Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Too Old

Schaumburg, IL drop-in anyone?

I'm going to be in Schaumburg, IL on Friday Jan 29th for a racing expo going on through Sunday. Looking to see if there's anything going on that night in terms of someone needing a sub, or if there's drop-in. I'd prefer to be right near Schaumburg. Saturday night is probably not a go since we'll have a large group of us going out to dinner. I play right wing usually and would say for a scale of A-B-C-D I'm a B- or C+. I'm playing in a B league this season and have had to really step things up in a hurry, lol.

PM me if you have anything, thanks.

Just had a person tell me to contact the rink in Hoffman Estates. Anyone have more info on that? They said drop-in is from 12:30-3:00 weekdays? Sure seems like a lenhthy time on the ice?!? At least our local rink is usually only an hour and a half. Would really appreciate feedback from any Chitown locals on this! I need to know whether or not to drag my gear along with me or not.

There is indeed rat hockey on weekdays from 12-3 at the hoffman rink, however no one really shows up to that. The huge turnout is at the 6:15am-7:50am skate on Saturdays. Usually enough guys for two lines per team and at least two goalies. Everyone is really good at not taking long shifts.

Thanks for the info! It's looking like Sat night we're heading to the Loop... lol... and then probably the Cook Co. Jail! :lol: At this point I may shelve any plans to play this time over there unfortunately. But I really appreciated the info!!!

Theres several rinks south of Schaumburg that have drop-in but, most drop-ins in the IL area consist of drop-in all stars. Like stated above, generally the Friday-Saturday morning ones are around the skill level you are talking about. Any other time at any rink is a hit or miss with players goalies and talent. There is days where it can be packed with AAA and Jr players then there are days where there are 4 guys out there with no goalie.

Just saw the edit regarding the time on early Sat morning. Problem is I need to be back and ready to rock at the Expo by then. Crap. I figured it'd be tough to squeeze in some ice time while over there. If anyone is a drag race fan I'll be at the World Drag Expo in Schaumburg doing a display for BTE/Memphis Performance on Sat/Sun. Friday afternoon is our setup time.

I play there Hoffman Estate rink next to Schuamburg. Rat hockey everyday during week. Cost is $10.00. AHL team CHI Wolves practice facilty. Always a good group..Sometimes hit or miss as to having goalie thou. Give it a shot.. Goood luck