade and shaft feel just as good as the first time I used it.

10/10

Conclusion: 9.6/10

It's a great product, and simply a fun stick to play with. If you're more of a shooter than a playmaker, you can't ask for much more out of a stick.

Easton Stealth S19 x3
Flex: 75, 70, and 95
Curve: Sakic/Kreps

Height: 5'10"
Weight: 220
Postition: RW/C

Time-frame of use: I used each stick at different times for about 3 months each, currently still have the 95 flex at home.

Aesthetics: Very clean paint job. I liked the mostly black with silver accents. I wasn't as big of a fan of the white handle on the grip models when I first bought it but it was quickly forgotten about. Also, this stick had the same problem a lot of Easton sticks have: the paint flakes off rapidly after tape has been applied to the area.

Weight and Balance: As with most of the higher end sticks nowadays, the S19 is very light stick. Maybe not the lightest stick out there, but I've never been overly picky about weight when it gets down to this level. I thought it had a little blade heaviness to it when holding it at home, however as soon as I hit the ice, it was not noticeable at all. (9/10)

Blade + Stickhandling and Passing: I really liked the blade on this stick, until they started going soft on me but I will discuss that later. I've always found myself to be a fan of the more pingy/ceramic feeling blades. I don't mind the softer ones but I've had good luck with this style. I thought these blades had a nice feel to them and were very responsive. Passes and shots seemed to jump off the stick. I didn't have any problem receiving passes either. (10/10)

Shaft/Flex + Shooting: I thought these sticks felt stiffer than rated. I do cut my sticks down a little bit but they ended up feeling a little more stiff then I was expecting/was use to with other sticks. I don't know if it was due to the elliptical taper or was just an over compensation from the S17, which was known for feeling a little whippy. It didn't feel stiff enough to where it was uncomfortable to use or anything, but I felt it should be noted. The shaft also was on the boxier side. I am usually a fan of smaller and narrower shafts. The sharper corners were not my preferred choice, but it wasn't anything terrible. Definitely wouldn't stop me from buying a stick.

I really liked how this stick loaded when shooting. It is up there with some of my all time favorites in this category. I thought the shaft loaded easily and had a very quick release. One of the reasons I use a lower flex than others of my height is because I'm not one to really bare down on my sticks when shooting. I always try to let the stick do the work for me. I found the S19 really excelled in this method. Pucks shot off the blade and were very accurate. (10/10)

Durability: I am not known for being one who breaks a lot of sticks. These are really the only sticks that I've had problems with the blades breaking down and going soft on me. It happened with all three sticks that I had. The blades started off nice and stiff but broke down very quickly for me. After not much use at all, the blades were able to be bent easily with my hand and I could hear the foams giving off a "crackling" noise. I also started to notice the blade splitting a forming holes along the seam. It was different than a chip. The shafts have been tanks on the sticks though. I never had a problem with any major damage to them, just the paint chipping off like crazy. (5/10)

Conclusion: I really loved this stick but was extremely disappointed when the blades broke down so quickly. I have held off on purchasing new ones due to this fact. I haven't experimented with the newer incarnation of the elliptical tapered Easton's enough to really notice if they solved the problem or not. I feel that if the blades lasted longer, it would probably be my all time favorite stick. It is still ranked very highly to me but I am weary of them due to all 3 of them breaking down. I see in other reviews that different members didn't have the same problem as me, but that's how it goes sometimes. (8/10)