Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grave77Digger

Shaving a Butt end ... no jokes please...

Are you trying to round it off or just make it thinner? If you are rounding it off, just use a file to take off the corners and then sandpaper for the smoothing.

If your trying to do what I am thinking of I would say that a belt sander is too big. I would try a sheet/pad or random orbital sander.

Not sure how much you are looking to spend, but you could look into a small bench sander. The one I'm thinking of has a belt and a wheel, I used to use one of those to round the edges after cutting my sticks down on the table saw.

Random orbital sander would take the wood down almost as fast as a file.

You get much more control with the file. For as often as you need to make a new end, I would prefer having more control.

Are you trying to round it off or just make it thinner? If you are rounding it off, just use a file to take off the corners and then sandpaper for the smoothing.

YA, will probably give this a try. Have been trying to do it with one of those vibrating hand sanders, wouldn't recommend it.

YA, will probably give this a try. Have been trying to do it with one of those vibrating hand sanders, wouldn't recommend it.

If you want to get technical, a rough file first, then a fine file and finally sandpaper or steel wool if you want to go completely crazy. Some spray paint may help seal it before you put the tape on as well.