Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Turgeon77

Vector Pros

I just ordered some Vector Pros from Kemp's Hockey {369.95}(Free Next-Day Shipping and No Sales Tax) <-Cheapest I could find...

I was wondering what I should do to break them in, should I:

A) Old Fashion Way (Pure Skating)

B)Bake them with CCM F-I-T System (I heard this damages skates) :angry:

C) Other...

Also which type of skate sharpening cut is good for a forward... ;)

Thanks,

I just baked them and fit systemed them. They were great out of the box. A little stiff at first (I was wearing 3 year old 1152s before these, so they were really flexible) but they are great now

If baking them damages the skate, then I suggest that you just do it the old fashion way, and wear them.

Thats not a regular bake. The fit systems supposivly molds the outside of the skate to your foot, with, pretty much two big air bags

i baked mine in a normal skate oven at my proshop before using them

i felt right at home the first time skating in them after baking, but i was coming from externos so it was pretty much the same fit.

Do the Vector Pros keep their stiffness? They stiffer than the 705's? Thanks

ive had mine since mid december and they're just about as stiff.

comparing them to the stiffness of 705s, i really couldn't tell you. from my

knowledge i remeber my 705s being very stiff and hard to break in (took about 2-

3 months)

but that was about 3 years ago when i was growing and short. my vector pros took

about 2-3 weeks for me to break them in.

I had mine baked and used the f.i.t. system as well on mine. Just make sure when your local shop bakes them they only bake them for 2-3 minutes. You're not supposed to bake them as long as you do for other skates.

Mine didn't take long to break in at all, maybe 2-3 skates. I really love these skates.

I need good support for my ankles in a skate...do the Pros have real good support for the ankles and the feet? THanks (sorry if my questions seem obvious but I'm very pciky in purchasing new skates)

Guest phillyfan

The newer skates require a less amount of time to break in, a few public skate sessions should help. Also, lace them up at home and walk around for a little while, that works as well.

Guest 2048

What I've heard about them from a friend who has em is that they're comfy and very light, but not protective at all. He also said he didn't like the e-holder as much as the lightspeed (he had xx's before).

What I've heard about them from a friend who has em is that they're comfy and very light, but not protective at all. He also said he didn't like the e-holder as much as the lightspeed (he had xx's before).

2048, you said there's not really any protective. What skate right now has the most protection and is a top of the line skate (or soon to come out and please don't mention Grafs....I wear them now and they kill my feet)?

2048, you said there's not really any protective. What skate right now has the most protection and is a top of the line skate (or soon to come out and please don't mention Grafs....I wear them now and they kill my feet)?

I'd take it with a grain of salt. I've been hit on the laces, ankles and sides of the boot and didn't get any real pain. It's not like they're made of butter or anything. I've never owned a pair of skates where I wasn't afraid of getting hit with a puck.. they're no less protective than any other skate out there.

I *much* prefer the e-holder to the lightspeed. I just don't like the feel of the lightspeed, feels cheap and plasticy (for lack of a better word) to me. The e-holder feels very similar to a classic tuuk to me. Solid and plenty durable as well...

As far as ankle support, They're not a cement boot like a 7000 or anything, but they're higher cut than a purefly or 705 but still allow tons of forward flex. They're very stable laterally, but not uncomfortable.

only thing weird about the skates to me is that I normally wear a 9 or 8.5 in bauers but I wear a freaking 7.5 in the vectors?!? :blink:

Guest 2048
2048, you said there's not really any protective.  What skate right now has the most protection and is a top of the line skate (or soon to come out and please don't mention Grafs....I wear them now and they kill my feet)?

I'd take it with a grain of salt. I've been hit on the laces, ankles and sides of the boot and didn't get any real pain. It's not like they're made of butter or anything. I've never owned a pair of skates where I wasn't afraid of getting hit with a puck.. they're no less protective than any other skate out there.

I *much* prefer the e-holder to the lightspeed. I just don't like the feel of the lightspeed, feels cheap and plasticy (for lack of a better word) to me. The e-holder feels very similar to a classic tuuk to me. Solid and plenty durable as well...

As far as ankle support, They're not a cement boot like a 7000 or anything, but they're higher cut than a purefly or 705 but still allow tons of forward flex. They're very stable laterally, but not uncomfortable.

only thing weird about the skates to me is that I normally wear a 9 or 8.5 in bauers but I wear a freaking 7.5 in the vectors?!? :ph34r:

It's possible that they just fit your foot better. I remember chatter saying that if a boot fits your foot perfectly, it'll protect you better than any other as there's no negative space, or something like that. And there are certain skates that just aren't great to take shots in, ex: Purefly, JR should be able to attest to that.